Tell us what auras or materials you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

can you developers PLEEEASE remember my mention of making an aurora borealis aura for Christmas? PLEASE? i would pay for that in a heartbeat on the marketplace!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Wiccanx New Player

A ripple material like a drop of water hitting the surface.
    Glowing material.
    Leather material.
    moving rainbow material.
    pleather material.
    fur material.
    black light effect material.
    Noir material.
    all tintable please.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

So we have all these powers. Now all these auras that 'match' those powers. I recently asked for matching Materials. Now... what's left? How about a second run of power auras? One for the DPS role and one for the class role. e.g. My main is an Earth DPS. So, Terrestial Aura, from the Resurgence Mega Capsule. But yet, no true set aura for when I switch to Tank.

Yes, I could get Sandstorm aura, but I can neither afford that when I see that in broker. And that 12th piece, Portrait of Isis will never be mine financially.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So we got the talking about the ability to wear multiple auras. I thought what if instead of complicating things with 2 Accessories slots in the Style Menu, there were auras that looked like 2 (or more) existing auras slapped together?
    • Like x 2
  5. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Two of the auras together? Like fire and stone to befit a hellstorm character?
    • Like x 2
  6. Jake Parabellum New Player

How about one that lightly flashes every 2 minutes.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sandstorm Aura mixed with Burning aura. Dark Smoke and Dark Flame merged into a unique aura. Or a Nimbus aura of merged with a Radiant aura. There would be endless combinations they could come out with.
    • Like x 1
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i vote for edged glowing material like seen on the brainiac mobs in the shadow lands that's tintable, also please don't put it in an aura but maybe make it a halloween collection/briefing?

[IMG]
  9. Selkie New Player

Was curious if you guys ever considered movement auras/styles.
    I realize there are like jet packs and wings. But what about auras like fire trails, or water trails, or whatever. And what about changing up the disks on skimming with things like hoverboards/boots, a platform, etc. Just a thought.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mr700 New Player

Any chance of a second aura slot? Or a gleaming material?
    • Like x 1
  11. Mr700 New Player

I had that same idea in mind
    • Like x 1
  12. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Although it's been argued back and forth upon the possibility of application, I think everyone can still agree with one want: replacing one color slot with material
    • Like x 2
  13. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I've always had the thought in my head and wanted a second aura slot! So glad others had the same idea.

I'd also love to see a tintable sparking aura or colored variants of it (Red Please).

The movement style auras other have suggested would an amazing addition to the game as well (tintable super-speed lightning please??!).
    • Like x 2
  14. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

More thoughts:
    -Necropolis Material: based on the metallic/glowing objects in the Necropolis on New Genesis and such

-Hard Light material: gear looks like light constructs

-Battle Worn styles: I'm not sure if this would work as a material, or if they'd have to be new styles entirely. BUT, imagine each style, but battle-worn. They have scratches and pieces missing or coming off.
    • Like x 2
  15. EK1975 Well-Known Player

Without QUESTION, make Phoenix Material available SOMEHOW in marketplace or time and space vendor. I have opened over 500 capsules to get the collection, only item i am missing for it is Flaming Phoenix Feather. Help tickets don't work since customer service don't think it's their responsibility. The Amazon capsules are gone, last time I looked in the broker, both feather and material were gone. They are not available anymore. Done. Gone. While some players do have it, it's not fair to the rest of us to make it so rare it's almost impossible to get; and having it (when it was available, and among other items) cost hundreds of millions in the broker is another issue entirely.
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

an astral material based off the astral alloy gear, like the space looking parts with stars and nebulae in it.
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. This is not just directed at Developers, but also people watching this. Because I’m worried this one is just a dumb idea.
    But I’ve seen so many people ask for more alien styles, ones that make your character look less Terran.
    So would it be able to make a material that is organic? Apply this material that is color-change-able to make your outfit or armor look organic?
    If done right:
    - could the Biohunter or Snake chest look like a Reptilian species?
    -Kryptonian chest be silicone-based or crystalline?
    -if you’re looking for an unknown species then maybe chest pieces like Demonic, Eternal, Imperial Insect, Insectoid, Metallow’s Maw, etc
    -the new Reactive Robot limbs, could an organic material make them look like frail alien-grey arms or legs?
    • Like x 2
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Just about every material from retired capsules and booster bundles. Maybe in the quark vendor offer them? Or an anniversary time capsule that has those collection pieces in them? Just the collection pieces for the materials I mean, sure a couple other items, like an outfit style, but the collections are just a revisit from the old material collections?
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Corrupted Material. Inspired by the Elite Herald of the Black style and Void Material.

Perhaps a combination of influences from those and a tintable Negative Speed Force Material.

Would be OP and probably my favourite material of all.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

ok, there are plenty allready in the game: glowing and sequinted are in the MP, just as astral was a skin in the MP, before you made it a material... especially glowing would be a realy nice material if fitting with the glowing skin... also: there is a shield that looks like an orange version of the water skin, representing fire and flames i suppose, wich would be nice as tintable material! anyone got that shield and can show it?