WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Yeah, I don't know about this. They plan on having Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Huntress, Cassandra Cain, and Renee Montoya team up in a Birds of Prey team movie. However, did someone fail to realize that Harley was never part of the team but is now getting shoehorned in instead of a certain somebody that helped create the team whom seems to be missing...I don't know, if I had to guess...where's Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl ! :mad:
    [IMG]
  2. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Send all the water types! Oceanmaster is about to get hydropumped!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    There are rumors floating about with regards to THE BATMAN and the possible SUICIDE SQUAD 2. So take this with a grain of salt. Here's a video of popular youtuber who discusses it
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I heard that they might include her in as Oracle, instead of batgirl. Maybe she might get a solo film first?
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

We Saw the First, Very Playful, Footage of Wonder Woman 1984 at Comic-Con

[IMG]

As part of their massive Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con Saturday, Warner Bros. revealed a first look at the still in production Wonder Woman 1984. It’s unfortunately not going online but we were there and can tell you all about it.

Star Gal Gadot told the audience in Hall H that “[Wonder Woman 1984 is] not a sequel, it’s a different chapter, it’s a whole new movie,” while director Patty Jenkins added, “I want to make great movies. I realized I have these characters that I love, this world that I love, and we can make this whole new movie about something pure and strong and unique as the first one, of course I want to do that.” Jenkins also commented on the why they chose to set the film in the ‘80s saying it was because “was mankind at their best and worst.”

As to that footage? It was brief, but fun. Wonder Woman jumps into a very ‘80s, bright white mall. A little girl is stunned to see her and comes up behind her. “Wow,” she exclaims. Diana says “hold tight” and gently pushes her across the floor into a giant teddy bear as the girl laughs.

When she turns around there are two bad guys with guns pointed at her. Wonder Woman gives them like a “really guys?” look, runs up to them, grabs their arms, takes the guns from them, and crushes the onsweap. She then breaks out the lasso, wraps them both up in it, and runs through the mall dragging them behind. She then jumps through the mall hanging them over a railing. The title card “WW84" popped up after that followed by a shot of her running very, very, fast through a busy city street.

As for chatter from the cast, star Chris Pine wouldn’t give us a clue as to how he’s back for the sequel sadly, but they’re just three and a half weeks into shooting and still have 20 weeks left to go on this entry into the DCEU so we’ve got some time.

The film, written and directed by Jenkins, stars Gadot as Diana Prince and Pine as Steve Trevor. This time they’re joined by Kristen Wiig, who plays the villain Cheetah. It’s scheduled for release November 1, 2019.

Source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-saw-the-first-very-playful-footage-of-wonder-woman-1827668447
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

:eek:

My goodness, I think they're finally getting it.
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What's so bad with WW84 being a sequel? o_O
    The only time they wouldn't make a second movie a sequel is if they didn't want anything to do with the first one (ie the first Hulk movie)
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

DC FINALLY NAMES ITS MOVIE BRAND - COMIC-CON 2018

The DC Extended Universe has officially named itself Worlds of DC, according to Heroic Hollywood. Warner Bros. made the announcement at their San Diego Comic-Con panel in Hall H on Saturday.

The panel began with an introduction to the upcoming DC films by welcoming fans to the Worlds of DC - making it the first time that Warner Bros. has given the DC universe an official name.

The DC Extended Universe, also known as DCEU, has been in use for years, but was a term coined by a journalist and was never what DC actually called their film universe. This new term allows them to make movies under one brand, but have them take place in different universes so they don't have to all be necessarily connected.

Upcoming DC films include Aquaman, premiering on Dec. 21, 2018, in the US and UK, and Dec. 26 in AU; Shazam! set for April 5, 2019; and Wonder Woman 1984 opening Nov. 1, 2019.

DC's numerous TV shows can be found on The CW in the shared Arrowverse, and a brand new universe is set to debut on their upcoming streaming service DC Universe with Titans.

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/07/21/dc-finally-names-its-movie-brand-comic-con-2018
  11. velvetsanity Loyal Player

FINALLY something that’s not “I am Grimdark”. It’s about freaking time! (Though grimdark in Wonder Woman worked because of being during WW1)
    • Like x 2
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Not trying to stir things up, but DC did not officially brand their DC film universe as WORLDS OF DC. There are several sites stating this which is misinforming. The hall where DC held their presentations showed a sizzle reel with the end saying
    [IMG]
    I think it was just for the presentation because not one rep from WB or DC stated or went on record announcing the "rebranding"
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And people wonder why others have doubts about WB/DC's ability to make good movies?
    They can't even come up with an official name for it: first they let some reporter come up with the name "DCEU", and now it looks like they are doing the same damn thing with "World's of DC"

If they can't commit to an official name for their movies, how can anyone expect them to produce quality movies? Oh right, they can't
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I am loving the feel of the movie. I mean come on, that is exactly how a normal person would act if they had super powers. And not for nothing but if done right, Billy Batson could be the Peter Parker of the DCEU. I also like that they're using practical effects than a CGI fest.
    • Like x 3
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I am hype for the movie. I love the character and the casting of Jason Momoa and how he portrayed him in JUSTICE LEAGUE was somewhat different in the comics but that is to be expected. Nonetheless, I'm really hoping it does well enough in order to push the DCEU forward alongside the other DC films.
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    So at SDCC, Geoff Johns spoke to IGN on his work on the GREEN LANTERN CORPS film. He stated:
    Now this gives me hope but don't "re-imagine" Green Lantern too much Geoff, just do what made him awesome. It's already laid out for you.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Does there really need to be an official branding? Just because Marvel did it doesn't mean DC has to follow suit. Them trying to be like Marvel is precisely why they failed. They can make good movies. They just chose the wrong person the spear head everything. Trying to be like marvel in half the time is why they were unsuccessful. Official Branding isn't going to change that. It can just be a series of movies. They are going with the comic and cartoon mentality of things jsut happen and characters happen to exist maybe they corss over maybe they don't. WW , Aquaman, AN Shazam can do their own thing and not have to some how tie into a larger threat. If a larger threat comes they can just have a movie about that. We didn't watch BTAS and STAS etc hoping for a connection. Marvel has brainwashed consumers and the industry into thinking everything must be connected and has to have a label. That is sheep mentality.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, it's more the fact they keep saying "No, that's not our name for it" which implies that they do have a name, they just won't tell anyone

Who said the movies have to be tied into a larger threat, it's simply about them being set in the same world, events that happen in one movie gets referenced in another, even f it's just a background news report or an overheard conversation, that is how the Marvel movies tie-together: individual movies doing their own thing, butt not in isolation, until something Big and Stinky pops up that draws them together. What, you believe all Big and Stinkies just pop out of nowhere? Like Darkseid and Steppenwolf? Even someone like Thanos needed time to plan, and that planning was going be noticed
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

After watching the trailers for "SHAZAM!" and "New Mutants", made me think maybe Marvel and WB swapped scripts to see how they could do a movie the other studios' style
    People have already likened "SHAZAM!" to Deadpool, and "New Mutants" is a horror movie
  20. Anothername Well-Known Player

Maybe Harley is the Antagonist in this one and ends up back in Wallers fingers at the end ready for SQ2. And Barbara Gordon could already be Oracle and create the Birds of Prey while also passing the Mantle to Cassandra Cain; making BoP also the prequel to the first Batgirl movie. She was Batgirl for about a decade after all & in my opinion a far stronger Batgirl than the current Rebirth "lets make a Selfi" Babs Gordon one.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1