Kryptonian Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2018.

1. drewbuddy New Player

Sorry, didn't think I had to explain the mechanics to get to a 160 artifact at a 10℅ chance of breakthrough needing a seal to get the stats from it to active players. My bad....
    • Like x 2
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

renew your faith in MMO with Warframe...
    • Like x 1
  3. Brav Well-Known Player

(Hello Mepps, Just Tagging you as the CM In case the Message is Missed by the Rest of the Development Team).
    (Hello Carp, Just Tagging you because you have been one of the Developers working on the UI lately and a portion of this message includes a UI Update).

Hello Avair,

Capsule System:

I just want to say Thank you for your Efforts in Improving the Time Capsules and bringing more variety with Artifacts. So far it seems a bit better compared to before though I do understand the lose that some players feel this capsule brings. Perhaps Including an Additional Choice for each Items Category will be better. (Example: Two Options for Stone/Catalyst, Gear Piece, and Collection, along with some Quark as a last Choice). This way instead of just one Choice from each Category, We will have Two Choices from each. This shouldn't hurt anyone since we can only choose one anyway.

The reason more choices will be better is because as we complete most of the categories our options decrease dramatically over time. In the beginning this new system is wonderful. But as mentioned some categories are easily finished than others. Mainly the Collections are the last to be completed because there are so many to obtain. Having another one to choose from will help. Even if those two are already collected as that may happen and it is to be expected over time, at least one of those collections or other choices may have a greater value to choose from which can be used to earn in game money in an effort to save up for a missing collection/item.

Quarks:

I would also suggest that sometime in the future for some of the older capsule items (account bound versions) to be obtainable on the Quark Vendor for a reasonable amount. We are already over a year in with capsules, as long as the quark vendor is updated after some time with older capsule items after a few newer capsules have already been released this shouldn't hurt the capsule rates. If anything it will improve them because players will be able to open capsules and earn quarks from each capsule, While knowing if they are having some bad luck they will eventually be able to earn enough and obtain that item from the vendor. This makes items achievable over time and removes that negative feeling of unobtainable items that players have when they are experiencing terrible luck with range.

I know that we have Resurgence Events now and then. But to be honest this mostly benefits players who are New or have took a long break. For Players who are actively playing and have obtained most of the items, opening older ones are not what most are looking to do, especially when there is no other way to obtain the needed item. Most of the older capsule items have lost their value and hoping to get one rare or an item that may still have a decent value to obtain the one you actually need is Extremely Rare. Using bought and earned stabilizers on older capsules (sometimes more with the mega version) for a small chance at a item that may have a decent value still to earn enough for a missing item, while a newer capsule is right around the corner is not a smart more at all. Not to mention the fact that some rare items have either become extremely expensive on the broker or non existent. That's why being able to obtain older capsule items on the quark vendor for a decent amount once enough quarks have been earned over time will be a better option.

(To Carp, If Capsule Items get approved for the Quark Vendor, then a few New Category Tabs will be needed for the UI, to help sort each available item. Example: Gear, Styles, Collections, Supplies, Etc, and perhaps sub categories/titles based on the Items Origin (Capsule Name) within each Category Tab).

Artifacts:

I would also like to add my view on artifacts. The variety is good and may help some players with different builds. There are a couple of artifacts with certain stat bonuses and effects that I am looking forward to for some of my characters roles once those artifacts are introduced into the game. (I believe I see what appears to be a trend/pattern, I could be wrong. If so then perhaps a WIP Thread/Or Suggestions for upcoming Artifacts like a community member has suggested will be good).

I do like the new troll artifact, and I can see something similar coming for Healers and Tanks. The Dps one looks decent but the Effect for one ability doesn't fit my play style, so I am looking forward to one that benefits more than just one particular ability. Most of the Original Artifacts are still decent and cover most play styles. Some newer ones may bring more variety to different play styles which is good.

SP & Upgrade Trait Progression:

Though the Artifact System is a good addition to our Characters Progression, I would like to mention that we should also use and expand on our SP and Ability Tree Progression for our Characters. The Artifact System is giving us a nice Bonus and Taste of what a Upgrade Trait Tree can do better at in terms of Improving our characters build progression wise.

There are a few Core abilities and functions that should be improved upon progression wise and shouldn't be isolated and limited to only artifacts. Artifacts can Introduce some improvements and additions upon those fundamental abilities but they shouldn't be the Core Progression for them. (The Same Concept should be shared with Augments. Artifacts and Augments should add some bonuses but shouldn't be a Core Progression for Fundamental Abilities).

This is why adding an Upgrade Trait Tree will be really Beneficial for the game and the player base. This will add more diversity in character builds progression wise, while not isolating core improvements to a secondary progression system.

