Fix for Ice

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Apolloin, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Well I don’t know about you guys, but I love ice. It was my first love of the dcuo powers, but no matter what you do with ice (besides precision spec) ice is a mid to low tier power. I would love to start tweak ice thread or maybe the ice community could put thoughts together on improvements to ice. So if you could fix ice what would you guys do to improve ice? I’m interested in hearing suggestions. Here is a list I have.

1. Make avalanche receive bonus damage on frostbitten enemies
    2. Change resonating gale to the supercharge generator
    3. Change impaling ice back to out 35% move
    4. Change glacier flash back to a single target channel move
    5. Slightly speed up the cast of frost blast.

These are just wishes but one can wish right?
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wish resonating gale could go back to the move it used to be. it was my favorite power in the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

My main thing is with Avalanche. It needs the power interaction to frostbitten enemies. That tweak itself will raise the damage output quite a bit.

I would love for Glacier Flash to be a single target cast instead of a 35 finisher.

Im iffy on Resonating Gale. Its ok for my tanking.
  4. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Yeah resonating gale was really good for clearing adds back in the day. The state of ice right now is really low when you compare it to the other dps powers. No power should be forced to play precision. As it stands ice is best as precision dps. Playstyle should be a choice not a forced option. In my opinion, the only move that keeps ice somewhat competitive is our supercharges and frost blast
  5. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Hopefully the ice community will help spread bump this thread
  6. Frankzilla Committed Player

Lolololol for the sake of knowing because I love seeing these threads. For the record how long have you been waiting for fixes again??? Lololol
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

What's your parse with Ice? :)
  8. L T Devoted Player

the latest incarnation of the dev team doesn't jump to make changes, but these sorts of threads do get read and considered. Mental and Sorcery have both gotten abilities adjusted.
  9. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I parse 21-23k on three target
    11-14 on single target
  10. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I have been an advocate of the revamp, but I feel some powers went live broken. For example, Ice’s supercharge generator can only be used at mid-range, avalanche does not get any benefit from frostbitten enemies. Outside of sorcery but I can’t think of another that suffers from single target damage. Why did they change glacier flash? There are several issues with ice. I honestly believe people who tested were tired of ice dps and no one spent time to really test the power.
  11. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Has the ice population decreased. I honestly thought more people would respond
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

I know a Ice DPS can parse around 25-26k, you probably do something :)
  13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I’ve hit those numbers to but it was outlier and not a consistent parse
  14. Apolloin Well-Known Player

My parses were also 30 second on a ten second parse I’ve hit 27k so. The problem with ice is it is all dependent on frost blast.
  15. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Ice is my favorite power as well
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

If you parse is high like you said then I don't see problems with Ice.... :eek:
  17. Apolloin Well-Known Player

We all have our opinions, was asking for improvements and I’m glad you think it’s fine. I wasn’t suggesting a complete overhaul just a few tweaks
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So a Gadgets dps can parse 29k consistently.

Ice can parse 23k consistently and rarely gets to see 27k.

You think Ice is fine?
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Avalanche needs to have its Frostbitten power interaction.

And Glacier Flash needs to be our Single Target damage channel cast, not a 35%
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I agree with most everything being said in here but I dont think gadgets should be the measuring stick. Its the clear #1 and somewhat of an outlier. I think the primary things that should be taken into consideration is avalanche getting a PI interaction and glacier being a channel. Neither of those things will make ice parse 29k. But both will be a nice buff and give ice more versatility. Though if Ice did get those things there would be no reason at all to go fire, but I'll save my thoughts on fire for another thread.
    • Like x 1