it does not feel like "skill points matter"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 6ix9ine, Aug 14, 2018.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I think what you are saying is with just the gear alone no mods, no buffs, and no skill points your base stats would scale based of the level From level 1 to Max CR, by going 1 to whatever you would get with no gear where instead your sp would increase your stats to where we are currently depending on your equipped SP?

Is that what you want?

If so I could get behind that it would make feats to important though and it would lock players out.

Then again CR still could be the gate but the burn though,...(shiver).

OK.
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea really, that response has 4 likes lol. So much misinformation
  3. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

i mean all i was trying to say was i honestly feel no stronger than i did at 325 skill points than i do now at 394 skill points :confused: lol.
  4. Yes We Can Active Player

Not to burst your proper bubble here....but skill points were to put into your weapon, movement moves, abilities, powers and other skills. This meant we needed to complete feats which required skill to obtained to enhance our toons own skill.

Now its 'collect 50 base items' 'open 5 crapsules' 'level up 42 crapifacts' 'beat 554 holograms' 'run raid 5 times' like how de fq is this skill? Now its just useless points requiring no skill to obtain so you are correct tho as them being 'stat points' and they ain't 'skill points' anymore.

They used to mean the difference when weapons were used of either hitting a max crit of 7,234 to 7336 just by putting another point into precision instead of this 'add one point which gives you 5 precision and you will receive .5(5)*(0.1)=2.75 total value which will increase such said example to 7,237. Basically instead of adding 1 point which gives us 100+ value we now get squat of like 3 per point. (these are random numbers and are just for example to demonstrate the extreme difference).
    • Like x 1
  5. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

to be honest there should actually be special content that only players with certain amount of skill points can que up into and have a chance at special loot rewards... special kinds of auras, material, base items, trinkets, etc etc.

for example players with 300 sp can enter such and such mode and have a chance at this type of reward, players with 350 sp can enter this mode and have a chance at this greater reward, players with 400 sp can enter this mode and have an chance at this even greater reward. kind of like a mini survival mode type atmosphere but requires a certain amount of skill points to get in different ones. The higher your skill points the better the reward.

That would at least show the effort, time and money put into grinding skill points is truly worth it
  6. Yes We Can Active Player

Maybe this game should take the call of duty approach and give us picture titles for things we did in content like 'slayed 400 adds while fighting mister miracle in artifacts and nobody died' and all 100% of our stats comes from our gear so its 100% linear without buffs and outlying stats by use of crapifacts, sodas, or what'ev we have now.
  7. Yes We Can Active Player

So I could make a new toon and replay feats to achieve 400 stupid points and im still on the ship and I can go into an instance designed for the 400+ and I only have 1 power to use? Wow! sign me up!

Seriously tho, I am curious and how you came up with this idea whether its good or bad, just curious.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

1. What's your point?

2. Stat points matter way more than skill points did during the AM era, so again what's your point?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

i dont know about all that lol probably add a minimum CR level to it but your amount of skill points will have to factor in as well.

& i dont know just an idea.. Alot of players miss survival mode, Players like having rare collections, materials, Auras, base items etc etc why not make a mode built around all of that. it doesnt exactly have to be like survival mode but something that is similar and comes with an sp requirement, the better the sp the better the reward received but the harder the mode becomes

Players would still have to level up to the mandatory CR and meet the skill point requirement which means players will be buying lots of replays to get those skill points on alts. DC would make some money off it i reckon :rolleyes:
  10. Yes We Can Active Player

1. Our points are diluted to being worthless with this new system.

2. False as I just gave an example in previous post and the ^ answers it too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yes We Can Active Player

And im sure a colored name will say 'not a bad idea but doing so would require us not to release 1 or 2 pieces of content for a year to create all these instances for sp advancement with rewards'.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

You gave nothing of the kind and if the points are so worthless how about you make a video of you running content with none set and then make another video with all of your points set, the same content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yes We Can Active Player

:)
  14. Proxystar #Perception

constructive.
    • Like x 1
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m saving up my points. 76 more and I can get that gift card for Best Buy!
    • Like x 2
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Gather 20 000 times or buy advanced toon ,get all items from time capsules and earn 20 SP :) yea i know what you mean .
    This is perfect example where this game heading .
    There is also one type of feats that i like the most those where no one dies in whole raid ohhh brother how much drama with those .
    This guy died again im ading him to ignor and 3 raids after mr "ignor" died few times and people starting to h8 each other thats perfect example that devs like to do those kind of things to themselfs :) but hey at least those one are funy not like those opend 5 times time capsule :)

Now about Skill points matter and what they did - they took average from all active players and they made that avarage as all SP that you need to be top DPS and boom 60-70 % are happy ( mostly becouse people dont need all those BS time capsules feats at least for now ).
    I think it was good move but game still need balance specialy supercharges and supercharges generators powers ( becouse some fit to loadsout and some sucks ) and ofcourse weapons this is totaly unbalanced world .

Small Tip how to balance supercharges generator powers - make just 2 SC generator powers ( one meele and one range ) and place it to iconic or movements powers so everyone have access to same SC generator powers or 2nd get rid of those SC generators for good .
  17. Dene Devoted Player

EXACTLY !!

People do not seem to get this part at all
    • Like x 2
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

It's just you and a few others that totally misunderstand SP and how they are suppose to function.

The revamp was called Making Stats Matter not Making SP matter. SP are part of our total stats and they do matter more than you are trying to make it out to be.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...stats-matter-removing-cr-differential.268891/

Making SP matter more than they do at this point in time would alienate new players and any successful company's goal is attract new customers not run them away.
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Here are few examples

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Gaining feats / SP always required time and never really required any skill. SP should have never been called Skill Points because that is what they are not indicative of. They should have been more appropriately called time sink points.
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

First and foremost you were NOT being trolled in your thread on this tired subject. Opposition to an idea does not constitute trolling. Also, opposition to an idea (especially one recognized as being bad) is not a form of insult. You're claiming that you were insulted but I can't recall anyone actually doing such a thing...however if that did happen, by all means provide me a link to said offensive posts in a PM.

The fact of the matter in this situation is this...just because some of you feel that stat points should matter more, doesn't mean you will get your wishes. Your reasoning is very impassioned, but flawed. The Devs have from day one always intended for players to get their stats primarily from gear. That's an irrefutable fact. Over time they expanded the game to include other supplemental sources for stats, but to this day it's still THEIR plans for players to get the majority of their stats from gear.

What you and a few other minority individuals want is to punish the majority of players for not being as hardcore or dedicated as you or a few others. Are you seriously telling me you can't see how bad that would be for the community at large??? That's not a minor annoyance that people will get over after a "little adjustment". That would force people to do things in the game that they don't want to do JUST so they can play a part of the game they already paid for but were locked out of because a few individuals said so.
    • Like x 6