Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Yep. Has to be clear, for sure.

Crazy question, btw: are you the same Ascended from the Superman CBR forums? Had to ask.
  2. QUESTER2K5 New Player

I don't have any particular costume/look I'd want to see added. However, I would like it if we could have some personal customization with the styles already available. For example, some styles don't allow the emblem to show, or it's crowded (Flex Suit). I wish we could move the location or resize it or something. Others have aspects I like but have things like stripes in odd places or studs that (for me) ruin the like...(Battle Mage). Then there is the default settings for what areas a certain color can go. I'd just like to see us be able to have MUCH more control over customization with the styles already being used. That way we could get rid of a stripe, buckle or whatever part of a costume we don't like but still be able to use a style that we otherwise like.
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

Dude! You're going to give away my secret identity! :D

But yeah, that's me. /flex
  4. Ascended Well-Known Player

So, I have (yet another) weird idea for styles that probably isn't possible or efficient. :)

Pets built into the style.

Right now we have a style that puts spiders on our back and shoulder (and waist, I think?) and another that does the same with Starro.

And we can have styles that "float" above our character's body, like the T3 Kryptonian Commander, among others.

So can we combine those?

Imagine what the devs could cook up with that. How about a "Shoulder Imp" style that has a tiny little Mr. Myxystptlx on one shoulder, and Bat-Mite on the other? Maybe, if you're really ambitious, have a little animation worked in so they're bobbing their heads or whispering in your ear or something (styles have had small animations in the past, right?). You could get three styles out of this for the price of one; one style with just Myx on one shoulder, one style with Mite on one shoulder, and a style with both.

How about Mister Terrific's T-Spheres? We talked about a Terrific style a page or two back, and Michael Holt is always surrounded by a small swarm of the things. So why not work those into the style itself? It'd be something visually new, iconic, and make the style really stand out. You could have a Sphere floating above and just behind the Head slot, hovering around the Shoulder and Back slots.....and I'm sure the devs could find a couple other places to work them in if they felt they needed more. Megzilla, if you guys really do make a Terrific style (please?) you gotta make this happen. :)

How about Trigon's ghostly eyes following you, as part of a Back style? I suppose maybe it could be tethered to the Waist slot too? Or if not Trigon, Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor or Metron or whoever.

Could Streaky the Super-Cat float next to your Shoulder?

Other ideas could be a Daily Planet camera-drone, a Bat-drone, a LexCorp drone....lots of potential drones really, and some of them, like the small security drones flying around in the Watchtower, are already coded into the game.

I'm not sure if these could be tethered far enough away from the character body to look good, or if it's viable from a technological perspective or if its cost efficient. But I feel like it should be possible, considering some of the stuff we already have. Meg, if you're reading this, is this possible? Is it too big a pain to do? Is this one of those things that's fun to think about but will never happen?

EDIT: Almost forgot.

There are tech limitations that prevent us from being able to apply a material to a single color slot on our gear. But we have material-like surfaces on some gear already, like the Astral Alloy and....Atlantean Warsuit, I think it's called?

So can we just get more styles that utilize that sort of thing? Could the devs take the visuals (just the graphics, not the code itself, which I assume is different somehow from the Astral Alloy code) from some of the more popular materials (like negative speed force or phoenix) and then plug that into part of a style the same way the Astral Alloy style has the star field built into it?
  5. Megzilla Developer

I hear ya. I don't know when we will make a new Batman suit but hopefully some future slimline designs will fit with what you're looking for. Two-colored/sided capes are another technical jump that currently isn't being looked at but the team's talked about it. We are glad that you are enjoying the over-the-shoulder cape.
    I have some Para-military stuff on my request list! :) Bulletproof vest + shirt and tie is always interesting haha. I'll add that one specifically.
    We tried something similar to what you were talking about re: shoulder pets, but it was turning out to be a hot mess. Having hovering items for gear slots is interesting though, I'd be curious to see if that's something we could look at.

That sounds possible, just not sure if it's worth taking away that customization from players. I'll keep an eye out for future styles to see if it would be appropriate.
    • Like x 2
  6. Poison2007 New Player

So, first point - none of my heroes are above level 25 yet, so I haven't had much luck with different styles yet. I'm also only on free membership so running through the vault every day isn't possible. Maybe in the future I'll be able to do it more though since I'd like to get membership tomorrow. Anyway, I digress - my point is that I haven't gone through every single style yet so if any of my suggestions have been carried out, it just means I haven't discovered them yet. Huge props to the game so far - I've been around for YEARS now but just never made a forum account. Left for another game but came back, yadda yadda. You know the drill.

Anyway...

I'd love to see more styles that can incorporate the Emblems more. Like having a little gap in the design or something where the Emblems go (EG primary color, but then secondary color in a circle around where the emblem goes, etc). Basically neater little things like that that could help it pop more. I say this mainly because a lot of designs don't overlap very well (at least on the women). More supersuit things for shorter styles would be awesome too, especially if they expose the hands/wrists. A lot of the longer sleeved suits cover the hands as well and I love more variety.

As for specific styles, I'd also love to have more easy to obtain styles with glowing parts like the mystic legs and chest you can get at the start. Like, not the entire item is glowing, but parts of it. ESPECIALLY for weapons like dual pistols! they'd look so cool! Also, a bigger range of trench coat chest styles. I love the default one as is, but the shirt under it isn't ideal. I'd love to be able to replace it out, for example, with that short sleeved slimline that barely covers the shoulders. Bonus points if it still lets us wear the belt without distorting the outfit. But maybe that might be technically limiting since it may require extra work or a new layer... But regardless, more trenchcoat styles pleaseeeee I love them. It's like having a cape except you've got slightly less chance of getting stuck in a plane.

