Kryptonian Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2018.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

It seems very clear, Avair, that the *choices* you profess we now have are not acceptable.

Why should a controller have to *choose* to have a stronger debuff ability and a wider target range when that should innately happen when leveling up a controller? A true choice would mean that the artifact will give abilities that give access to abilities not normal to that role/superpower or negate negative aspects of that power. For example the Amulet of Rao should negate having to be invisible to use those abilities that would normally require you to do so, give 20/30/40% crit power every 30 seconds to any character in healer role (solo and/or group) and have 65% less power used when using superpowers in controller mode. To me, THOSE are choices.

At this rate we will need to have 2 more artifact slots or another way to carry them (like inside of the utility belt) just to be able to fully utilize these artifacts. Will we have more than 2 in the future?
    • Like x 6
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Interesting discussion, but it's taking the exact same direction as the one that lead me to quit the game.

The chances of the devs actually doing something meaningful to fix this are smaller than the chances of getting a artifact to level 160 without trying 1 gazillion times. They will probably do something small to make the players stay quiet for a while, wait 2-3 months and release more of this, then repeat.

This game needs an entire new direction to make it great again, the main issues it has right now are easy to fix, but it's hard to get them to do the job, because you know, Trigon. Unless wallets talk, they won't move a single finger.

Artifacts need to be in-game only with nothing on the MP, TCs need to be gone for good (at least the feats and artifacts), they need to stop monetizing gameplay. 3 basic things to make this game a little more enjoyable, will them do at least 0,1% of 1 of them? HaHa.

Inb4: "Says he quit the game and now is here talking about it :rolleyes:". Indeed, I quit the game and it's true I'm here talking about it. Deal with it while i eat my popcorn.
    • Like x 10
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I like this new time capsule. Loving the gear style. Can’t wait to earn those robot arms. Everyone can feel free to just send me those collection pieces they don’t need. Lol
    • Like x 1
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I hope in light of all the new artifacts the last few months, this should open up the possibility of more than 2 slots. 3, maybe 4....more? If we can get 4 I think we would be opening up some real motivation to grind for artifact xp. Builds will get more intriguing. Support roles would benefit alot from that.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Specializing isn't what's happening when the balance is low on the end of what you are giving artifacts to. Weapon based attacks come to mind. Considering they are still not balanced and two are over performing.

I can guarantee that will be even more so with the controller artifact in groups. And depending on the role, the soder too.

But all the iconic abilities are still not good in comparison to other powers. It was slightly over performing, but all the rest are under? When will they get adjusted? When will they be looked at and made right? Same for weapons? Having this artifact come out after the nerf looks like you are just selling back what you took away.

I'm afraid you are not doing a simple color change, it's a damage increase for something that players want an option to use and not be chastised that they are doing it wrong. The whole stats revamp was about spreading the wealth, but it seemed more like the Orwellian quote, "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

A skinning option would have been amazing in a different way than an artifact. This is a damage increase that went to something was was recently nerfed. Coincidence or not, it looks REALLY bad and really disappointing to long term players that have been advocating iconic use since the beginning.

That's the thing, when you could have actually FIXED and GAVE more choices to the one role that is in a poor state, you didn't and just pushed more power feed. Now you add an artifact that I can guarantee that will be required to the game as a choice? I'm really disappointed. Really REALLY disappointed with this. I was actually looking at becoming a controller again. Working on builds, but I seriously got disgusted with this artifact. It was something that we wanted for so long. Having the ability to strengthen our debufs. 7 years into the game and we don't get it until this? This is just wrong. A controller doesn't have options, he's a battery and I was starting to come to terms with it, you turned me off the role altogether.

Thank you, now I don't have to work towards a second role. One role one character accounts for the win.

I am in an agitated state and I apologize if I said anything that may have offended you and I appreciate you coming on here to try and address our concerns. Thank you for that.
    • Like x 16
  6. Tarif Committed Player

"there’s a challenge in finding where to monetize and how to monetize. It requires a lot of careful thinking because you don’t want to open things up to pay-to-win. In our market, the Western market, that is strongly frowned upon. Before it was just a matter of making a fun game. Now it’s a matter of making a fun game and finding out how to monetize it."
    ~Quote from Jack Emmert's Forbes magazine interview. Current CEO for DCUO.

