Grinding Nth Metal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mikeyb2001, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

Any good places Ads continuously spawn that don't have a feat or mission with them I hate pissing people off but I really wanna get my solar amp to 160 its 148 right now
    • Like x 1
  2. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

I know of two places in Doomed Metropolis (hero side, but I'm sure there's a villain equivalent). There is a feat, but I rarely see people going after it. One is the LexCorp turrets near the opposing faction's base, and the other is a turret on the north-eastern side of the map. I usually get more from those two. Like I said, there is a feat for destroying them, but I hardly see anyone doing it actively.
    Other than that, grinding solos. Usually, you get some in the first minute and no where else, so you could probably just run it until you do and leave without a loot lock
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Couple things I have done in the past....

1. Solo challenge... Each one is like entering a new zone so the timer resets and you can get drops pretty fast. Between tier 1 and 3 alone that means a total of 13 missions and at Cr 200 or better everything just kind of dies when you look at it. Added bonus? Every single one of them also drops armor that may give you the ability to complete a style feat if you didn't have it already, all of that armor can be salvaged giving you more Exobytes to fortify your augments. Also get an Alternate reward box with each so the possibility of a mark here and there, a token of Prestige, token of merit, or a compound omega. NONE of them takes long I have done every single one in an hour or less.

2. Lower tier zones.... Go to some place like the Wastelands and grab the daily solos. Are there feats attached ? Sure but what is the difference if your running a daily and taking out mobs in one spot or if another player is? Added bonus? Again using the Wastelands green junk armor will drop and these days if it is above a combat rating of 30 it will salvage and become an exobyte. This will work with any outdoor zone that you have access to and with all of them you are NOT taking away anything from any other player. And again if you are way above the CR of the mobs it does not take long to finish and move on.

3. Walk ins You can walk into anything from the duos in the Wastelands, Ace Chemical in Gotham City, Strykers in Metropolis and so on and just solo the content. Same bonus as above more gear to salvage along with any added furniture or whatever else might drop since anything and everything that may be handed out to a 4 or even an 8 man team will all be going to you.

4. Lower tier Bounties... I farm for exo-material nightly and I will grab the bounties for the Rogues and work on the feats associated with beating 500 of them so I am getting Nth metal, farming for Exo-matrials I can use to improve my exobytes I use to fortify augments in addition to any feats I didn't already have. I'll also just go ahead and take out the Wanted Poster ones as well. Not really hurting anyone else since those respawn quickly anyway and IF you want to be a really good neighbor just go to shout before attacking and ask if anyone wants to join you.. EXPLAIN your way above the bounties CR and can and have soloed it before. If some one answers offer the an invite to ensure they get credit and defeat the bounty. NO one answers and obviously no one in zone wants the thing just go ahead and kill it. Mp real bonuses since aside for the Morrow and Siege bots none of the bounties I just talked about hands on armor (the Wanted posters do the very first time you defeat one IF you grab the mission for it from the safehouses) But you can work on a few feats of your own if you never got the ones for the Rogues before.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

It doesn't matter where you go. Get metal, wait the timer out, hit something again. I think it's something like 8 minutes. Use a stopwatch.
    • Like x 2
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Simple fix WE NEED a Double XP For Nth Metal Weekend..SOON
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly - there is no special thing to do.. just play the game.. as long as you are hitting/knocking out something every few minutes you are on then it will go fine
  7. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Have a kid > let him farm for you > Profit.

:D
    • Like x 4
  8. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

LMAO
  9. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

I set my Google home for 8 minutes and keep resetting it every time I do it
    • Like x 1
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

So....much....METAL!
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Did you just assume my child's gender :p
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

lol no I was explaining how I do it XD
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I know lol, don't panic I'm not going to report you to the hate authorities. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Balton hero Committed Player

Real profit would be to offer his services to others. Better than a lemonade stand.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Lol yep hands Tybee's kid my account details, what could possibly go wrong. :D
    • Like x 1
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Aren't the drops on a timer? All you have to do is go to open world and kill a mob. Why are you overthinking this?

You need to just kill things on a buncha alts. That and buy stuff from broker
  17. Balton hero Committed Player

Counting on enlightened self interest. Why kill the golden goose?
    • Like x 1
  18. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I like to hang around Bohemia PD while watching Youtube. Every now and then fly/run down to the Gorilla's on the beach and have your Nth Metal.

We need to earn Nth Metal in a completely different way. The process is incredibly slow. So many Artifacts, so little Nth Metal.

I remember a update too that said "NPC'S buffed, to account for Artifacts" tut, what's the point then, if you're gonna cancel it out. Save us the hassle and remove it.. The buff is next to unnoticeable anyway. Any buff soda is better than a Artifact any day.

+ 2%? I have more percentage in a can of Lager.
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I go around Arkham Asylum getting collections and exobytes....Oh, I mean 'eco-material'. *hrmmph*

Then every five minutes I kill a group of goons.
    • Like x 1
  20. Yes We Can Active Player

Slavery is bad! Just adopt a foreigner and have them do it.
    Not American idealism but it still exists out there.