Tank Vs Tank! Revamp Edition

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by L T, Nov 22, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

They did a fairly major update that got rid of mods. Instead we have augments that get leveled up like artifacts. Not Tank specific, but it seems like it's generally better.

Today's update adds a 3rd artifact slot.
  2. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

My fire tank is gonna feel OP with a 3rd artifact slot. I hope 3 artifacts don't break the game.
  3. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I'm using the starheart level 121, demon fang 120, and today I will put the dilustel in the 3rd slot but I have to start at level 1 again cause I consumed my upgraded dilustel a couple weeks ago.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Started redoing this guide for augments. It's looking like restoration wins for fire tanks, especially active ones, despite the dom augments giving extra health.
  5. Roocck Committed Player

I have tried Fire, Earth and Ice in the past week. Ended up with Ice with Domination augments and most of my skill points into restoration, rest in Domination using super charge setup. Doing pretty well with shields lasting longer using this setup.
  6. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

Be interested in your theory on this. Currently 4 Dominance Augments @217 grants you an extra 738 health (including 50% innate buff) as a Fire tank compared to the Restoration augment. I appreciate a Restoration approach makes sense if your wanting to utilise a more self healing and active approach to mitigate damage. Regardless of the play style, I can’t help but feel there are so many more ways to buff your health outside of the augments via mods and artifacts which have a greater, more beneficial effect overall.
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyro Committed Player

Ah ill have to look up how the new season works, i wonder if fire is still the worst out of the lot
  8. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

After months of testing fire tanking, I see that fire needs health more than any stat. Once health is maxed, dom is the next way to go. Resto really doesn't matter. Previously I was goin for Resto first and that's not the right way. This all is my opinion of course. However since I started to prioritize health, my tank has better survivability. The critical healths still need to be maxed out. It's best to have a lot of SPs obviously.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not sure if anyone has the answer but I was thinking about going earth from ice currently. I’ve currently enjoy running the pheromone bloom iconic SC in combination with eye of Gemini. One thing I didn’t like about earth was feeling squishy when brick died. Since eye of Gemini came out I have wondered if the aoe would heal brick up. If so I am thinking about using unstoppable to keep pheromone SC on cooldown and keep brick alive with endless Gemini heals.

Thoughts?
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just switched from ice to earth impulsively and yes, eye of Gemini heals brick by a huge amount. The faster you build sc the better you keep brick healed. I think I just found my favorite tanking power lol
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm that's a cool thing that EoG heals Brick. Sounds like acrobatic Earth Tanks should go for Perfect Poise then, others might need to use Pheromone Bloome, since the other movement mode's SCs catapult you out of the EoG Circle and Brick might follow.

Eye of Gemini, Soul Cloak and Supercharged Perfect Poise get you almost to full again (if the artifacts are 160). On 120 EoG and SC give you around 3/4 of the SC used back.

I really do like the combination of both of them for tank though I won't use the Extended SC Chest mod. Third slot is open to anything though I would always go for the Manacles myself.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Haha yes that was my thought. Also the reason that I am using pheromone bloom, other than being flight lol, is that PB will heal you in a burst while also CCing the adds nearby. How what does perfect poise do from acrobatics? And do you happen to know what the SS 35% sc does? Do not have a sc character myself so can’t check lol.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Perfect Poise is a shield at 2500SC cost that also knocks down enemies. Wouldn't run Devastating Flip as Tank tho. It just does damage and that's basically it ^^
  14. L T Devoted Player

Also, devastating flip will take you outside the eye's circle. Same with flight and super speed's shields.
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that :-D
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait there is still a 2500 sc? Thought all of those have been turned to 3500. That’s pretty incredible for this build lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yep :)
    [IMG]
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Every movement mode has at least two 2500 cost supercharges.

Flight: Vacuum Bubble and Dustoff
    Acrobatics: Perfect Poise and Devastating Kick
    Super-Speed: Dash Attack, Metabolic Boost, and Speed Drain

If you are Flight, Pheromone Blood is a good option since it costs 2500 SC. Dustoff maybe Flight's shielding SC, but it puts you horribly out of position to use Eye of Gemini.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait when did they get changed back to 2500 sc? When I last checked they used to be 3500 lol. That is cool thou lol.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thought about switching to acro to test the shield but than I noticed that perfect poise is a 30sec cooldown shield. The build I had in mind revolves around keeping up Gemini circle as much as possible. Pheromone bloom is a sc that has 2500 sc cost (thought it was 3500 so even better haha) it damages and stuns (if not immune) as well as healing you over time. This also has a 12 second cooldown which leaves you a little downtime but not as much as 30 seconds.

For superspeed what do metabolic boost and speed drain do?
    • Like x 1