Episode Ideas?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The 14th Doctor, Aug 3, 2018.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Gorilla Wars. Its Grodd versus the Ultra Humanite for control of Gorilla City and all of humanity is caught in the middle!

New Map:Gorilla City!

New NPCs:Solivar! Detective Chimp! Angel and the Ape!

New Duo: Wonder Twin Powers Activate! Grodd and the Humanite have targeted a Star labs facility housing two shapeshifting aliens and a small blue chimp. What nefarious plans do these apes have in store for their intended captive? Fend off not one but two armies of genetically enhanced ape armies!

Open World Bounties: Giganta! The Brain and Mallah! Titano!

New Alert: Take over the World! As the fight between Grodd and the Humanite comes to a head Mallah ever loyal to his brain throws a double cross and kidnaps the Ultra Humanite and Grodd...its up to you to rescue your would be conquerors or else! The idea here is youre going to lose either Grodd or Humanite...with the Brain transplanting himself into who he kidnaps and will influence the final boss fight.

New Raid: Monkey See. Basically the brain turns everyone into gorillas.

Plus I want a feat titled "Don't know what to say the Monkeys won't do" cuz animanics.
    • Like x 1
  2. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I'm loving the ideas. Also,
    Maybe a Green Arrow DLC featuring Star City (or maybe even Seattle) and the Longbow Hunters?
    Bizarro. Bizarro world and everything. No idea what the story would be. Maybe it'd just be a mission or event, but I think it'd be interesting.
    Honestly, I think they should reach out to Marvel to try a DC vs Marvel story. I can't really see it as a DLC, but maybe as an event, like the Anti Monitor event. There'd be a great opportunity for a whole Superman/Spiderman mission for the heroes and Lex Luthor/Doctor Octopus one for villains. Plus, from what I hear, Marvel is kinda struggling with MMO, so this could also be an opportunity for them to promote and such
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

after thinking about pandaria in wow, wouldn't it be neat if we had a whole asia themed zone? i just really like the architecture. that a dlc centering around dc's more samurai themed super heroes like katana, darkseid wars to further upon the whole darkseid's war factory story line, maybe a brainiac dlc tied to the battle for earth dlc but only vaguely furthering it and being more just us fighting brainiac on his ship. a starro dlc proper that ISN'T tied to atlantis but is more like starro from the justice league series we can even fight starro the conqueror himself in humanoid form, a dlc/sub event based on the "where were you the night the batman died" storyline.
  4. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

My idea would be to have an episode that doesn't tie in as a Movie Promo; but I don't think that is ever going to happen again.
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think you’ll see an original one as the summer release next year - there’s nothing to really tie into during that period, so it would have to be original. I’m hoping we’ll see our Legion of Super-heroes episode then.

And if they wanted, Darkseid War could really be promoted as their Wonder Woman tie-in at the end of next year. It would be pretty easy to spin (kind of like how they spun Earth 3 as being something to play off the Justice League movie).
    • Like x 1
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

Infinite Crisis, anyone? We already had one crisis event with Earth 3, lets move it up to 11 and have the antimonitor ready to destroy all the multiverses, Pariah coming up to ask for help and so on.
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

this would be an interesting idea, now that we're tier 10 and fighting gods, dc comic's cosmic villains need some exploring. one thing i absolutely love in other games i've played, are the creative world building ideas they've come up with. super hero squad had onslaught and the astral plane (which looked absolutely surreal with it's glassy barely corporeal walk ways, and the surroundings looking like space but with mountains underneath.). similarly world of war craft does something equally amazing with a boss called star augur etraeus who you fight in a planetarium. https://www.wowhead.com/star-augur-etraeus-nighthold-raid-strategy-guide. given the number of cosmic beings capable of similar things in dc i'd think antimonitor and other cosmic entities being end game bosses and having them be incorporated in such an artistic manner, would be phenomenal.
  8. Ergotth Committed Player

Indeed ^^ plus the crisis event had a sequel as the Final Crisis that led to the reboot to news 52, not ot mention Infinite Crisis also had tons of follow up stories that build up to it like End of Magic. And we have Flashpoint Paradox, and hey, throwing out a random idea, why not an episode based on the movie "Justice League: Gods and Monsters"? That movie was PHENOMENAL!
    • Like x 1
  9. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Two Words: White Martians.

I also like the Gorilla city and Legion ideas. I think all three would be perfect. Sorry to some of the others, but I feel like we have enough Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman content to last a lifetime (and with the addition of Atlantis, I think Aquaman joins the list).

I also thought of a gimicky idea: how about an episode based on earth 3 or Bizzaro world, where you fight duplicates of yourself(s), in single, duo, alert , and raid formats? It's very silver age comicy.
    • Like x 1
  10. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

Another idea! I've been reading some of the most recent rebirth comics, and I think a DLC based on some of the ideas introduced there would be cool. Like, the shattering of the Source Wall and the whole Ultraviolet Lantern Corps storyline. Plus, it would definitely give the villains a chance to be more villainous for a change, more or less.
    And, I might have already mentioned this, but Dark Knights Metal. I'm not sure how effective a horror theme would be in DCUO, but I would love to see them try doing that.
    And, yes, the Legion of Superheroes. They could even tie it into the shows if they really wanted, but it would be cool to see them formally introduced in DCUO
    Also, PVP. It might be cool to update that a bit. Maybe they could introduce Earth 15, which was basically destroyed by a version of Superboy. Like, the map is a city in ruin, and players only fight other players, with occasional appearances from Superboy himself. They could just do this as an Arena map or something, but I think it would be a cool concept. Or, at least, something like this.
  11. Eve YouTuber

I would love a Martian Manhunter episode. I asked Jackster on the comics stream if we ever get
    a MM content and he said It's possible. Also more Hawkgirl & Hawkman content.
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

this might be interesting, it would be a fascinating excuse to further test the AI in the mad scientists from arkham asylum grounds, the ones that mirror your weapons when you fight them. plus bizarro world is just too fun to pass up XD.
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I like the idea of a Bizarro duplicate of our character (reverse color scheme, white blocky face, etc). Doubt it’s possible due to “tech limitations”; but there’s something in the code that allows us to set our current character and styles for league hall statues, so who knows.

I’m always for more immersion to make us a bigger part of the DC Universe. Still wish we had our own Origin Crisis solo mission where we travel back in time to our first day escaping Brainiac’s ship. We would be there to stop someone trying to erase us from history because we’ve finally become too much of a thorn in the side. It would feature our current character fighting on the other side of the ship where the more powerful enemies are (explaining why we had such weak enemies on day one); and we could catch glimpses of our past self trying to escape the ship as we go through the mission.