Movement Styles: Lightstream & Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Then what are you complaining about?

It sounds to me like your complaint then it's more about the items themselves than the price.

Theres just nothing you like, the trouble though is what were they supposed to do about your subjective taste preference? Not release things until they had something you subjectively liked?

You realise the ridiculousness of that position, right?
    • Like x 3
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

well i certainly wasn't the ONLY one shocked with their choice of items released. like i said i'm not against the idea, i just sort of wish they had expanded upon it a bit, and they probably will, till then i simply have no reason to buy any of them,.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That's because you're not the only one that subjectively wants what they want.

The devs don't have to justify the order and sequence in which they release things, instead of complaining you'd be better off going

"These are cool can we have this style?"

Instead of;

"**** you these are crap price is too high, why didn't you release the gold trimmed unicorn trail?"

Do you see which type of feedback is better?
    • Like x 3
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i haven't ONCE spoken in such a manner and i find that quite frankly offensive.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not necessarily you specifically, but you're the person im coversing with at this particular moment. What I was doing was paraphrasing the general sentiment of those making complaints like that, they're all over the place.

My intention is not to offend you so don't take it as such.

What im expressing is bemusement at people who will complain about not getting new features, not getting marketplace purchases, not get what they want when they want it then when things do get released continue to complain even when it's positive progress.

I think at this point people just want to complain irrespective if how baseless those complaints are and even when those complaints are contrary to their objectives.
    • Like x 1
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

Now put all the motes in the R&D vendor and i will be happy
    • Like x 1
  7. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

Maybe this was answered in this thread, but could this potentially lead to more styles, like different colored lightning for super speed ????
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

probably. i mean at one time a few years ago i think mepps answered a thread about it and said it was a technical impossibility, though that was before movement styles, the dropping of ps3, and the reverse speed force material. i believe at this time it would maybe be feasible given our recent developments.
  9. Dagyr Doom Level 30

OMG you're way younger than I thought you'd be.Like wow I've got socks older than you.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

What?

And as for the movement styles..they suckered me in.. that white smoke screen looks/sounds amazing while in flight or just hovering... i really enjoy it and the price is not that bad.. other games you pay way more for stuff like this..

Eso charges 40 bucks for a horse that has no function other than aesthetics 10 bucks for essentially the same thing is a steal in my opinion ...

One minor gripe though and honestly this is not very significant just a wish that i have...

The rocket assisted glide would look way better if the feet also had the smoke coming out of it ... would be awesome ...but again just a minor gripe and totally understand if its not or wasnt doable...

I have yet to see someone in open world with the light stream ones would really like to see it i have a flight “lantern” but the speedster one i could totally see this looking very “Tron” like
  11. Dagyr Doom Level 30

Please note I'm an old fart (64 years of age currently) so my socks are in fact older than most gamers.Also I had never seen Mepps before so I thought he was older.I honestly thought he was in his 40's.
    Anyhow onto the game content.I'll be getting the orange smoke 1 for sure as I have a bunch of fire powered characters.The blue and white versions would be cool for my frost characters.Not sure what I'm going to do for my mental powered characters yet...Sigh! :confused:
  12. darth_paul Dedicated Player

My main character is a speedster Green Lantern, and I am definitely going to get the green one for him. Heck, I'm going to get the whole set, as I've got uses for all of these for several of my toons. Just, going to spread it out a bit between my monthly DBC and putting a little extra here and there into spending when I can as I won't be spending $60 all at once.
  13. TheNord New Player

Someone beat me to the Tron reference. I remember when Tron came out to movie theaters and it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video of the green speedster guy. It's cool, but it would be cooler if it made light walls like in Tron. lol Probably a good thing it doesn't or no one would be able to get around in the Watch Tower.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I saw the whole video ***

We're getting 6 new movement styles ;) That's pretty nice... *BUT* with that Smokescreen we can pretty much go all out ..Full Rebirth Beyond movement.. Just saying
  15. IsmeldaHuine New Player

I would have prefered 2 movement style which you could use your palette to color. I did bought the orange cloud for my fire character though.
    • Like x 1
  16. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

Exactly. They said the same thing about Water powers, so we'll see
  17. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I love using the orange smokescreen on one of my speedsters. It is great. It is a much better fit.
    Until I tried using one of the super speed movement modes skill point tree attacks "Vortex Trap" which you encircle the target. There remained the original lightning trail effect, which is also a much more visible effect than the calm little smoke puddle and few small smoke puffs that trail you while running in the circle.
    Was the original super speed lightning effect not removable for the skill tree attacks?
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

same, but i don't imagine they're quite done with these, the devs did say we would probably be seeing more styles in the market place. wouldn't mind a green smoke though, .
  19. Krossssss Well-Known Player

I`d like to see new base themes based on our powers would be awesome or Iconic themed, just a thought;)
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I haven't seen many players will the cosmetic travel styles. :confused:
    I really hope they sell well, I want more travel styles. :(