Dev Discussion Episode 32: 'H.I.V.E. Reborn' Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belthazur Dedicated Player

His Beam attack has always been Very Low Key as in FX (At least in MY Runs)
  2. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

His beam rendering has been sporadic. I don't play with voice audio on, so having text on the screen would be much appreciated if the beam doesn't render.

Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  3. Nu31 Well-Known Player

After this hotfix, he is sometimes not pointing his staff out in front of him, indicating that his beam is coming out of his staff. Most of the time the beam itself does not render, so I base it off of his stance and his staff... but he wasn't really doing his staff animation today. I have my tank POV as well if you would like that sent in to you.
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I definitely understand. I wasn't trying to come at you guys for what you did. It's another way to do it. I just don't like the design of the attack. It seems pointless to even have it if you can just block through it. Hopefully, it'll change. But if not, oh well :D
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Deathstroke’s Ikon suit explosion in elite is essentially a gear check. I ran it earlier with a group that was on the low end of cr, and even a 240 died to the Ikon explosion while blocking. At 245 with full health, I was left with about 10% health while blocking; and I had no SP or augments or boosts spent on health. I think that’s fine; gear up with some episode relevant gear first and then have a chance to get through the elite Ikon explosion if you pay attention and block.

But it’s up the devs. They’ve already made shields not matter, so it’s a small step to make progression not matter too. Let’s make elite something just for the people who know all of the little inside tricks to exploit dps.
    • Like x 4
  6. Nu31 Well-Known Player

AKA: make elite for people who know how to play their role? Thats exactly who it should be for, LOL
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Yaa This is what we need more of...NOT
    • Like x 1
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Had this happen today....no bueno!
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Right. Just dps role. With flavor of the month broken power. Which one is it now? I don't keep track.
    • Like x 3
  10. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Im not the one stuck on Deathstroke though, so Im not gathering the data. :)
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Here you go, devs. Make the content just for this guy.
    • Like x 2
  12. Nu31 Well-Known Player

They do, lol.
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The whole point, or at least, what I thought was the point of the Ikon suit was to burn it. If that's not the case, then the messaging should be changed. Or the mechanic should be changed. The messaging clearly states to inflict heavy damage to break the shield, not to block and just let the shield disappear. Isn't that essentially bypassing the mechanic? It makes no sense to have it both ways because then there's no point in even attempting it. You might as well have the whole group block and not even bother dps'ing.
    • Like x 2
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

^If that attitude doesn't creep people out, I'm not sure what to think.

Anyway, I see Hive Elite is following the usual pattern.

A small handful of people who believe the game is made for them and them only grind it out on the first week using any FOTM power or tactic possible. Then those people complete much/ most of their elite gear. Then they complain that it's not hard enough and cry for a buff. Then they talk down to everyone who didn't follow the same process.

Devs, I hope you can see what a toxic cycle and pattern that is. It's ugly for the game and it's ugly for the community.
    • Like x 3
  15. Nu31 Well-Known Player

You clearly do not know why elite content was created, it was created for the small percentage of elite players. I honestly understand why you're upset, you can not beat it and you try to find excuses for your failures and want the content catered to your "skill level". The best part about this situation is this... the game has finally created a system that caters to players like yourself. You have this awesome thing called freedom of choice, where you can go into the scaled version or the normal version and complete your content and get your gear. And when you might feel you are finally ready, you can try your hand in the elite version. The awesome thing is, if you can't beat elite, you can always go back down to the other versions!!! :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Also, it's this weird thing called live testing... which is clear you don't do. Do you actually go on the test server and type up feedback? Do you ever type up comprehensible feedback on live? Does anyone ever personally ask you for your opinions because you're a credible and skilled player? I guess this conversation is done, as I have made my point. Better luck next DLC!
  17. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Charon,

Thank you for the recent update. Most seems fine besides the couple of things that were already mentioned. The phase overlap at times that you are aware of and the last boss Heal debuff during the Vent phases seem to stack and do not go away once the vents are closed. I've seen the heal debuff go from 25-50 in elite and normal, possibly more. It also remained after the raid was over. I do not believe this is intended as the patch notes says it should go away once the vents are closed.

Also the timer on the rocks seem to load down quickly, and can be missed/slowed down when trying to reach and close the vent. Perhaps the groups positioning can help with that, though I figure I mention it since it does load down pretty quick and I've seen some players miss the closing of the vents by a couple of seconds because of that and the slow down from the acid/gas that is up.

That doesn't seem to bad though as closer positioning should get it done. The main thing would be the heal debuff stacking and and not removing once the vents are closed. Plus the phase overlapping at times as mentioned. Hopefully this can also be addressed as the heals become extremely diminished over time, which healing tanks start to suffer the most especially with constant damage from the boss and when the phases start up again additional constant damage from the environment and adds, even with both adaptive augments (+ origin augments) maxed you can feel/see the damage intake and the diminished heal intake. (Question: Do the other effects on the adaptive augments stack?, I do not see any indication in the effects tab like I do for the damage effects granted).

I know the heal debuff is intentional during the vent phase which causes diminished healing in, but I do not believe its intended to stack from the previous phase or remain once the vent phase was already closed.

If those issues can be looked into, it would really be appreciated. Other than that the raid was actually good and enjoyable. Thank you for your time and dedication. This episode was really good and has some entertaining cut scenes. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the upcoming episode (Atlantis) this November. Thank you again. :)

Sincerely: Brav
  18. JohnnyWatson New Player

It seems like elite after this update is for only 0,0001% of the players.
    elite should be for navy seals, not just for rambo and nu31
    • Like x 4
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

So my group after the hotfix, wiped after reaching the third set of adds against Terra in Elite. No biggie, it happens. Only a couple of things I noticed while tanking and DPSing...the overlap of phases by Deathstroke as already mentioned. Sometimes he also skips phases sometimes which is weird. Other than that, pretty solid...I like the mechanic of the Ikon suit. You have to really coordinate some really good burn there or else RIP.

Terra Elite was interesting. I feel like the healer debuff stages are a little too quick. It seems like by the time you burn two adds down and start bringing up the rock to the volcano, the healing debuff just kicks in ASAP. Not sure if intended. Other than that, I think the changes are good and bring some challenge to the run. Sometimes Terra will stomp smash on the side where the lava spawns on the ground on her side and that can kill the group. It's avoidable, just not sure if intended. Haven't seen how Terra is after the 3rd set of adds...so hopefully everything is working as intended,
    • Like x 2
  20. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Also in a side note, as an Earth tank...Brick is awfully squishy in Hive Reborn Elite. Particularly in 3rd boss. I've ran into other Earth tanks running into the same issue. It seems like the environmental damage and just overall damage...is wrecking pets like Brick. He tends to go down a lot and that is a liability.

Some of us have adapted to switching to Aftershock Tanking but it's not as strong as Brick tanking, numbers wise. Yes he's powered up with Fortify and Totem barely helps since it's a very very tiny HoT for him (or it lol). Terra in particular is very quick to destroy Bricks in a matter of seconds. Sometimes he doesn't heal quickly enough, either. If you could forward this to Moja and Avair, that would be great!
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.