Catalysts will no longer drop, WTF?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  2. Serene Level 30

There are times when I had hope for dc... like I... really thought that catalist dropping on the old content was a good thing, because for new players they wouldnt have to stay hours on queued, still I thought that they should have put more rewards on the old content so high CR player would actually run it more often than once a week. And it's not like I entire dislike this new way to purchase the catalist, but why to remove the other way to obtain it? Yeah it less tedious for ppl that already have everything but in case they really wanna try to reach for new players this is only hurting for that point, it really makes no sense to me...
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG] [IMG]

At this point after so many changes since 2011.... I do not think it's a bad idea to make it NOT Free to play... make it pay for play. That adds a barrier to gold spammers and hackers making new accounts. This results in grandfathering in accounts or not if they do not return (freeing some character names). DLCs take a pay cut from this change. Bundle DLCs and make a Ultimate bundle that has been offered in variations over the years. Shirley, not a Lifetime subscriber option again. Increase the in-game cash maximum. Use the Marketplace more. Good luck!
  4. useless Well-Known Player

...hmm...just reading this and first thought was oh goody,but then again...why ?Just like two weeks or so you put new catalysts in instances for 140 / 160 and now remove them.
    Why dont just leave a choise,buy for MoV or run instances.
    Maybe its preparation for Augments?Little rewriting instances and instead of like LoA catalyst : dionesium now it will say something like LoA augment : eternal flame augment booster ,oslt.
    With all artifacts on certain lvl i run lower catalyst instances just to get some extra in game cash by selling it.
    How does this efect new players or lower cr players?
    Idk,to early in the morning for me,have to think about it for a while and monitor this thread and see what others think...
  5. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

i was a good thought but someone like me who has not bothered to renew my membership and who does not have all the dlc is stuck on rank 40. plus can you imagen with new augment thats coming the amount of catalyst you will need and only being able to get 1 at a time will take forever to upgrade augments and artifact.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Just sayin': I personally would have liked both option..
    • Like x 2
  7. Ekart Committed Player

[IMG]
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

Ok adding them to the vendor is nice and all but why dont keep them droping from instances aswell, ppl should choose if they want to buy them or run content cause not everyone wants to run certain content like area51 every week ... now ppl will run only content within their relevancy window cause of MoV... this is not good for the game in general.
    • Like x 1
  9. chairmanwesket New Player

sounds fair enough to me
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Oh, I think people will be running old content. Especially the open world Daily/Weekly missions.

Don't they give 8 marks for the Weekly stuff? If so, then that's what everyone will be doing while being cued up for other stuff.

And hey, you can finally save up the Amazon currency and get that leet Minotaur head, right?
  11. Throwawaybrown New Player

This actually makes a lot of sense as far as I can tell. Every freemium game needs to find the right balance of grind to get from character-generation to end-content-viable. It needs to be "grindy" enough that people want to buy their way past it, but feasable enough that the free players still continue grinding without rage-quitting to keep the population up. Back in the day, getting a toon past the CR53 mark was genuinely time consuming, but now it's possible to do so accidentally within a few days of hitting lvl30 before you've even read the instructions carefully enough to realize it's going to lock you out of T1 content-rewards.... which is natural, because as the CR-cap increases, the difficulty of each individual step in that total climb should decrease to keep the TOTAL grind in the sweet-spot.

With artifacts hitting 160 cap. and the success rates of each bearkthrough getting lower and lower, the "grind" of the artifacts alone was starting to be more than the sweet-spot. Honestly, that's the common thread in everyone's complaints here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/kryptonian-time-capsule.297147/ TLDR: Too much artifact grind. Just like they decreased the armor-piece grind when CR-caps skyrocketed, they're decreasing the catalyst-grind as the artifact-level-cap skyrockets. If anything, it sounds like they're doing what they need to keep the grind in the sweet-spot. It's basically the mark-rebalance from way back when, but for artifacts.
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’m thinking it would’ve been neat if they put the Minotaur head on the vendor as a style like 3 months after the content started...like they did with the Auras on the Deluge vendor. I really liked that “ooohhh new stuff to go for...” feeling and hope they keep up with that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I dislike the change. I still have styles I need to buy with MoV across multiple characters, and essence purifiers.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, the styles will still matter, so that's a legit complaint.

The essence purifiers SHOULD (we really don't have any details yet) cease to exist with the elimination of equipment mods, so that wouldn't be a concern anymore.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The complaint for the Kryptonian artifacts and/or grind/p2w didn't have anything to do with where we got the catalysts from. Just saying.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah we still have generator mods
  17. Dezaras Loyal Player

I rarely run alerts or raids so this is welcome news to me.
    However I think they should've been left in the instances, as an alternative way to acquire them.

Constantine, MP, instances. Something for everybody.
    • Like x 1
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

A lot of players do not like being forced to run the same content over & over for marks. That was one of the main reasons why GU 47 ran so many players away from the game and killed the PC server.
    • Like x 2
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

1. Removing them from the instances makes that cats farmers not be able to farm them as easily.
    2. Catalysts will now take more than just one run to acquire a catalyst.
    3. Now players will have to run more content to build their artifacts up.

People that were complaining about the artifacts being a grind got a nice how do you do with this hotfix.

Hotfix last week after all the complaining about grind
    We are now giving more exp

Hotfix this week
    We are now removing cats from instances. :p

I personally don't care either way.

I think it might get more people running all the lower content.

OR

Some will just pay for replays for newer content.

Either way the players will need to run more content in order to build up the artifacts.

I will add that this is probably tied to augments as well & I really do not think it is a bad thing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I still do believe they should keep them in instances and on the vendor.

If its not tied to Augments, then giving both options would be a win/win.

But somehow I feel this is connected to Augments
    • Like x 2