I don't feel powerful anymore.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by °sFlashs°, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

A rather large portion of the players that were asking for SKILL POINTS to matter were not asking for the STATS REVAMP that hit live.

What made it as released on LIVE ended up driving a lot of "Vets" away because they had the same issue as the OP, spent all the time grinding to feel like you actually were a strong Superhero/Villain , and the STATS REVAMP (along with the crying about high CR in low tiers) and poof, you were as weak as if you had just started.

The game wasn't broken until someone decided it needed to be fixed until it was broken, yes it had issues, but those issues could have been fixed instead of turning and twisting the requests into what the player base received.

Now, seems like most who used to say "form your own group using LFG" are now using the queue and the lengthy wait for groups to be put together for certain content.
    "Incentives" for those High CR they didn't want in lower content to once again be in low tier content they were "kicked out of" doesn't seem to be garnering the results wished for.

Feeling like you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag when you're a 200+cr in a T2-4 instance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Enjoy those queue times or enjoy the time it takes to "form your own group".
    • Like x 1
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I have no problem soloing FoS before the revamp and I have no problem soloing FoS now... I also have no problem soloing Battle for Earth raid and Gate of Tatarus raid..

so what the hell are you talking about? If you are 200+ CR and still fail to solo FoS, the problem is with you being suck at this game and not the game's fault..

a lot of Vet quit because of revamp? yeah, we just lose bunch of n00b that doesnt know how to play this game properly, big lose.. if any, that is a good thing.. the old system is broken to the point if your CR is high enough, your pet can solo the raid boss for you... and you think that is a good think?
  3. C3alix Committed Player

...and not every vet that quit was a good player.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dazz-252 Committed Player

You're lead to a false sense then if you feel under-powered returning to low level content. Because that's simply not the case.

The game is a lot closer to what it was originally intended to be.

I recently leveled 2 brand new characters to end-game. No problems there.

If you would like to 1 shot everything in sight, I suggest 007 Golden Eye on the N64. You can use the Golden Gun to your hearts content.

I love the revamp, it separated the actual vets to the spammers and the salt is still real.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Because the devs did a few things to address a few problems.
    1. Advanced Mechanics were removed. No more big boom at the end of an attach sequence.
    2. They flattened ALL numbers to a very small scale.
    3. They changed a lot of special attacks in content to not be able to just power through them or ignore them. So damage is way higher than it used to be.
    That is to say, you can't still solo content, it just requires you to either have more gear or a lot more skill at your ready. Which is closer to how it was before T5 came out. Players used to solo and duo raids as a challenge and it was an accomplishment. Now, it's because the queues don't pop.
    Anyways, don't worry, just get some starro gear and try again.
    • Like x 2
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DID YOU SAY SUPER CRY BABY???

:D
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m the biggest noob in noobsville and I still don’t get this. I was soloing Dr. Light (WOTL2) just after the revamp hit. 201cr. weapons based, no artifacts (i.e no venom) :D I don’t think I even used a shield back then. So I wonder what’s going on here because I’m a pretty dreadful player.
    • Like x 1
  8. °sFlashs° New Player

Thanks for the all answers, this makes sense. And im not crying dude, i just want to know what happens because i dont play this game since 2017.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know, when the guy said cry up above it made me thing of the wah wah pedal. xD
    I liked the jams so I posted them :)

• Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  11. °sFlashs° New Player

Noice taste in music lol.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

if you like Planet of the Apes. :D

• Like x 2
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, if you liked DCUO before GU 47. The Revamp brought it closer to that than AM's.

AM's & CR differential YUK :(
  16. °sFlashs° New Player

Solovar, grodd and friends making some real good heavy **** for gorilla island festival.
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

FOS 2 isn’t even solo-able..... if you can’t carry FOS 2, then you need to work on your game because I have carried FOS 2 with my mental DPS post revamp many times. Just because you can’t one shot them anymore doesn’t mean anything. FOS 2 is still easy as long as you have a semi-decent group who can kill a boss without you in the split up part of the raid. But that also depends on your SP, and loadout. In my opinion, the runs where the entire group struggles to finish are the best, and most satisfying runs anyway. I want to feel accomplished when beating a raid, not feeling like it’s another boring day at the office.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Don’t forget the fact that powers weren’t actually balanced, and the fact that weapons literally don’t matter in pvp anymore. Yes some Vets quit because maybe they didn’t play the game right, but they also quit because the revamp, Time capsules, and repetitive content made the game stale.
    • Like x 2
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Here is an old one that has some good wah wah. I saw these guys in the 80's :)

• Like x 1
  20. °sFlashs° New Player

Sounds good i like it, you hear about this one? is one of my favorite Rock alt/shoegaze bands.