Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Feedback so far:
    Core Augments
    There is one major issue with them: Once you choose a role or might/prec you are locked with that for the rest of the game. We should definetelly be able to feed one core augment in a 1:1 exp ration to other, otherwise the whole freedom promised by the revamp will be gone.

Someone who plays munitions for example will have to think 10 times before changing to a prec based power, because the gring to get both might and prec artifacts or change from one to other is just too big, same for someone who plays troll and wants to go healer, etc.
    Suggest Solution: Let us feed one core augment in a 1:1 ration to other.

Episode Specific Augments
    They are just bad. The Experience needed to get one to the max level is too big to make them useful, once you get your augment to the max level, there will probably be another episode around already. The only way to get your augment in time for the next episode is by opening TCs, replaying a lot content or giving up your artifacts nth metal to level the augments.

Also, the breakthrough is frankly just terrible. Augments are really really important to the game and no1 who pays to buy a seal or opens million capsules should have advantage over the others, it's not like a 1% bonus or something like that, it's literally one of the most important things we have right now.
    Suggested Solution: Decrease the exp required to level up episode augments and remove the breakthrough chances.

Alts
    If you have a alt right now, just delete it and give up. Artifacts aren't alt friendly, anyone with a alt think already has to twice before spending time on them, augments just make things 10x worse. I don't know a solution for this, because making the exp account shared can make it a little bit problematic, but if it stays this way, alts will be dead.

Nth Metal
    Nth Metal should be specific to artifacts in my opnion. You shouldn't be able to use them to level up augments.
    Suggested Solution: Remove nth metals from augments and balance the experience required to level them up according.

Overall
    The system won't be sustainable for long, anyone who makes a new character or takes a break from the game simply won't be able to catch up, the same is happening with artifacts, you just added augments to the formula now. It's not like one can just indefinetelly rank up augments, even if he plays 24/7, by the time his augment is in a high level, 2 new episodes (heck, maybe more) will already be around, making it a infinity cycle.

Grind

MMORPGs are all about role play, friends and grinding, but at this point it's a little bit ridiculous. We'll be spending more time trying to rank up a artifact/augment than actually playing the game. This should definetelly be reviwed before augments go live

Final Opnion:
    Augments concept is nice and we tend to like them because they are something new to replace a system that wasn't very effective. BUT, once it goes live, if it goes live this way, the number of infuriated players will grow up with time.

Augments have everything to be a good replace for the R&D system, but right now they aren't, the R&D system is more alt friendly and less grind excessive than augments at this point, plus R&D has almost nothing on the MP to call them p2w, augments do.

You have to be more careful than ever with this system, the possibility of players thinking you made it just to milk money is incredible big (I was one of the first to think about it) and if that happens to be the truth, you'll see a exodus just like the GU47, monthly content or dox one.

R&D was since GU 8 one of the most important things in the game, if they aren't replaced with something at level or superior, then we have a problem.

Please, don't let augments go live with issues, they are too important to get low level treatment.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kestral Committed Player

Exobits are not disappearing but changing design. Any old feats that are impossible to get anymore will be gifted to everyone. Yes you will still be salvaging & gathering. I think you are still crafting but maybe only soders and such.

Generator mods are going to be drops instead of crafted items again. White mods are intended to stay.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To reiterate what was already said, there needs to be 8 golden exobytes. I wasn't really able to check if the stats match my live toon because league halls are down so I can't get buffs, but sitting at 22k might, which is 4k less than my live toon, not really seeing what would make up the extra difference unless the two top augments account for the remainder.

Only downside I see to 8 golden bytes is people that play only one role maxing out their main 4, but really that's not an issue since you still need to grind the top two augments. I assume these will increase in max rank along with item level of the gear like stat points do?
    • Like x 2
  4. Kestral Committed Player

Episode specific augments can be fed to the Core Augments or to other Episode specific augments. So it's possible when the next episode rolls around you could transform all your old episode augments to the new.

