Kryptonian Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

In an alternate universe there is a game called Time Capsule Universe Online. When you open up their version of time capsules you have quite a bit of Detective Comics content to choose from in each capsule. Plus options of gear styles, craftables, micro chips, nano chips, bio chips (think of nth metals and stones) fusion cores (think of catalysts) etc etc. Those players in that game are ******** about just like what we are ******** about with this game, but the opposite. Its amazing.
    • Like x 7
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Ok first off; Quarks value isnt high enough for it to be a choice.. Any other item that you choose to select from TC has more IN GAME VALUE then 10x quarks.. 10x quarks isnt really an option, my suggestion is to INCREASE the value from quarks to make it a REAL CHOICE.. After all it is TECHNICALLY 1 dollar to open a TC and 10x quarks isnt even worth 1dollar..

Secondly and lastly, If you are going to introduce new artifacts PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the prices at the John Constantine vendor.... the NTH METALS are tooo expensive for ONLY 10-20 EXP.. 100 MoVs DOES NOT EQUAL 10-20exp for artifacts..
    • Like x 7
  3. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

This would be sad if it wasnt so funny. I can see it happening too :cool:
    • Like x 5
  4. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Thoughts? Questions? Join the discussion below.

Uhhhhhh.. Welp.. I guess past Time Capsule comments weren't enough hints to get the idea.. But everything about this time capsule is wrong. If anyone says "at least there's the soda" they're just trying their best to look at the little positive sides of it but in the end it's all just messed up.
    • Like x 3
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

When is an addition going to be made to the Kryptonian Time Capsule? We need an artifact, the Breath of EL or some such for freezing breath iconic power. Same as the heat vision one, but with sub zero temperatures and ice.
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

#MakeSunStonesStackTo99
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question if it has not been asked and answered already, are the new artifacts account bound? If not, are the 5, 10 and 15 TC openings concurrent across all toons or just 1 at a time? I'd hate to have to open 15 TCs on 1 toon to get the 3rd artifact if I want the first and second ones on 2 other toons.

If this was answered already, sorry...I couldn't read all 6 pages without getting myself in a blinding rage.

Reinheld
  9. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Low cr players that dont support the game are still complaining about Time capsule here -.-
    I LOVE TIME CAPSULE, I can do some cash, pick worth feats or turn on my toon cute!!!
    should we have a new Time Capsule each month .. plz devs make out dreams become true, give us new Teen Titan styles and stuffs
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will be able to. We were not quite ready for today's accidental launch, and that option will follow tomorrow.
    • Like x 6
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm curious if you and SuperHarley do more than just share the same notebook...perhaps the same router too
    • Like x 13
  12. OdinZeusMrPace Level 30

I am highly disappointed in this. I'm so tired of time capsules. They are a money grab and absorb too much space. They drop faster than you can get marks of victory in this game. I've got 10 of them before I got one lockbox and on top of that the capsules along with this useless superman solo has just been a big disappointment to me. I get you guys need to make money but this is ridiculous. to open one capsule for a member its about 3 days to get a stabilizer, in 3 days i'll have over 100 capsules and will only be able to open one.
    • Like x 6
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Buying each one star feat on other toons will cause them to be mailed the corresponding artifact :)
    • Like x 4
  14. hazard099 Active Player

15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Underrated comment award goes to you sir! Take this W. Preach!
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Just open 15 on one toon, and unlock the feat on your other toons
    • Like x 1
  17. Avair Administrator

Hello everyone! Thanks for the spirited discussion surrounding the Kryptonian Time Capsule!

I wanted to jump in here and directly address two sentiments that I don’t believe are true. The first is that we are “not fixing core issues with the game so that we can sell the solutions”. The second is that we are “nerfing players so that we can sell back what we took away”. I can say unequivocally that we have not done either.

One of the stated goals of the artifact system is to create interesting, powerful, and fun choices for players – to specialize. These choices will help players differentiate themselves, their play styles, and add character to their characters. In order to do this we need to create choices.

Choices are created out of having to pick from multiple things that you find desirable. In standard game balance when one option is always the best choice, there is no real choice - you take the best thing or you are “wrong”. It is for that reason that we adjusted Heat Vision to match other iconic abilities. It was simply too powerful as a standard option – it was the only option.

On to the Solar Amplifier. Heat Vision is iconic and cool and useful. We made an upgraded version of it because we wanted to try something new – we wanted to allow players who wished to opt into a playstyle where Heat Vision was a cornerstone of their play, to do so – at the exclusion of other, also optional, good choices. This is exactly what it does. We did not remove a % of the damage and then sell you that back. This item offers far more than a damage adjustment. It offers multiple tiers of visuals, an additional AE effect and an AE power interaction applicator. It’s a more interesting and different option, to contend with other interesting options.

Finally, the Amulet of Rao is an excellent item that helps to bolster a specialty of the Controller role. Remember, artifacts are there to help you specialize into a play style you prefer. One of the things that the Controller does is debuff. They don’t have to do it all the time and they have many other options that make them useful in groups. This item simply allows a Controller who prefers to debuff be able to do so in more situations than they previously could. Hooray, choices!

As always, I appreciate feedback and encourage constructive discussion. I may not post frequently, but I read a lot. Thanks!
    • Like x 12
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it would be nice if they upped the actual stabilizer fragment daily rewards and made the stabilizer event solo. even back when i had my subbed account 6 months ago i didn't like doing the event, and i ESPECIALLY don't like doing it unsubbed, the rewards just aren't enough. 5 for free players (three days to open a stabilizer), 10 for premiums, and a full stabilizer for members. and as a poster above me has stated, for the amount needed of quarks to buy anything from the quark vendor can we seriously just up the quark amount? i get y'all in marketing want to make money off us but even pigs are smart enough to eventually realize that if they don't get the carrot on the stick there ain't no point to chasing after it. adding old capsule styles to the vendor over time starting with the oldest to the newest for a reasonable quark price of say 500 would net them just as much cash as they have now and would keep capsules relevant which seems to be the marketing departments goal. the game developers and the people employed to work on it get their green mile, and we (the pig) get our carrot.
    • Like x 4
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

If we're all about choices, please can you answer the following questions?

1 - Why does each power set only have one supercharge builder?

2 - Why are feats attached to cosmetics such as emblems and auras, thus making them into the kind of false choice you described in your post?

3 - What have you done for players in the last year who would like the choice to play balanced and fun PvP?

Thanks!
    • Like x 12
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Hello Avair,

Heat Vision immediately after revamp was extremely powerful, it got nerfed, you can't really say it didn't whether you want to use the word "nerf" or possibly even "adjusted" let's go with that, either way it was adjusted 'downwards'.

This artifact then boosts that move back up again 'upwards', because it increases the damage out by 10% it then creates additional AE effects.

Whether it was your intention or not you can't blame the players for having a perception that the "powers abilities" are being sold back?

I understand that may not have been your intention and maybe the developers didn't even recall what happened with heat vision immediately after revamp and were wanting to do something cool with a kryptonian based power, but it's hard to see it any other way because of the power you elected to choose, possible inadvertantly, who knows, was one that got quite a significant adjustment post revamp downwards, because of its FOTM over use.

edit; I just thought I'd add as well Avair, I appreciate the desire from the developers to give players choices, it's really good, in fact commendable, however without balance and again I'm not saying you're not trying to balance, players of this game simply aren't going to go for the choices, they're going to go for the artifacts that give the biggest general advantage and cookie cut a loadout to the point where 99% of players are using it and nothing else, hence why it's called cheese.
    • Like x 25