More armoured sort of things, especially ones with cleaner designs (like contemporary tech) would be highly appreciated too. Not necessarily full armor, just more armored and 'sleeker' designs, y'know? Sleeker and less bulky things IN GENERAL would be pretty awesome in every single slot now that I think about it. Sometimes the less is more minimalist options are cool too. Stuff that holds up better with stealth or for bruisers who just don't need as much armor. I'm not asking for battle bikinis or anything, heavens no, but simply more options.

More skin variations would be cool too, like more tattoo versions or scarred human (not corpse, but just scars to make you look more like a battleready warrior). If this gets implemented and y'all look at this one in particular I'd love one with a cross shaped scar on their left cheek. ;) (Hey, one can dream!) - Other suggestions include more "monstrous" looking skins for the ladies and things like celestial skins (woops, cosmic skin covered that - how beautiful! I'd love to get that one one day), skins with GLOWING TATTOOS, etc.

Unsure if this is in the game either but it would be cool if you could set parts of your outfit as different materials like you can with colors. This could help make more 'parts' with glowy bits for example. Unsure how this would react with the mystic legs however due to the previously mentioned glowy bits.
    • Like x 1
  7. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Ha! Ok, cool. I'm sure you've guessed, this is JAK from CBR. :)

Love the floating orbs and backpiece ideas, btw! It reminds me: I kinda wish we could pick the outfits/etc for our sidekicks.
  8. Awsome Well-Known Player

PLEASE! Can we have some sports related equipment. I have one character who would do well with a Hockey stick, Another with a football helmet, and a third with a simple, no logo baseball cap. There are all kinds of weapons and gear related to sports that would look really good in this game.
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

Ah, too bad the shoulder pets didn't work out. Now that you say it, did I hear that you guys wanted to make the parrot base item (from the current summer event) a style item too, but had issues with the clipping or something? Ah well, couldn't hurt to ask. I'm glad you guys at least tried it.

The hovering items are something I've always been a fan of and have wanted to see more in game. So what do you think? Could you guys put some T-Spheres (or whatever) in a style and have them hover above/around the player, but not so close it's weird?

Well, I can't speak for the player base but Astral Alloy always seemed popular. You always saw players running around with it back in the day, and even now it's not a uncommon sight. Considering the style is seven years old or so, that seems pretty good. I'm willing to bet players would be fine with it. I mean, people keep asking if we can apply materials to individual color slots, even though it should be well known that it's not possible on a technical level. I bet they'd accept a "built-in" material just fine. :)

And as always, thanks for replying. It's nice to have some devs involved on the forums like this. I dunno if you drew the short straw the day ya'll were deciding who would have to put up with the players, but I'm glad you're here and listening.
  10. Ascended Well-Known Player

Ha, yeah dude I know who you are! Wouldn't have answered the question otherwise!

How you been brother?

I remember a while back there was talk of being able to customize our sidekicks. I guess it didn't work out, but I wish it had. Being able to build my sidekick's costume? I'd have way more fun with that than a grown man should.
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

12. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Simple question, instead of costume pieces, why not just make all these previous mentioned items (T-Spheres, Bat-Mite, etc.) trinkets, much like, say...Tiny Starro?
  13. Superman/5vperman Level 30

lol, I thought so, but figured I'd make sure. :)

I'm good! Really enjoying the Titans stuff (reminds me of Arkham/Strikers missions, which I always liked)

That's a shame about customizing the sidekicks. I think it'd be fun just to pair them properly with the build (say, a Superman robot look with my Superman, Manhunters with my Hank Henshaw build, etc). Yeah, I'd be having waaay too much fun with that. :)
  14. Superman/5vperman Level 30

I'll throw another idea in there.. I'd love to see a Fortress robot pet (that looks like Kelex). A base item would be neat, but a pet trinket could really be good, as well.
  15. Batrederik Dedicated Player

How can I ever thank you enough.. I am eternally grateful for everything Megzilla.
    I cannot thank you enough for this...

"I wholeheartedly appreciate about this news"
    Just wished that you Megzilla could make Christian Bale's Batman :( But i like this news***

You’re the best Megzilla ever! thank you so much ***
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

kind of want to see more stuff like biomech feet, yellow energy hand blasters as a hand style, more world of warcraft like shoulders like the strength of the ram ones, i'd LOVE to see a spirit of the stag variant version where both sides are symetrical and both sides have the deer heads/antlers instead of just one on one shoulder and one horn on the head. that'd be awesome i could finally use the spirit of the stag style without my ocd XD.
  17. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Random thought on this previous post (and technically the wrong place to post it), what if the T-spheres were an aura? No Trinket summoning required. Regrettably, they wouldn't attack, much like Mr. Terrific's spheres would.
  18. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

we need something similar to the Henry Cavill Waist Styles Both Man of steel/BVS and JL
  19. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

im using Black Manta Abyssal For The JL Belt Remove the oval on the buckle it would be fine
  20. michgal89 New Player

I would love to see the other dark knights metal Batman style like the merciless or dawnbreaker
    • Like x 1