Honestly I feel they are two similar of a concept to Artifacts and episode specific augments should not exist or at least allow us to use those slots for just general augments if we choose.

Definitely, if we can't use exobytes to level artifacts then we shouldn't be able to use nth metal to level augments and really the systems should not be compatible for leveling. It's just going to cause problems.

There would need to be a point where we are fully caught up with downtime between higher levels, but that would only aid infrequent players to get fully leveled. For new players they look to be SOL.
  5. niteravn Active Player

I just check the resto. On live, using Atlantean mods (5 resto, 2 might/resto, 2 health/resto) that give you 1687 resto from mods. Using the Metagen, 4 resto MAXed( rank 217 183 resto) you get 732 . This is not with the cybernetic enhancements used. So you are losing 955 resto. I am willing to be that the others are going to fall significantly short also. If this is supposed to replace the mod system, it should be better, not worse. The artifacts should not be making up the difference as they are currently buffing us. So buff the buff? No, the metagenes need to be buffed so that at current MAX (217), they are EQUAL to a complete set of properly installed mods.
    • Like x 4
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

So I harvested 17 Exo-Materials; now what?
    There are no Plans to create anything with them.
    Actually I just found a Soder Cola plan that uses them.
    They can't fortify my Augments; that's too bad..
    Is that all?
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

I get 726 on live (think you meant New Justice)

Resto NJ: 89 x 6 = 534
    Split Resto NJ: -/48 x 4 = 192
  8. Kestral Committed Player

I was really hopeful for these to also be useful in leveling our augments. Soders are not likely to be crafted in bulk anymore with the new Artifact soder. There needs to be a reason to grind out the gathering feat and it would make sense lore wise for any exobytes/exo-materials to be useful in increasing our strength even if at a really reduced rate. It would make sense to me both for the gathering and crafting feat if we had a plan to create full exobytes still from exo-materials. The crafting feats are going to be terrible to complete now that we aren't changing exobits into exobytes and soders being useless.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

You got buffed in Doomed Metropolis, Deluge and E3 :p
  10. niteravn Active Player

Thank you. counted them in DOOMED. In my base it comes to 770 as New Justice (630 for the MOD and 140 for the affinity). Still, we get less MAXED out on the metagene. If they did not switch to the Augments, we would be getting a new mod this time. That still adds approx another 150 resto if they did the same increase as they did from Special Forces to New Justice. So we are still short.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The top 2 augments give approximately 350 might each even at rank 0, 450~ at rank 15.

I managed to get my might up to the same as it would be on live, by and large, there's potentially a discrepancy of around 1000~ might, potentially less
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

HOLD ON FOR A SECOND AND CONSIDER THIS:

when starting in brainiacs ship, every new character created will get enough SP (exactly 10,3) from the granted feats to unlock every weapon combo right away. that begs the QUESTION: would't it be way more easy to get away with those feats as a whole? instead: granting every weapon combo of your starting weapon except the mastery combos (those get available at level10, when you can unlock other weapons) would make it simple and convenient to use and switch between them (respecting WM's is a real pain)! all weapons should get all combos unlocked at all times IMO, only the WM's should cost one SP for each... that way, super powered players wouldn't get the benefit of 30 free SP's...

I bet the super powered players get pissed when taking away those ^^'
  13. Brav Well-Known Player

(Another Side Note: There is a Visual UI Armory Glitch/Missing for the Augments when viewing them in the opposite role/armory, even though they are technically saved. They only seem to be visible if your character has that specific armory activated. Nothing major, though I am bringing it up so it can be sorted if possible and in case others weren't aware. Thank you).
  14. SteelSD Level 30

Avair,

I share many of the concerns previously posted by Proxy, Ully, SBPrime, and others. I have a couple feedback items I'd like to see addressed:

1) I don't think there's a question that the system was conceived to support leveling six Implants/Augments without consideration for dual roles; meaning that twelve actually need to be leveled. Due to this, I believe that the amount of XP required to level each Implant/Augment is two times too high. The XP needed for each level needs to be cut in half.

