feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balton hero, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea... A bunch of 20k collections and emblems is totally worth it lol
  2. muellersascha Well-Known Player

and all the typical *^%$(@(s with their replys....
  3. useless Well-Known Player

hmm...wait,wait..R&D feats will be given...i should read more on this forums lol.
    They will give thouse feats free that you get in advance to cr170 from R&D ?
    Nice job Luki you are a uselesprick after all,using replay badges to get it on your main and not wait for free givaway lol
    Well no much harm done,they are just replay badges :)

uselessprick
    Luki
  4. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

You’re right about one thing. The feat is an accomplishment. Now tell me, since it’s such a big deal would you be more satisfied with the devs taking every feat point/skill point associated with those feats away, and just let you have the feat without the extra skill points associated with it? If not then be happy... this in no way affects YOU negatively. You might’ve put hours into the feat, but what about the people who just came on the game? You want them to be set back even more just because of a few feat points? If this concerns you so much, how about you just put in your signature “I got the gathering feats before they were handed out” Your reward to grinding out the feat was the feat itself. You don’t deserve nothing more, and nothing less. You got what you came for. No need to whine like a baby over a feat man. Life ain’t fair, but this move by DC to give these players the obselete feats was surely 100% fair.
    • Like x 4
  5. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

if that is true, than they shouldnt have problem about dev giving away feats.. after all, they are motivated to get more skill point which is why they do it, so they wont think "why do we even bother" because they already know why they bother to do it.. just like I dont care if Dev give away 170 CR advancement, I still get to 230 CR.

if they are dis-motivated by Dev giving away feats than, they arent motivated by progression to even begin with.. as i put it, you dont need a reason to do something in a game other than because it's a game..
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

You make your posts in a matter of fact way, but these are your opinions.

I don’t know what your experience of the game is, but a lot of players are competitive and want to have the strongest characters. Some chase being the first to do things in game, and want to complete feats as quickly as they can. Then there are others, who grind and grind and put hours and hours in. I think you completely misunderstand the psychology of gamers, and the competitiveness that comes with being a gamer, but that is my personal view.

Up until about two years ago we had a game where feats were earned. It is gradually being eroded because of the number that are either sold in time capsules or given away by the devs.

You clearly take a different view of the idea of something you workcd hard for being given away, but I can see that the posts to each other on this subject are going round in circles, so I’ll leave it there. Enjoy the game.
  7. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Ah, I thought it was obvious I was just making a joke post.
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I guess you're saying that feats were not hidden behind loot boxes. I do remember buying renown feats which is now a lot harder or not even possible anymore and there were gear feats that you could simply buy from vendors for almost no marks which is almost impossible now as well as they either removed the vendors that sold them or the gear pieces now cost 70 marks each so it takes forever to complete a set. So we did get the opportunity of obtaining 'easy' feats back in the day, just a reminder that not everything was 'earned'.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You forgot to use the sarcasm font.
    • Like x 2
  10. Balton hero Committed Player

Oh, really, now? So I don't deserve to have the feats I grinded for is your whole argument, I should just be happy that, for a limited time, I got those skill points. Please.
  11. Balton hero Committed Player

Sure, except you're kinda missing the part where I ALREADY grinded for them. Giving them to others freely renders that grind pointless, a huge waste of time.
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

Um, no, it's not. That's one alternative. The other is to, you know, give people the feats that they grinded for.
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No, I didn't miss that at all.

And no, it wasn't a waste of time. You got the feats when you finished the grind (however long ago that was), and have enjoyed the benefits of the resulting skill points since then.
    • Like x 2
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

But you got the feats you were grinding for.

Look, I know where you're coming from. I too have grinded out feats, then seen them given away to people who bought character advances, or when they made some change that made those feats obsolete/unattainable. These changes just don't bother me - as I said, too concerned about my OWN SP to worry about how others are getting theirs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Balton hero Committed Player

But not the sp. This really isn't that hard to understand. If someone slogs through tedium to get something, and then that something is given to everyone, then all that time spent in the grind was wasted, because you could have just relaxed, or gone after different feats and still been in the same place, if not stronger. All my work getting those feats has been devalued. Can you really not see how this isn't right?
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

No, I don't see it at all. You do what is required for the game - if the requirement changes later, then... no worries. In fact, if a feat changes, so that is given away free, they're doing me a favour - I'll never have to do it again on my alts, and I won't have to spend replays to get it for them either.
    • Like x 1
  17. dresserball Dedicated Player

With that logic you must think that coming back to an old instance with better gear and getting feats must be wrong.

Basically people that grinded or fought hard to get feats when they first came out should be outraged that others can get it easily or without trying now. Are you mad about those too?

The answer the Devs have said repeatedly is you benefited front them during the time it was exclusive to you.

What you do with your time to grind or not to grind is your deal. Either be mad about it or keep going to benefit from the new feats you can get.
    • Like x 3
  18. BumblingB I got better.

What do you think of feats that were super easy to get earlier then turned around and they removed them from game and when they did come back real world currency was involved. You know like avatar bombardier. By your logic the new players should be mad at the original players because they got them easily.

Look, you got your feats and enjoyed them. They are now obsolete and removed. They will not do unfair advantages short on real money. So either they give it out free for everyone or remove them altogether. There is no other choice.
    • Like x 1
  19. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I'm truly ok with those feats being given away. They are no longer valid feats to be able to get. So someone who starts the game 6 months from now should be penalized for something they can never do? Good choice. I grounded all those same feats I spent my time on the game for them, for no one else then for me. Farm exos was because I needed them to sell or make mods to sell most of the time. Which I'm sure most people who grinded that stuff did with them. Do you got the benefits of the feats at the time and the DC cash you made off of it at the time.
    Remember this is a game, some of us take this way to seriously. The game is progressing and evolving.
    I do not need anything special cause I had those feats already.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What would be wrong is all the unnecessary extra work of making such a vendor and making sure it's all working properly basically till the game ends. That makes little sense when they're trying to reduce the amount of redundant upkeep. The solution they've come up with solves every problem except for hurt feelings. The only fix for that is for people to let it go and move forward as the Devs are doing.