DCUO LQ Eternal Spring Base Tour - Enter Aroma Temple

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jul 3, 2018.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay, but I'm very excited to unveil to you all my newest base tour, focusing on my second Spring Base - Aroma Temple! An otherworldly eastern themed temple, this temple uses magic from alien technology to enhance its cherry blossom trees, crystal gardens, and shrines. Though this base belongs to LordQuantum, I felt it would be more thematic that Alienna-3 (Alienna's alternate universe holy version) hosted this tour.

I hope you guys enjoy watching this base tour! :)
    • Like x 9
  2. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

This is incredible
    • Like x 1
  3. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Always amazing!
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

always a fan!
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thank you! :)
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thank you :)
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Can you give me any tips on making bases? I am working on 4 bases with different themes.

1. the refrigerator (tech theme): Located on top of a building in the Mr. Freeze part of Gotham: this base of course has an icy, cool, and Christmasy theme to it.

2. the oven (tech theme): Located somewhere next to or in the brainiac bottle zone I think. This base has of course high temperature themes I covered most of the walls in it with Yule log flat screens and regular Yule log things on the floor to make it feel like it's baking in there as well as volcano feed flatscreens, I put up a jitters sign(because coffee is often hot), black crystals, and I even have a couple of spots of lava in there.

3. killionaires resort (penthouse theme): Located at the bottom of lexcorp tower. this base is susposed to have rich assassin themes. I put up a few crime syndicate wall coins, some bars, a whole hoard of treasure at the bottom of the base, I set up a hanging skeleton, and I made 2 stacks of multiple metropolis flatscreens on each other like cards in solitaire on a wall.

4. 42 (ancient theme): Located on top of one of the floating rocks of the trigon area(I picked that spot for 42 because it was the most surreal). what else but the meaning of life, the universe, and everything? This base has cosmic, existence, reality, paradise, Limbo, Purgatory, and hell themes. I made the entrance to the base a garden with art and a wall and gate as you go further in with Angel statues. I set up multiple ornaries of the multiverse in various corners. I combined the cell block numbers 4 and 2 together in 2 spots of the base 2 make 2 42 signs. I also have some moonscape portals in there, and I can't remember right now but I think I put up some portholes.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is visually stunning. However, I can't quite get over the name you chose. Aroma Temple? I'm not sure exactly how to take that. Maybe because of the way our family usually used the word "aroma," and the circumstances. :p
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Thank you! :)

I chose the name "Aroma Temple", as its an eastern themed temple, and it is also filled with cherry blossom trees and has lots of natural themes. It's meant to be quite visual and 'for the senses' (well maybe minus taste), with all the petals falling throughout most of the temple. Many of the overgrown cherry blossom trees that flow through the many rooms and corridors of this temple emit strong, pleasant and natural perfumes (without the toxins that the Green/Poison Ivy have in their lairs).

More often than not an aroma is associated with a pleasant smell, usually from a plant (but not exclusively).

So yes its an imaginative but very relevant name for the base tour shown in the original post :)
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Find one or two (maybe three) significant base items that will be essential to your base. Many of my better bases have these. In this base there were various base items however but instead of looking for significant base items I went by colour schemes.

There are decided flavours within various parts of my base that I wanted to go for. For example in the temple entrance itself I had the cathedral window and blossom trees on the ceiling, but I also had Lone Street Lamps and Red Mystical Ceiling Scrolls up and down the sides of this room to enhance the red/pink colour themes of this area of the base. In the winter room on the top floor, as well as it being something of a homage to the House of Blue Leaves garden in Kill Bill, it was meant to convey that while most of this base is in Spring, some parts of the base are still in the last of Winter (the season previous). The snow is melting into water that flows onto the Flamingo/Crystal Shrine. If you look closely while I'm around the flamingo area, there are little water puddles within the grass surrounding the pink platform (Nectar of the Gods). (This was also a homage to various Pokemon games I played as a kid, where near legendary Pokemon you would have small water puddles/patterns amongst the grass) As you may be able to tell, there are various subtle Japanese or Japanese inspired culture references/homages within this base that you may or may not have noticed.

Anyways, going back to the point in hand, for your bases, choose ideally one of the following two approaches:

1. Choose between 1 and 3 base items that you feel will be significant in your base. If you already have some artistic idea of how the base will look, the rest will come to you.

2. Choose colour schemes that you want to be key in your base. This is however more challenging in reality and so I would only recommend this to very experienced base decorators.

Hope this helps!
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Screenshots from the temple (sorry for the delay, had some technical issues)

Part 1: Crystal Gardens, and the Temple entrance
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Part 2: The Flamingo/Crystal Shrine, and the Bowl of Spring Magic
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]