Test Discussion Episode 32: The Judas Contract: Narrative and Cinematics

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JohnnyDC, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDC Developer

Oh, you guys are definitely Justice League members. Full-fledged. But in general, the team usually only carries an "active" membership of 12 members max. You guys are basically "on call" or as they like to call it in the comics "Reservist" members. You have access to the Watchtower, the JL comm frequency and all of the bells and whistles that the original seven Justice League members have. The point is that many "Reserve" members are also members of other teams. Hal Jordan for example (talk about being in great company) is currently a "Reserve" member of the Justice League in the comics and a full-time member of the Green Lantern Corps. So you can absolutely be a Justice League member and a Titan mentor or even full time team member. =)

Hope that clarifies it. And for the record, if Superman says you're a member, I'm not going to argue with him. ;)
    • Like x 2
  2. JohnnyDC Developer

You win the fan fic award for the Titans DLC. Congratulations! You can pick up your amazing prize.... IF you can stuff 68 grapes in your mouth and sing the Teen Titans theme song, in JAPANESE! Congrats!

*** DISCLAIMER****
    Please do not attempt to shove grapes into your mouth and sing. This is a choking hazard. Also, sadly there is no prize, but NICE WORK on the fan-fic! =) As Starfire would say... You have given me the Giggles.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

All of DC continuity is varying level of hand-wavey, so you're continuing in the fine tradition of the source material. LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. JohnnyDC Developer

This was reported earlier Pen and I am pretty sure the fix was implemented. It was a missing file in the random queue that was causing mismatched subtitles. I will check with the Sound Director and the designer responsible for it.

Thanks for bringing this up. Did you see this on the most current test build?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That is on the most current build.

I saw that while taking a villain through the Titans introduction mission this morning.
    • Like x 1
  6. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

The issue in that case would be the fact that it'd directly contradict the narrative of the new content - as the whole idea is based upon the fact that Cyborg "has to leave" Titans for the League.

I grew up watching the TV series and loving it, so no hate for Titans, rest assured(Most of them anyway). My question was mostly based on the assumption that we are a full on Justice League member (You'd think that's a given after saving Bats' and Sup's rear so many times, but your narrative from a "reserved" member's pov definitely makes more sense for this content).

Also, and this is not a universal opinion, just mine, but I personally enjoy contents that give us something totally different than what's trending in other popular DC platforms. DCUO used be quite good at this area, but for the last 1-2 years or so, I've been seeing you guys focusing more towards the other direction, and personally I don't like that, because 1. It feels more of the same 2. It takes away from the immersion - every-time I see the new Supergirl model in game for example, it reminds me of the TV show...I don't want to be reminded of the TV show.

Lastly, I always appreciate when you guys want suggestions from us on upcoming content designs, and as much as I'd love to I think you guys are way more creative on that department than I can be, so I'll leave that to you all. I am curious about one thing regarding that though, what kind of dev time frame are we looking at if someone's idea was to be considered? I am assuming by this point you guys already have something going on for the next 3-6 months period? So if you really liked some idea, you'd start working on it after that cycle?
    Cheers!
  7. JohnnyDC Developer

Hey Cy,

Thanks for the response.
    So to clarify, Cyborg isn't leaving because he "has" to. He's leaving because the commitment of being an "active" member of the JL would be prohibiting on the time he can commit to the Titans. Also, he's not "leaving" the Titans per se. He's going on reserved status, just like Red Robin. If something major happens, you can be sure both of them will be back to help.
    Currently, there are a ton of "reserve" Titans members in DCUO, Superboy, Wonder Girl, Static, Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, Impulse/Kid Flash, Red Robin, and Cyborg to name a few.
    The core team, however, currently is Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, Robin (Damian Wayne), Donna Troy, and Jericho. Mind you, time and continuity get tricky so depending on where you are in the content, things can get muddled.
    As far as content mirroring the DC brand currently, we do out best to create new stories that are based on classic and current trends in the DC comic universe. Most times, we try to incorporate something familiar from the comics. Earth 3 had elements of Forever Evil and the Earth 3 mini-series. JvR was a very loose interpretation of the JvR storyline from Batman. Deluge was a refresh that incorporated elements of the current Aquaman Rebirth comics, DoS was more of an homage to the many times Superman has died in comics and. We have had other plans that were less derivative of current DC content unfortunately, there is only so much time we have to dedicate to new content in a year.
    As far as ideas go, I was mostly asking what characters/storylines from DC that you would like to see in game. We don't generally take a single person's ideas and run with them. But if enough people ask for something specific, we always try to take that into account.
    Thanks again for the post!
    • Like x 1
  8. JohnnyDC Developer

Amen to that...
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

A subtle hint.
    • Like x 2
  10. JohnnyDC Developer

Wow, that's a lot of new character models!
    I love the Legion in all of their incarnations, but I think our character artists would murder me. Still, I'll keep it in mind.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I totally second this. And third it. The Legion was one of the fondest memories growing up (and we all know Jackster loves classic stories as well). I'll have to look back to pick my favorite story arc (I know it will have Braniac 5 involved heavily, lol).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.