An Upgrade Trait Tree can be Individually Based or Universal Based. Individually will require more work for the developers to set for each individual role and power. A Universal Based wouldn't require separate Trait Trees like an Individually Based one would. A Universal Trait Tree Upgrade Section can include Specific Upgrades to Shared/Similar Abilities for each Role and Power. (Example: Tier Improvements for Burst Abilities (Damage/Heals/Power), Overtime Abilities (Dots/Hots/Pots), Absorption/Mitigation Abilities (Shields/Transfer Damage) Control Abilities (Knockdowns/Stuns/Pulls), Interaction (PI) Abilities (Burn, Freeze, Daze, Electrify, Etc), and so on).

Each one and additional upgrades can specify the recommend role for specific upgrade abilities. Similar to how the SP tree functions, an upgrade trait tree can share the same outline.

I have created a thread awhile back with a general idea of how an upgrade trait tree can function as another progression system for our characters. The thread is called (New SP Progression Suggestion + Upgrade Trait), Which can be used as a reference. Something similar to that for an upgrade trait tree can work.

(To Carp, If an Upgrade Trait System is also approved then a New Trait section in the UI will be needed. This can be similar to the outline of the SP tree).

I really do appreciate all the hard work and dedication that you and the rest of the development team have put toward the game. Especially with the recent changes over the past year. You guys have stuck it through and are working/doing what you can with what you have. Keep giving it your all and I am sure things will pick up and improve as time goes on. Thank you.

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 5
  4. Volle Active Player

The Kryptonian Collections (Reactive Gear) Rare drop rate is to low fore a styl Collection. and ppl fliping payers like it same cost as materials.. drop rate need be fixt!
    • Like x 1
  5. Diamondsteez Active Player

PLEASE IMPLEMENT FACIAL HAIR (for males) WITH THE NEWER HAIRSTYLES !!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

these Gents approve.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and of course the two mustaches of omnipotence....

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

the other of the two mustaches of omnipotence
    [IMG]
  9. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

Can you please make an artifact that will upgrade ICONIC POWER BATARANGS. PLEASE!!!!
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. DamianWayneJasonTodd Level 30

I think I’m one of the oldest player accounts in The game. Day one 7:45amPST. Damian Wayne hero. Jason Todd villains. I love this game not because it’s fun but because I love DC. This game could be fun. If you did a few things. One listen to your audience. We don’t care what the cost is on the Wuark vendor but start selling old capsule content there. It won’t stop players from opening the capsules they will need quarks.

Two on sorry telling. I love the anniversary event. But eventually can we have a crisis, an infinite crisis, zero hour final crisi event that could move us into a PlayStation four era with a total revamp engine for all new content.

Third and this is maybe a personal ask: please can we get a time bubble showing up with Brainiac 5 and cosmic boy and Saturn girl asking for help in the 31st century. I know DC doesn’t love the LSH any more but some of us do. You could bring back Brainiac, Darkside, ras al ghul, introduce the fatal five. I mean come on does anyone not know that the sorcery watcher looks exactly like the emerald eye of ekron. Introduce Mordru. Heck you love time capsules and emblems. The legion of superheroes is probably the most emblem friendly team in the dc universe.

Fourth please try and make the game fun. I have a wife I have a baby and a JOB!!!!!! You make this game a chore I want to have fun but I’m to busy playing every day for so many hours it makes my wife angry. But if I don’t run daily content I fall behind.

Fifth and again personal why are bataranga so ineffective??

Lastly I love this game I’ve played almost every day for seven years now. Only walking away once. I don’t mind playing every day. I’m not against spending money to support the game but come on make it fun.

Thank you.

P.s. can we see a kingdom come content?
    • Like x 1
  12. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Not gonna lie, that's an impressive display of shaving skills. XD
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Now he needs to work on those eyebrows.
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That's discrimination! Implement facial hair for females too!
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it'd be kind of funny if after the atlantean deluge and starro invasion we got a thanagarian dlc with it's own time capsule. whoops, i gave them an idea XD.
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

So multicolor hair relies on costume color slots for the second color? So, limits your palette color options the same way applying tintable materials to hair does, if you want your hair to be specific colors. Extremely disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  17. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Ok, I've finally had a chance to open a couple of the newest Time Capsules. I can't believe I'm saying this: I really like this new format. The format gives more choice, and thus more likelihood of completing a gear set or collection. Is this retroactive, or only in the new capsules? Because if it applies to the old capsules, I'm actually slightly more interested in running the stabilizer event to get more stabilizers.

Of course, I think they should still put old collections, emblem and gear in the Quark Vendor. But that's just me and half the rest of the forum members.
    • Like x 2
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I was a skeptic; but after opening my “budget” of caps, I have had a noticeably greater return than previous caps. It may have been luck, but I’ve found that I like the new system without the sub-caps.
    • Like x 2
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't know if it's been asked, but can all old time capsule be updated to this model? I might actually go back and open some of the old ones if they were. The structure of older capsules was changed once before, so I don't think there should be issues doing it again.
    • Like x 3
  20. XEMD Well-Known Player

It's been asked I believe twice in this thread already, but I fully agree with you. I'd go back and open certain capsules if it was the way the current capsule is.
    • Like x 3