You just made Hive Reborn Elite impossible.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Last night I saw a healer get over 7 mil in heals and they were not healing. That healer was WM all the way and casting a group heal once in a while. My tank had less survivability in tank stance than in DPS stance. LOL
    • Like x 1
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It really does happen every single DLC.

A few self-proclaimed "elite" players/ leagues that imagine themselves to be essentially on the dev team farm the heck out of the raids in the first week while it's easier and beneficial bugs are in place. Then they cry all day about how it's not hard enough, git gud, etc.

It's... kind of embarrassing to watch them go through it honestly.
    • Like x 4
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I would rather one really good raid instead of one easy raid and a harder version of it. These raids are pretty blah outside of getting to see a few b list titans make an appearance. And not even that many b listers at that. Its all pretty much tank and spank and hope you get lucky not having a mystery one shot land onyou.
    • Like x 1
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Most people became aware of most of the mechanics when it was too easy. I haven't tried it bc I know my raid group of 240-244s isn't ready. My point is that Elite content is the hardest content in the dlc. It should be very hard to complete. I'll say it again if everyone with above average skill level was able to complete and farm these raids already what would they do for the next 2 and a half months? I much prefer the complaint of "this is too hard to beat day one" to the complaint of "I have nothing to do and the next dlc is 2 months away". The devs cant win with this community either way. But at least this will keep people busy. As for not everyone being the best player, you don't have to be the best, but you do have be elite. Its in the name. Proper gear would help with that cause.

A perfect example of a negligible stat increase making a huge difference: I run with a guy I cant quite out dps. I'm still catching up to him in stats. In the previous dlc he had me by 3k might. I had 25k he had 28. He would beat me by 3 million if we both survived the entire ttbe raid. More often than not because his gear was better if one of us died it was me and he'd beat me by much more. I now have 27.5 k and he has 29k. With 1500 more might I'm now right on his bumper losing by less than a million and surviving much more. I even beat him in some instances though not in raids. My damage is much better from a 10% increase in my stats. You can apply that to every role. Heals healing that much better. Trolls dumping out that much more power. Tanks surviving that much better. If everyone gets 10% stronger the raid group gets much stronger.

The stat increase from 213 to 215 is indeed negligible. But seriously how many of these groups have full 213? The guy who just replied to me said his group beat the raids day one with green gear. I feel like theres not a single properly geared raid group in this thread complaining. And thats not a stretch of the imagination bc this dlc came out like 10 days ago.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Please tell me what the purpose of elite gear is then?

According to some:

1. Start replacing your elite gear with trash drops and run normal raids to get enough marks to grab a normal vendor set. (Whichever one you choose doesn't matter, you're still throwing away your elite set).

2. Once you're a high CR, start farming renown and tons of marks to purchase the elite set, which has superior stats and increased CR in order to.... wait... what was the extra stats for again...?

Trying to replace SM with Elite doesn't work because you don't actually need the elite gear for anything at all according to the reasoning above.

If the devs want to go this route, that's fine, but then two things should happen.

1. You get your elite affinities just by having the gear in your inventory, not equipped. (I.E. if you got Elite last DLC, you have a significant bonus over those that didn't) Your elite gear also grants you certain base stats in addition to the gear you're wearing.

or

2. Renown drops from normal raids, but in less quantity. As you run normal to gear up for elite, you can begin purchasing your first elite pieces to help out. As you get increased stats, you can start to run Elite to get increased renown and marks.

or

3. Unlocking the vendor normal set grants a price reduction both upwards and downwards (both event and elite gear). Event gear doesn't have this effect but both normal and elite sets do (you can either grab normal first and get a discount on elite or elite and a bigger discount on normal.) In this case, unlocking normal would make elite 1/2 price. Unlocking elite would make normal 1/3 price.
    • Like x 7
  6. Entrust Committed Player

This thread makes me less & less interested in playing the TT elite raids.

* I need to be amongst the best (top 1-2%) of players within CR relevancy (of which I am not, I'm "above-average" not "Mensa" level)

* Need to find 7 other players who are amongst the best (top 1-2%) of players within the CR relevency.

* Of those 7 other players, 4 roles need to be filled.

* All being drawn from a statistically small population of players, who happen to logged in at the same time, who also happen to not be loot-locked or willing to drop replays.

All for content I get rewarded for on a weekly basis.

Speaking only for myself, that's not what i consider fun.
    • Like x 6
  7. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

There is a difference between someone reporting bugs and someone saying "OMG, it's IMPOSSIBLE, NERF IT DEVS, YOU'RE LOSING MONEY, THE GAME WILL DIE, cry, cry, cry", that's what the majority is doing here.

Many here have a point, for example elite being buffed live after many spent thousands of replays to get gear when it was easy, that's really not cool, smart games don't do this thing of trial and error when the instance is live, that people have my +1.

