Devs, before you leave powers as is...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by punoH, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Well you say it's useless, it may be useless but if you think that's the case you explain to the devs why it's useless so it can be improved.

No matter how useful an exploit is you don't advocate for its persistence, that's ridiculous and quite frankly it speaks volumes of a person's integrity when they argue for exploits or unintended mechanics to remain simply because they find them 'useful'.

In fact it speaks volumes as to your skill that you feel the need to rely upon such things in the first place.
    • Like x 3
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

First page of youtube search results for "dcuo mental am rotation" Uploaded Oct. 10, 2016. Bot clip vs reg clip.

And it's funny because the first video in my search result is Oct. 30, 2016 and it's the weapon mastery exploit for mental titled "Dcuo Mental dps power tree/sp guide and AM rotation 2016 (PS4)" Both the exploit and the bot clip for mental were uploaded with the bot clip being uploaded 8 months before the video that was uploaded that got all of them patched. And for reference, it wasn't even a video showing how it was done. Crappy made a video showing the renown booster clipping with a blacked out loadout so randoms wouldn't even know how to do it but he PM'd the devs about it, and when I talked to him in game he was actually mad about the other clips that got removed as well because he didn't think they were a problem.
  3. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

It was used. They removed 1 part of it. People stopped using it. Why do I have to take time out of my day to explain 1st grade logic over how it can be improved?
  4. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Also:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/trinkets-and-clipping.288105/
    BY THE PERSON WHO MADE THE VIDEO

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/current-dps-standings-might-spec.285693/
    Thread in april with the bot clip alone, with no comments on the clip from Spord or Shin-O-B back in April and it wasn't "patched" until two months later. Don't talk about it being reported or seen and then patched right after when you don't know the history at all xD
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Useless because it lowers your damage which should be obvious by the lack of use in game and the fact I don't think I've seen a single one in a loadout video in years.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I'll tell you something a first grader understands, it's that you don't leave a broken glass cup on the ground just because you can use a shard of glass as a knife.
    • Like x 1
  7. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Make quantums time bomb come down faster and never miss the targets

The destabalized powers could use a buff too.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yet it serves its intended purpose, which is to apply a P.I. and save you a loadout slot.

A lot of the base white mods haven't been used in years either, lol. Doesn't mean they don't serve their intended purpose and should be abused.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah imagine if penetrating strikes bugged out and starting causing disproportionate damage, everyone would switch and start going "lol must be working as intended".
    • Like x 1
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Please. List some white base mods that haven't been used in years. I'll wait.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Penetrating Strikes
    Regenerative Shielding
    Enhanced Recovery
    Empowered Glide
    Explosive Block
    Berserker
    • Like x 1
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

This is kinda the devs fault. They let exploit go on for so long, players who use them think it's part of gameplay.
    • Like x 3
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

If a first grader knew they could use a shard of glass as a knife, something is wrong with them. And a first grader should be leaving it on the ground because they'll possibly hurt themselves. Children don't handle sharp objects without adult supervision. An adult should be picking it up, to throw it out. But for say an actual adult, say a prisoner, they won't let a shard of glass go unused when there's a chance after that incident they may get plastic cups. When life gives you apples, you kill a bunch of Snow White's. I can eat plenty of other fruits, but if Snow White likes apples, bet.
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Regenerative Shielding - controllers and healers use, and ice tank
    Penetrating Strikes - half the dps community still runs this from some false belief
    Empowered Glide - actually the strongest power back foot socket but often loses to Tumbling Mastery in important but still used by trolls that actually know how to proc it.
    Explosive Block - Used by tanks in SM and in general to increase boss helpless duration. Situational as it's not good for adds, but still used.
    Berserker - Plenty of dps's still run this when they don't have an accelerated mod that's useful.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. Yeah, sorry. Wanted to take you seriously when you suggest that a 200 (yep, not 2,000) point heal was being used. As a fire tank, trust me, regenerative shielding is not being used.

As regards the others, you're telling me that they are "better than nothing," or "the optimal way to dps"?
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

All of this is actually irrelevant because my comment was a retort towards your petty insult made regarding the people in this thread that are disagreeing with you, basically because you know your position is flawed and the argument is lost.
    • Like x 1
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Oh I'm sorry, what do you put in your hands as Fire Tank? Nothing? Max Damage trying to battle tank? xD Empowered Channeling trying to use Absord Heat to heal? xD

They're all better than nothing. They don't hurt you. PI consumables actually hurt your dps besides 1 possible excpetion I have a leaguemate currently testing and that's only the case for 1 powerset, under 1 loadout for 1 specific instance.The time you spend casting a pi consumable is compared to a regular power now. And half the time you're comparing it to a 12s strong dot that most people use for inflicting their pi.Over half of their powerset isn't even gonna compare to that damage total on 3 targets. In addition to that, in a lot of cases, you can ignore pi completely and don't even need it if you have a bunch of iconics or use your weapon, or have high burst moves that don't need a pi. Make it clippable and do 1 damage and I'd be more tempted to run them for the hell of it/occasional pi benefit than to use it now for no benefit. More than likely, as said before, most powers aren't even gonna compare to standard pi applicators and most of the high burst moves that could replace it are already in your loadout. You don't even have an extra power to use that could be beneficial unless you wanted to stack iconics possibly if that's even possible in the rotation, but ya'll are against that so there's no point in bringing up that either.
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Tbh it's an insult to me to keep seeing the same names come up that always talk about opinions but never stating facts, and always having to be corrected or proved wrong either by posts or footage by the community they mock all the time. It's like being the honor roll student that sits in the front of the class and everytime they get paired with the student who skips class normally and isn't there for lectures and practice problems, the student who skips tries to question the honor roll student and prove them wrong. "Oh you shouldn't be using this shortcut" "You shouldn't be looking up the answers in the back of the book for homework". Meanwhile, the honor roll student is ace'ing every exam. Like who is the class skipper to question their methods and beliefs about the teacher.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Slight correction, celestial combos do use power, but only on the final input. When it first got on the revamp, it originally used power on the second input, but spord changed it to the final due to requests. Even then it's still power hungry because cele combos cost 200 power.

K, carry on lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol, you really don't know how to stay on topic, lol. The base mods are working as intended, even if many do not provide optimal dps.

The PI applicators are working as intended, even if many do not provide optimal dps.

They apply a PI (hence the name), with no power cost. Some players may find this desirable for their loadout spaces. Others may not. That doesn't matter at all as long as they're fulfilling their function.