Legend PVE fix

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DamianWayneJasonTodd, Jul 17, 2018.

1. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

The fun of playing legends pve is that we’re supposed to feel like the gods of dcuo. The Iconic legends. So why do I always run out of power and have to use my weapon. If I’m superman I should be able to throw as many heat vision blasts as I want. Same goes for anyone. There should just up the power regeneration. I would play all the time, the iconic powers only available in pve are awesome. Running out of power is lame.

Also time to add some female villains. Especially flash and green lantern
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Actually what you're describing is a common misconception. Superman is a Solar Battery, but using Heat Vision drains his powers immensely. Otherwise you'd see him constantly using it without having to throw 1 punch. Batman runs out of gadgets stored in his belt a lot too, Flash gets tired, GLs constructs take a huge amount of concentration. The heroes you're describing would have killed the Comic industry years ago, because they'd have no limits. Limitations makes for better stories, and in DCUOs case, better challenges. If you really consider it, LPVE would get boring really really fast if you could just spam powers.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't you read the comics or watch the movies? Sometimes Superman runs out of juice and Batman gets locked out of the fight.
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Of all the problems with lpve THIS is your gripe?
    • Like x 1
  5. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

only issue with legends is that they are soo weak, they need a buff.
    • Like x 1
  6. dresserball Dedicated Player

It is a way to fix it. What is your suggestion?
  7. The Canadian Level 30

Revamp in my opinion severely slowed down legends PVE, for something that takes so much effort to complete all the feats for and involves so much replay, it would be nice to have it be a little more fun. I personally feel like all the legends PVE instances should be easier with legends characters. If I am Superman let me feel super !
    • Like x 1
  8. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

I didn’t mean just spam.

I was being expressive. My original thought was to increase power regeneration. And increase damage done.

I don’t want to spam. What I want is to feel like a Legendary character who hits hard and fast. That way the alert goes faster and more fun
  9. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

Also it’s very hard to compete feats if there aren’t enough possibilities. Where are the female villains l
  10. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Okay then, then what you're now describing was the single biggest problem with our toons during the AM days. Being too powerful and just wiping the floor with any enemy. Dont get me wrong, I get what you're trying to say, but it wouldnt make sense thematically or gameplay-wise. Vice would still be a challenge to Rayner if he broke out of his Sciencell. Doomsday still hits like a nuke and can still go toe to toe with Superman. Catwoman would still have a hard time defeating Major Force.

If you were asking for something that can Transform you into an Iconic temporarily in Open World maybe I could agree, as thats where the least challenging adds lie. But LPVE still has to have risks or its useless and wasted as it would be finished too fast.
    • Like x 1
  11. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

What I’m saying is LPVE was released when there was a lull in new content. It’s very hard to pull away from new content to go back. It’s a side game at best. No roles. Just fun you can let you 7year old play and not have to worry he’s deleted gear.

Let’s make it fun. Do you have a suggestion on how to make it more fun to hunt these feats.

I actually would be fine if the LPVE not PVP but LPVE we’re not all equal. Superman should by way harder than batman but batman should have anothe bonus but also a weakness

Does anyone have suggestion to improve LPVE
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

The one that was mentioned way-back-when wouldve worked but its kind of a mute point now considering there wont be any more LPVE introduced. The idea was to take LPVE back to either solos or duos and have them based on DCs most iconic moments. It involved making them longer but more challenging, 2 examples were;

Death of Superman
    Start off in a countryside setting as Gardner (Normal, not Rage) and get destroyed by Doomsday. Then you take over as Booster (introduced along with it), also gets destroyed. Eventually you fight as Superman and go through "Stage Transitions". Basically theres 4 or 5 different settings, with different objectives, getting closer and closer to Metro with each transition. In one setting the objective is to save citizens more than fight Doomsday. Finale ends in Metro with the obvious conclusion.