There are also some like you trying to explain why the raid may be bugged and what needs to be fixed and that's cool, +1.

Then we have probably the majority here with : "Raids should be for everyone, elite shouldn't be a thing, nerf the raid, make it beatable day 1", they have no idea of how to play a game and have made the most fun things we have ever had simply be destroyed or nerfed to the ground.

Arguments like "The game has changed, stop using the past as example, dox times are over, SM is not a thing anymore, etc" make me really angry, because that's when the game was populated and many truly enjoyed the raids, not after they made everything stupid with monthly content and senseless elite raids.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Gorilla beach ball (cough, cough). Gorilla toss phoenixes into the hallway (cough, cough). :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

The purpose of elite gear doesnt change if it becomes easier to attain. No matter how things are done your elite gear is getting replaced in the next dlc. Thats how mmos work. Its obviously not intended to need elite gear to beat elite raids bc you have to beat elite raids to get elite gear. I'm confused about your question. Elite gear has always been to have the highest stats/bragging rights/carrying lower cr leaguemates/making content easier for getting gear for the fully geared alternate roles everyone claimed to have when augments dropped. I agree with Proxy that knowing the next dlc is in november somewhat diminishes the need to get this dlcs elite gear. I feel like last dlc lasted longer but could be wrong.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If it was only for "bragging rights" then why not just make it a style set? Lol.

Elite gear used to be to help you get an edge in SM. Now SM isn't around anymore.

"Highest stats" when you don't actually use them for anything because you already had to get the normal vendor set to beat everything?

"Carrying lower CR leaguemates" when the whole team has to have normal vendor gear to complete the instance?

"Making content easier for getting gear for alternate roles"? Well, you already have both normal vendor gear and 1 elite set, so... you're going to get 2 elite sets on the same toon?

Sorry, not convincing.
    • Like x 3
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Like I said making elite gear easier to attain doesnt change its purpose or from the sound if it your disatisfaction with its use.
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I proposed ideas to make elite gear follow the intention the devs had for it when SM was a thing. I'm not asking for it to be removed from the game.

As for this vague comment, it definitely provides valuable feedback about... .... ... well, something I'm sure.
    • Like x 2
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"Like I edited..."

Fixed that for you, lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

OMG proxy nailed it with this
    i agree 1000000000000000000000000000000000%
    • Like x 4
  15. Coelha Well-Known Player

Oh my god, I've been trying to say this for so long... Elite is not and will never be a replacement for SM, at least not with this elite concept they have, atm it's just a way to s u c c some money from RB spammers.

SM had many flaws, that's true, but the idea behind it was perfect, you get the best gear and the best stats to prove to yourself (and for some people to the others :p ) that it was worth it.

Elite is basically get the best gear and the best stats to get a, uhhh, a style, a feat? That you can get 3x easier in 3-4 months. It's simply pointless and many may disagree but to me pointless = not fun. That's what dcuo has become with the system we have.

It's sad they only think about the fastest way to get money and not about what they can do to make the system rewarding and fun.

For the ones asking for a nerf, frankly, if you can't beat it, just ignore it, if you want the feats/styles you'll be able to get them really soon and the extra stats are just useless, because there is nothing harder in the game.
    • Like x 6
  16. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Its seems from this and your "like I edited" comment you are more concerned with scoring sarcasm points than actual discussion. I edited my comment directly after posting. Not many people are sitting there refreshing their screen replying the moment a comment goes up. I was hoping the edited comment would be the one you read initially. I suppose ill have to comb thru 60 comments to find your proposed solutions. I just dont see how making it easier to attain fixes how once you have it theres not much need for it or that it will be replaced with greens in the next dlc.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You quoted the comment I quoted you with, lol. Sorry, try again.

You're trying to do something, but not sure what it is. You're free to reply to my feedback, but try to make it something valuable instead of just "everything is fine the way it is," without any reasons or explanation behind it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

FUNNY THING;
    Even though it's a small sample size, by and large the most liked
    (ergo agreed) Is for the OP and other to put thier big boy pants and and gear up.

2nd place by in large was in agrrement that we should somehow be able to beat Elite in non 2nd top gear and skip the middle all together. Simply becuase it's too hard! Or it costs too much

Psh, I'd post the full GIF but would probably offend someone's soft PC'ness
    [IMG]
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe if you actually read the comment you quoted, you would understand, lol.

People here are suggesting that you should have to have normal vendor gear before you even start going after elite.

I was pointing out the fallacy of that idea currently, and mentioning possible solutions if the devs decide to go that route.
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

More sarcasm and quips. Who are you trying to score points with? My only point is that people haven't properly geared to complain yet. I've made that pretty clear and commented on how much a minor stat increase helps in overall performance. I think I'll just end this discussion with you. You're actually the one bringing nothing to this conversation. Well besides sarcasm and lols.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.