2) Currently, the only real grind involved in creating mods is the essence farm. All other materials are readily available so the mods can be created and applied to gear relatively early into new DLC. Once applied, the effects are static and last for the remainder of the current DLC cycle and also through the following DLC cycle. My questions are:

• Can we assume that maxing out or Implant/Augment XP will occur at a point in time that's equitable versus the current mod system? I'm very concerned about this because I believe your group dramatically overestimated the rate at which Artifacts could be leveled.
    • At what point will the XP cap for each be raised?
    • Is your group at all concerned about the inevitable hoarding of Exo XP in anticipation of cap bumps? This is a significant problem with a linear system as it creates an environment of "burst" stat gains at the start of next progression point.
    Whether the third bullet is a real concern is really contingent upon how quickly one will be able to level their Implants/Mods. The rate at which one can level needs to be easy enough to enjoy content at max XP level while grinding the remainder of the gear; and this applies to multiple toons as, mentioned earlier, this system does not appear to be at all friendly to alt characters.
    Thank you in advance for your response.
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Just Whatever you choose to do devs.. Please gives us some downtime to enjoy our fully maxed out augments(whether it be Quarterly or twice a year we get tons of new CREATIVE augments).. Stop being so quick to have us replace/grind for them... This game is becoming too Chore HEAVY and not ENOUGH FUN.. keep in mind we LOVE to compete , but dont forget the reason why we are playing this in the first place.. FUN

Please Give support roles more incentive.. I keep stressing enough.. SUPPORT ROLES arent getting MUCH SUPPORT from the DEVS.. its all DPS DPS DPS.... Either remove Support ROLES ENTIRELY or GIVE MORE BENEFITS to encourage players to STAY as SUPPORT ROLES.. not sure why this is so difficult to grasp? We've been saying this for the past 4+years.. Please! :(

This is HONEST FEEDBACK... Other than that i dont mind augments...
    • Like x 3
  16. Sjs New Player

Mods go up when in starring deluge or doomed metro
  17. Kestral Committed Player

Opinion: Exo-Material is next to useless.
    It can only be used to create consumables now and early game lore specifies that we should be able to use them to enhance our characters.
    • With the addition of the Soder Artifact there is no reason to craft soders anymore.
    • The only other crafting left is attack consumables (which few use)
    • There is no reason for me to ever need my R&D scanners i've purchased.
    • With nothing to craft I will never finish those feats except as a chore for things to trash immediately after creation.
    • Better to finish my final gathering feat before this ever hits live as the old exobytes can be used as xp for my augments. New players will have no reason to ever need all of those gathered exo-material except for the feat.
    Pleading suggestion:
    Please allow us to craft the Exo-Material into Exobytes that can be used to level our Augments.
    • Like x 4
  18. DCUO Addict Committed Player

^^ 100% agree with this

Also, I need to correct something I posted in a different thread. The exo-material is not used for attack/shield consumables (e.g., personal dampening devices, electrostatic pulse devices). Those require the same R&D parts as the current recipes, minus the complex material.

I think this adds to the argument that there needs to be a way to convert exo-material to XP for augments. They should still be part of soder recipes, but, as Kestral noted, there's only so much soder anyone can really use, especially with the Soder Artifact.
    • Like x 2
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Youre half right. Exo-Materials are used to make Soders that are still tied to completing Feats so they are still needed. Exo-Materials are also needed for crafting Enhanced items like from old TCs which makes it much easier to complete them, you jsut need the Motes for them. The Exo Materials still serve a great purpose for many players new and old as well needed to complete the Gathering Feats as they are part of the Nodes in Gotham, Metro and other Open World places.

Crafting Exo-Materials into Exobytes doesnt sound that bad of an idea.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I might have missed that, did a dev confirm the exo materials are needed for enhanced time capsule styles.

The ones I saw on test albeit not time capsule ones just required motes now

Christmas ones and anniversary ones also required snowballs and qwa bombs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.