Ive said it a hundred times, and I'll say it a hundred more. This is just getting started. Ive seen him implement this business model in CoH, star trek online, and Neverwinter.

Ultimately as Players and customers, its up to you as individuals if you wish to support this business model or not. Im afraid, For good or ill, its a personal choice, and the company's return on investment, how much revenue this system garners, will be the loudest form of feedback heard.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daniel...ceo-jack-emmert-on-free-to-play/#d63b28b6aef1
    • Like x 8
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

i would like to fix what everyone is crying about here and its simple give us more nth metal exp days to stop cry babies. i also think its about time u let us put our artifacts into shared bank. because u wont do it with op gear so do it for artifacts plz and thank u
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

while i like the styles and will probably open a few free capsules, it still doesn't quite address the elephant in the room. i'm glad exobits have been removed from the capsules but there's still the matter of past styles which needs addressing, i don't open capsules for feats, just styles.
  9. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Agree 100%. It's ridiculous that the elite version of Abyssal essentially costs $80+.
    • Like x 1
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i was wrong about the collections: they are still a thing, i just realized... my bad!
    maybe it was the gear as reward. got the golden super rare piece right away.
    lucky me, i thought. on broker, there were the same for only 30 millions, so:
    seems like the super rare collection pieces are not as rare as usual at least.
  11. Hero13 New Player

[IMG]
    I was hoping for the legends Supergirl's heat vision emote not the same one of the toon with the hands on the face :(
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Hmmm. In time caps, the blue collection piece is the rare one?
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

indeed. like gear it goes whitish grey-common, lime green-uncommon but still high chance of getting, and blue-rare as a blood moon.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If they're "useless" and "worthless," why do you care? Why not just ignore their existence?
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The only CEO who didn't say they wanted to monetize their product is a fired CEO. Daybreak is not a charity. Of course they're looking at all the possible ways to make money. The entire point of the quote is that they're, allegedly, trying to be thoughtful about how to do that.

Now, you certainly are entitled to criticize how awful you think they are at monetizing, how much the way they're doing it upsets you and you hate it, etc., all you like, but citing this quote as evidence of nefarious intent doesn't go very far. "We're trying to make money" is what anyone in charge will always say unless they're running a non-profit organization. "We're trying to be careful" is not something a cackling villain says. It's perfectly anodyne.

You certainly can claim he's lying, of course, but that kind of defeats the purpose of quoting him to allegedly display how evil he is.
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

He probably got a hair style.
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

So. I went through the thread and read some comments.

First: Proxystar & Fatal Star are just right.

It just has a bad taste seeing the Heatvision being "buffed" again.

You want to have powerful and fun choices? Then maybe going for some more detailed balancing between powers and weapons would be a better thing. Not that it just makes sense, also it helps us to keep up with artifacts.
    If you bring out new artifacts every like 2-3 months, how should we be able to use the "fun and powerful" options you "gave" us? That's just stupid if you think we can keep up with that.

About the Amulet of Rao
    Yes it helps to bolster a speciality of the Controller. Better to say on of the mainjobs of the controller, because it's not just a battery. And it has nothing to do with "specializing the playstyle".
    Those bonus effects should be more like elite affinities for elite gear. Schimaera mentioned it in another thread. Why putting it behind a stupid paywall + grindwall? Want me to use the effect of the artifact in like 1 year?

Also I still don't get why you put feats and progressoin within these Timecapsules. And having the "option" to buy the keys and earning them from the stabilizer event is not an option. Do the math and think about how many days a person should run the stabilizer duo to open TCs and complete them.

EDIT:
    Also about the Hairstyles. People have asked for them for such a long time. Why don't you make another Bundle on the Marketplace?
    • Like x 8
  18. The Fairy Well-Known Player

In game cash? pfffffffffffff that's baby money. If you don't spend hundreds and thousands of real money then you're irrelavant!
    • Like x 4
  19. DC Urban Committed Player

the test server is where I spend my time whenever I am not playing other games. After those "Eventful circumstances" in April, I came back to the forums thus decided to sub. The end result was me rushing to cancel my sub before I got charged because I did not play the game for nearly 30 days:D. I almost forgot.

I only hang around cause you guys are funny.
    • Like x 1
  20. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

Yeah, but the approach that is being used to make money is making the game less and less fun.
    • Like x 2