What power you can do good damage ranged?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Redlotusx, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Redlotusx Active Player

As a DPS I find it annoying how Hard Light hardest hitter are melee, i am sure rage has the same issue. There are a lots of moment during alert where you get Ko in 3-4 hits if you don't have the defense buff, so i am looking for powers that allow you to stay range and still do lots of damage. (There are probably none, its worth asking though)
  2. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

WM DW into Bow Flurry
    • Like x 1
  3. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

There's a series of clips that provides both a range and melee loadout for each power set. Light is in part 2 at about 27:00. I do pretty well in raids / alerts with these range loadouts. They're all PftT, superpower focus.

• Like x 1
  4. Redlotusx Active Player

Thanks Captain1Dynamo that was really educative :) Now i know what too look for.
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Munitions
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Quantum at mid-range
    Celestial
    Munitions
    Electricity
    Or as someone else mentioned. Broken WM combos that hopefully will get fixed soon

The thing you have to realize OP, is that most powers can do fairly well at mid range & Light is one of them.
    A few powers like Electric can do exceedingly good damage at a distance, but its' all either single target (Light) or Multi- target (Electric)
    Powers like Gadgets, Rage & HL do their best work up close and personal, but there is a risk vs reward involved.
  7. Redlotusx Active Player

Munition hum? I just made one yesterday and i love the fact you can move while using abilities. The problem i have with munition is it look so mundane and normal compared to the other fancy powers. I mean everyone can use guns in real life, but its not like you can freeze thing or burn thing just by snapping your finger or waving your hand.
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

You can't go melee in alerts? ... :cool:
  9. Redlotusx Active Player

How many time i went melee in alert only to see my HP drop to zero? :( i rather avoid being a burden with a big + over my head every time i go in the enemy face to chainsaw them. Adds of course are ok, but when its boss time i go melee and get my face smashed.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Position yourself better or bring a healer. It's not hard to stay alive meleeing in alerts
    • Like x 5
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

This...all about positioning...aim for the tramp stamp.

AoE attack? Roll out, then get back in.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

If you are getting KO'd by using CS vs a boss, you could always try LW Spin (something like PI > (p) Whipthrash (they have range about 2x what you see (c) WT clip (p) LW spin X4 (c) LW Throw. Position is key when melee vs a boss
    This will enable you to stay back a bit and move during spin

Or just stay back and go ST. If it's just the boss, your better off with single target like Hand Clap ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

if u run without tank and u are searching for good dps u will eventually always end up meleeing ...
    • Like x 1
  14. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Fire and Ice also have mobile channels if that's what you like about Munitions.