160 artifact on test

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrPlumberman, Jun 9, 2018.

1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

lmao seals are like dirt cheap in MP 4 for like 100 mp like for real ill. i use to play a game that was like this and dcuo is by far super cheap on players with being able to progress. yall should be happy stuff like this isnt much harder to get. they could have made it 1 seal for 1000 mp which is what most MMOrpgs do
  2. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

You're missing the point. By re-balancing content around artifacts they become a core element of progression, which they're then putting behind a paywall.

It doesn't matter if it's $4 or $400.
    • Like x 3
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

nothing in this game is behind a pay wall when u can buy it in the broker just don't rush things like everyone else is doing. be smart with ur money know when to buy and sell and what to sell and what to buy at the right time
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

im pretty sure my alts beat most people with elite gear and full mods and 120 artifacts and dont have any so maybe thats just a damn fine broken power or a damn fine controller iv got in my hands. i dont really care for artifacts anyways u dont really need them when u know all the bugs and what actually gets the job done and its not artifacts lol those are just side kicks
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Mepps please reduce the exp needed, as others stated, its insane.
    Maybe look into a permanent nth exp bonus for legendary or something. And add a chance to earn seal of preservation in game
    Side note, at this point only 1 of my alt's artifact will get worked on :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're so out of touch with the way things work it's hilarious.

Someone had to spend money for those seals to get on the broker
    • Like x 8
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

Well, looks like thats it, our feedback doesnt matter.

I have to thank everyone here for giving their feedback, this is one of the few times that like 99% of us were in the same side, with some divergences that were discussed in a politic way (with 3,4 posts that werent very constructive).

Im going away from this game, now I can say for sure that no matter what we do, they wont stop with their cash grabbing/stupid grinding models.

This response from Mepps was basicaly what i said few posts ago: Go cry in a corner and complain in the forums like we care about your opnion. If this is daybreak's way to keep games online, then ok, every company has the right to do whatever they want. I simply wont support this [expletive], so good luck for everyone who sticks with them, you will need.
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Artifacts are intended to be a long-term project, not something that needs to be or is maxed out quickly or immediately when the max rank increases. We are not balancing content assuming maxed out artifacts.

Nth Metal continues to drop from defeating virtually any NPC in the game, regardless of whether or not you are loot locked, so it's a constant reward for everyone as they play - and that doesn't work if everyone effortlessly and immediately gets all of the XP they want. We hear you when you say it looks daunting, but think that expectation comes from thinking it's necessary to ASAP max out again, and that's not the case or the design.

I have confirmed this rank increase is planned for our next game update, and we'll have details posted shortly in the patch notes.
    • Like x 7
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I see your point. Its just that grind is so much for such little rewards. And then the alts. Oh man, those alts...
    • Like x 5
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Sorry but " nothing behind a pay wall." Yea I don't think so, kinda said it above, I haven't seen the new seal even on the broker (well pc side at least I haven't) so I'm assuming it's not sellable. But literally the only way to get seals in game is to buy them from marketplace/loyalty vendor. Sure yea you can buy them in the broker, but there's no other way to get them without someone buying them from marketplace/loyalty vendor to put them onto the broker, so if those people kept the seals you would have to buy them
    • Like x 2
  11. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

About time people are starting to finally wake up and realize what a cash grab these artifacts are. Wasn't a fan of them to begin with and the longer time goes by they only seem more ridiculous. Can't even begin to look forward to augments as it's likely just going to be another way to nickel and dime us further.
    • Like x 2
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You're missing part of the point Mepps, we get it's long term, but when you have multiple artifacts you want to rank up, across multiple toons, it doesn't look friendly at all, especially for players that want to maximize their performance.

I was under the impression that artifacts were pretty alt friendly, but now I have to rethink that assumption. You can run all the content in the world it's still going to take months to get 717k XP, and then once the rank increases further to 200+, how much XP will be required? Over 3 mill? That could take years. Wouldn't seem so bad if we had just one artifact, but there's many, and we'll continue to get more and more.
    • Like x 14
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This.
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I wouldnt say that content is re balanced around artifacts, you can run around completing end game content with no problems with like 200SP, Beta mods and 2x 80 level Artifacts. Overall content didnt get any harder because of artifacts, I think Devs just added a little more health at Npcs. People just want to have everything right away and then whine they have nothing to do.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I get that it's a time sink, but the way catalysts work and build, not very friendly to have alts let alone more than one artifact. Nth metal drops at all levels loot lock free, but we have to choose which to work with then use those weekly lockout catalysts on.

Something has to give or this really cool feature will turn players away from it.
    • Like x 4
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Thats not the case here. Its the fact that it takes so much nth metal for each artifact. Its impossible at thie rate to keep all your toons up to date. My main will be forever trying to max his 4 Artifacts for dual roles. This is unattractive to me and is a complete turnoff. They should have just stuck with one artifact from the beginning if this is how its going to be.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'm gonna add my two cents to this thread. There needs to be a middle ground here.

I understand that artefacts are intended to be a long-term thing, but what's to stop you from adding Level 180 and Level 200 once we're past EP33 or EP34? And then with that the amount of XP and milestone success chance? The bonuses across relevant Artefacts need to be worth all that grind as well. I mean I guess part of this issue is the question mark of when you guys decide to increase the maximum rank further still, be it the end of this year or sometime in 2019.

Why not have Seals of Preservation drop uncommonly in PVE content? Maybe a chance even of a Seal of Completion? (Similar to Exceptional Recovery Kits dropping in content) I do think either way the success chances of a milestone breakthrough need to be looked at especially if the milestone ranks are increased further still in the future.

Furthermore why not slightly increase the amount of Nth Metal that drops with each content, fairly relative to what is required for the next milestone breakthrough. This would also be helpful. For example an increased chance of a 1000xp Flawless Nth Metal dropping in Spindrift Station as that is the most recent raid and would be helpful for those trying to rank up to the new higher ranks. It's a small thing but could improve this just a bit.

The milestone success chances are what really does this. You more or less have to have a Seal unless you wanna grind certain content for 6 weeks only to have an 80-90% chance of those catalysts going down the drain - for one artefact I might add. The milestone success chances I think definitely needs to be looked at, especially if you are expecting players to grind for these rather long and considerable artefact upgrades.

The amount of players with Rank 160 artefacts will be very, very few - even by the end of the year. For me I don't even have any Rank 120 artefacts yet, let alone be ready for all of this - and I play most days (even though I was off a few weeks in May for holiday).

There's a few things here which need to be looked into for sure.
  18. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I'm not saying content is hard (normal content definitely isn't) but I'm pretty sure it was on a patch note that content was being re-balanced to account for artifacts.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I have also confirmed that with this update, the rate at which you find/get Nth Metal (Artifact XP) will increase as well. We're confirming if that portion of the update is in the build on the test server, but don't believe it is. We will have details and patch notes for that as well.
    • Like x 10
  20. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This is all I wanted to hear.
    • Like x 3