A question for the staff

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gameaddict, Jul 24, 2018.

1. gameaddict Level 30

After the recent membership sale which had PC being excluded (EU PS as well i think?), it made me wonder if we ever will get a membership sale ever again for PC. Seeing the reason for the exclusion from what i've heard is All Access being the only way to get membership for PC players, which is a seperate service from how PS players get their membership.

Now as somebody myself who waited/was looking forward for a membership sale for a long time and then pretty much being told ''c'est la vie'', just for playing on a certain platform is quite disheartening if i'm being honest.

Now to my actual point for creating this thread, all this makes me want to ask a fairly straight forward question; will PC ever get a membership sale again?

I know there are subjects the staff/employees aren't allowed to discuss with the general community, but i hope this isn't one of those subjects, because even if the answer to the question would be ''no'', it would be at least nice knowing were i/PC stands and not potentially waiting for something that will never come.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

They state over and over again that they don't announce sales ahead of time, otherwise people stop buying whatever they normally would and then wait for the sale.
    • Like x 1
  3. gameaddict Level 30

I'm not asking when there will be a membership sale, i'm asking if PC still gets included (or not) in any potential future membership sales, which i'm asking because of the reason for the recent exclusion.
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Twist it how you want, you're asking for a sale and you won't get an answer.
  5. gameaddict Level 30

I'm not twisting anything and i know the chance of getting an answer on this subject is low, but even if i get a ''we can't discuss that with the community'' then i already have a good idea were PC stands.
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They've said that plenty of times. Why do you demand a personalized answer?
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

They have to get approval from The Powers That Be on any sort of requests for something like that. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes its no. They won't know until they try on any particular sale. Even if they knew for a fact they wouldn't be able to have one again, it wouldn't be in their best interest to answer that way, #transparency movement or no. It would cause an uproar on the forums (because everything does) for no particular benefit to them. At best you'll get "We'll try and we'll announce as soon as we can on any given sale."
  8. gameaddict Level 30

I'm not demanding anything, i asked a question quite normally (English isn't my native language, so if i worded something wrong/forcefully, please point it out to me) and i'll either get an answer or not from a staff member, that's it.

As for your first sentence, what part of my post have they said plenty of times and when? If you mean the ''we can't discuss that with the community'' part, i myself didn't find anything with search and in the recent membership appreciation week they gave an explanation for why PC was excluded in that sale, but no word on anything relating to the state of PC.

If you do have that sort of information, it would be appreciated if you could point me to it.

Yeah, i get that, i'm honestly not expecting much as well, but i can ask and maybe get some information or not do anything at all, with the latter choice i always lose. :) I'm just curious after finding out the reason for the recent PC exclusion.
  9. Gimpy Loyal Player

What I don't get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

is after years of PC players having the best deal on Memberships, well above what those on PS have been given over the years,

that someone is upset consoles were finally tossed a bone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

A bone that has been tossed to them for same amount of years? They basically reversed the whole dang promotion model the moment they added MC to the PSN store. They said so they can make sales for both equal, but it really meant so they could just do sales on the PS and not the PC.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Alienating one group to include another just creates another alienated group.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Tbh it shouldn't matter, it's the fact they missed out on possible money from the pc players.

But they basic are also "punishing" pc players who play only dcuo, since "All Access" is access to all games and that's their reason for not giving a pc membership sale, it's a big f u to pc players that play dcuo only, that's what makes me annoyed, makes me feel less obligated to wanting to continue my membership :oops:

They need to let us have an option to buy a dcuo only membership, or decline All Access
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

First time in over a year I agreed with something you said.

I'm all for equality, but a difference in value is a difference in value, no matter how you spin it. Doesn't matter if you see usefulness in that perk or not, it's still something that one platform is getting that another one isn't.
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

Daybreak could not care less about complaints surrounding offering something to one part of the community and not to another. It’s obviously not a principle they adhere to. Competition after competition just for US players is another example. The way feedback is routinely ignored. The casual attitude to bug fixes. Taking forever to do anything about goldseller spam. Whichever way you look at it, we all choose to continue to support a company for whom customer service just isn’t a priority.
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Well to be honest, you should be asking Daybreak themselves, and not DCUO, so posting a question to the game specific open forum isn’t the best place to put this.

Find a contact on Daybreak’s website and post the question there.