Is PVP Dead?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Soke_Remy_Gambit, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

So I've come back from a break and starting over was on PC and when it quit my wife bought me a ps4 so finally got around to trying the game again. Before I was a little before revamp and pvp was still viable. Now it seems I put in ques and never get a match. Is it dead, a downward trend. I hope not. I loved pvp.
  2. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

The revamp severely crippled PvP. Although pre-revamp PvP wasn't perfect it was leagues better than what is on live right now. If that weren't enough, the developers haven't given a statment as to whether or not they plan to fix it, which killed hope for many. As a result, this has caused an exodus of many players from the PvP community.

Despite the amount of people that left, I would not say PvP is dead. We all thought Chinatown Rally in PvP Phase was dead because it was a ghost town for a little while, but now people actually can be found there again and you'll even get the occasional hero-villain war. I PvP regularly and queues pop for me, but I will say that I typically do 1s, 2s, and sometimes 4s. 8v8s are extremely difficult to get to pop, but it was like that on a lesser scale before the revamp too. You may have been trying to run at a time where not many people were on. Just keep trying.
    • Like x 1
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea, sorry man. Legends is still decent, I literally only do legends, but Arenas is done for.
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

dead as jacob marley.........
  5. Saami Loyal Player

In EUPS i cant do even legends anymore. Queues just dont pop. Havent tried arenas for long time.
  6. Ringz Dedicated Player

Not dead, but surely a heavy downward trend. If we're talking dcuo pvp life stage now, we went from breathing and healthy-Pvp pre WM-, we are now at the stage where the ground been decomposing the corpse.

Its not about if its alive, but its about do you have ethics? Do you like to fight Atomic tanks who can't be interuppted while they do their combos? Do you like to fight someone whos using rifle 5 melee combo tap that can't be blocked? Do you like to fight a gadget troll x dpser using mines and stealth that force you not be locked on him anymore, he has 100% immunity to damage, and he can possiblly chunk away your health? Because those are the type of people that are still around to pvp.

So the question to you is not if its dead, but do you still have ethics. If not, then you will surely find yourself along as a statistic with the others.
    • Like x 2
  7. appocolyps Committed Player

I am always is 1v1 and 2v2, depending on time of day i usually get a pop every 2 or 3 mins, EU server.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saami Loyal Player

For 1vs1 i like to do street fighter v. I prefer 4vs4 or bigger deathmatches, maybe that is the problem.
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

Yeh 4v4 never pop lol
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I get 4v4 to pop all the time. Double check you ignore lists.
  11. appocolyps Committed Player

Ignore list doesnt affect pvp Qs only pve instances.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Now unless that was changed ignore should still function the same as it always has.
    Ignore works in PVP as well. I tested this a long time ago and it was confirmed by support way back when. What Support told me was that it does not keep people from Q'ing up against each other in PVP........Just Q'ing together. I use ignore in PVP when I get Q'd up with hacks mostly. That way I do not get caught in the middle of them cheating and it works really well.

Soooooo, if you are having issues with random PVP Q's then you're probably on ignore lists keeping you from grouping with players. You can override the ignore function with an invite or removal from lists.

The main reasons why people get added to ignore in PVP is because they are not that good or people think you're a hack. If you suck I could care less. We all get a buttwhoopin. It's the hacks that irritate me.
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

If i Q 4s i Q with my squad so it isnt that!
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Dead...no

In a vegetative state self induced coma due to lack of basic game understanding by the devs...yes
    • Like x 4
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

old pvp was dead as a door nail. there is no doubt pvp was dead. this must be distinctly understood, or nothing wonderful can come of the story i am going to relate.
  16. mehealyoulong time Level 30

can the developers fix batman and robins ranged attack in legends it's doing double normal damage and is currently breaking the balance in legends.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

All I have to say about the range Batman & Robin attacks is that I saw this coming from a mile away when people were complaining about Catwoman and had her nerfed.

BM & Robin have always had these ranged attacks. The people that were using Catwoman are now using BM & Robin. FOTM players they are. LOL
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

*imitates bruce wayne's gravel on sandpaper voice* "because he's batman." .