Knightfall
    Play as Batman (or with Robin/Nightwing if its a duo). 4 villains have broken out of Arkham and you need to track them down. Transitions between multiple areas and hideouts in Gotham with thugs leading to each boss. Lets say its Joker, Twoface, Ivy and Croc. 5th and final part is the fight with Bane in the batcave, start out with half health as Bats is drained. Again, obvious conclusion.

Each current Legend has a well of iconic stories to pull from, and almost all of them allow for the devs to introduce a new Legend if needed. Unfortunately its a pipedream as mentioned above, but its like anything. You dont fix something with more/less buttonbashing, you fix it with story and narrative.
  13. Frankzilla Committed Player

The way they can fix legends pve is by getting rid of it. It's boring and useless a complete horrible way of inflating feat points when you could have just added those feat points directly to legends pvp. Legends pve is just in the way more of chore thN something entertaining as soon as you enter the instance dopamine levels drop home screen close application lol.
  14. dresserball Dedicated Player

The best option I have heard in my opinion is to give every one in the group credit for running a character for all 4 players characters. So 4 Batmans then you get credit for 4 Batman. They can keep track I think because it uses the team ups. Makes the most sense to me.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ully Committed Player

LPVE has been in a terrible state for quite some time now and I don't think there's a clear cut solution to addressing all of the problems. For starters, there are multiple balance issues with the legend characters. For example, Steel's mines are bugged, Batman's Block Break is hitting too hard and there's a host of other issues that are character specific. Moreover, as a whole, Legend characters are hitting like pillows and serious buffs across the board are needed.

Secondly, different bosses and sub-bosses from the Legend Maps, have different health pools, or at least, that's how it seems to me. Its weird when you fight a boss in Map A and then fight another boss from Map B, and you notice that one of them has significantly higher health. Speaking on the Maps, I think the Map specific objectives should be looked at again and an overall decrease of NPC's should be implemented, because at the moment, its just too tedious, especially when you factor in weak Legend characters.

At the moment, the LPVE grind is on the extreme end of the spectrum and while I believe adjustments must be made, I also believe that removing LPVE or granting LPVE feats to everyone is just another extreme on the opposite side of the spectrum. I don't think the Devs should cave in to players that are requesting nerfs from LPVE feats. I've been grinding these feats since day 1 of LPVE and I'd hate it if my hard work and grind was trivialised because some players were to lazy or not driven enough to complete these feats. However, I'm not opposes to some concessions in regards to limiting the more extreme feats. Do I like it ? No, but I think the solution to LPVE should be a balanced approach, without trivialising the grind from LPVE farmers.

Devs, please make the necessary fixes concerning LPVE. There are still players that farm the feats. Its rough out there but don't submit to players that don't want to work hard.
  16. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

I am not for handing out the feats. I just think making it easier/fun however that homappes will help everyone. Those seeking to Start and those who are grinding. Much better than giving. Away feat that others completed. Not a fan of that
  17. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Cut everythings health in half during these instances. You would use less power which means you can spam away, and things would die faster, meaning runs won’t take all day and this terrible mode would be tolerable.
  18. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Lazy, lol....... calling people lazy for not doing something in a videogame is hilarious. You do realize you can do all these feats in your pjs while laying in bed without a job, right?
  19. IsmeldaHuine New Player

I guess I'm one of the rare who likes the LPvE and would actually want to be able to play one of them in the regular world, leveling them as we level the other characters and being able to use the items i got for that LPvE character for all my LPvE switches when playing the instances.

I mean we use character slot as a Legend Character, then in game we can switch for whichever Legends we have unlocked (and that should be global unlock for the account) so we can play as whomever we want the regular content and level the character with new equipment (just a we do normally) which stay the same for every Legend we switch to.

No role or anything, no changes in the loadout just one character slot that would allow any legend to played in the regular world.
    • Like x 1
  20. IsmeldaHuine New Player

Sorry for double post (seems i can't edit my post).

A skill point system also obviously with like it is now Hybrid only allowed and a more specific role inclination of each Legend allowing to play this legend for Healing, this one for Tanking, or this on for Control for instance even if less pronounced than for regular characters.