Whats the blue kryptonite crystals for on top of Daily planet?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Snowy OwI, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Because people like to go pew-pew? Gives them something else to just blow up and have regenerate? Kinda like in the Lego games when you go around and bust stuff in order to get the studs... only in this case you only get the satisfaction of having destroyed something.

I try not to read too much into this stuff. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

In Lego, breaking down stuff was part of the experience...

Meh, might as well. Would have been nice if they gave a reason why we would need to do it than just putting it in the open world.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The crystals might be connected to part 3 of DoS.
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Solidified Doomsday farts. Hah! :)

Except that what you're basically saying is that these are Doomsday turds (or byproducts thereof). Wouldn't destroying them cause Doomsday turd dust to fly into the air?
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Destroying them during the raid would have made sense... prevent them from blowing up, causing damage to the group, etc.

Open world? I'll stick by my first answer... "busy loops."
  6. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

We know he can jump very high. Tall vertical leap. Little know fact is that the fart cloud helps propels him into the air. And thus leaving blue crystals on top of buildings.
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

If others don't see an issue it very much should be okay to you as well, shouldn't it?

Also I don't understand your point. The turrets have as much lore to wo with as the crystals have. But since they count for the 99 weekly (which you will 100% do by just doing your dailies) it is somehow okay? To me it seems as if you're contraticting yourself.

I never understood why it is important that feats and lore are somewhat woven together. It was of zero importance of I truly believe the majority of players that spraying some graffiti over another graffiti in RwC. I don't see the importance (lore wise) of destroying vehicles in Alternate Metropolis. The list goes on. There are feats that are not instantly granted and take a while if you won't commit to it right away. What's the harm?
    You can easily just run around doomed Metropolis doing your daily stuff, waiting for a doomsday group or waiting until an instances opens while doing these crystals. Without even trying you could be at 50 right now.

Also if one would be totally lore focussed many feats are ment to make things more difficult. And when in the history of anything would the protagonists purposely make things harder for them and their team just to show off? If you would sabotage Batman in the fight with Brother Eye just to have this extra kick it would be the last time you saw him or the watchtower or anything for that matter. Yeah, lore...

And as for your lore: You know by now that there are doom spores, okay? Now have you ran the Doomsday raid yet? If so, you should know that multiple times it shows a message that you should stay away from doom spore crystals, right? Good. Now judging by that, a lore-interested person knows that spore -> Crystal; and Crystal = bad. Here's your reason for destroying them.

The crystals (that are purple and have spores around them) are as recognizable as starros on the ground that you could stomp on.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

It's not a contradiction. The turrets count, so there is a reason to see it in the feat counter. Just like killing reapers in CC. Just like the imps in Gotham Wasteland. These crystals suddenly appear and there is a feat? WHY?

Because Lore is part of immersion. I'm glad you enjoy the game for the action part, but the lure of the game is DC comics and the Lore that goes with it.

Feats and Objectives should 100% relate to the Lore/Gameplay. If it doesn't, it is jarring and breaks immersion.
    • Like x 3
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

As I mentioned in my post, and Zneeak mentioned in his, I do see why we need to destroy the crystals. And don't assume just because I said this is no biggie and that I see lore in them, that I am not interested in story. I love lore and I mostly read everything lore- and background-related for many games I play. I just don't see what the fuzz is about with the crystals.

And again, the turrets have no more lore to them than the crystals or the central city reapers. But because they don't only count for themselves but for another quest, it's suddenly okay? Hmmm right.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

You have to kill reapers to do the open world objectives in Central City.
    You have to kill turrets or enemies in general to do the open world objectives in Doomed Metro.
    You literally have to kick imps to do an objective in Gotham Wasteland.
    You... uh... hmmm you have these crystals see, that hurt you if you get too close but I'm not sure why we have to hit them... But there is a feat. So whatevs...

It doesn't make sense. In a LORE driven game, why add something that doesn't mix into the story or objectives?! That appeared in a second part for no apparent reason!
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually you don't have to kick the imps around the Knightsdome in Gotham Wasteland for any other reason than to get the feat. You still get credit for the mission even if you don't kick them.

Is it fun to kick them and send them flying? Absolutely! :D But the only objective you accomplish by kicking them is getting the feat. Pretty much the same thing as taking out the crystals.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

No hard feelings but it seems to me that just because of the sheer principle that the crystals - even though they have lore - are not related to any other daily or weekly quest objectives they are bad? Jesus Christ... BB I do like some of your points of view but this is just beyond rediculous. It's not the first time we have those feats and it will be certainly not be the last time. And since it seems to me as if this is about a principle of yours, just tell me where's the point of arguing anymore? Anyone who has principles like this can't be argued with about his kind of topics :p

Besides, how many of these grinding feats did you honestly - really honestly - just do by doing your daily quests? I am confidant there aren't many you did that way. The moment you start doing things just for a feat and not for any other objective anymore you're devaluing your own argument. I seriously doubt that you did all your central city dailies up until the 5k Reaper feat popped up. I am pretty sure you made a group for that, right? There is your lore. Still there but the purpose it had (in your eyes) for the feat just disappeared.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

No... because you are at least doing the objective to get to that point. The crystals are just there. Nothing to go deal with them.

But I did misremember the steps to getting the feat. You do have an objective to fight them though. The starro one is closer to the crystal feat. And sure as heck the same with the stupid tagging feat.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It's not even a principle at this point.

It goes with my thread of what holds me. Feats like this are unimaginative and creates this moment of why? Even the craft feats have a reason to do them for stats, but this, the starro stomp, and the spray paint don't really have a whole lot going for them other than time wasters so they have a feat quota to fill.

As for longevity of the feats, no, I don't think anyone did. Which is a different problem that I think everyone is feeling the exhaustion to.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There. Is. No. Damn. Lore. Regarding the Crystalized farts, they are just there! They hurt you if you get too close for too long, and, instead of people just doing the sensible thing and avoiding them, the DEVs simply tacked on a Feat with no explanation nor rhyme or reason!!
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Loving the on going argument about how terrible the idea is behind this feat. It's a feat. Well to be more precise it is 3 feats. 10 feta points for destroying 50, another 10 for 100 and the 25 for defeating 150. The horror right? And since when is that ant different than dozens of other feats we have had the ability to earn in game?

Below 30 level I can access the console and wander the streets of Gotham and Metropolis clicking on kiosks so Booster Gold can tell me all about things like the Metrodome or Ace Chemical. How exactly is being bored silly by Booster while I grab additional XP and even a few armor drop tie in the "LORE" of the CD multiverse? We get 50 feat points for doing all the ones in Metropolis and another 50 for all the one's in Gotham.. As long as you are a little bit careful you can earn a skill point and never fore off an attack at all.

While on that subject .. Exploration! 10 feat points for every zone we "explore" in Gotham or Metropolis and another 50 feta points for exploring every zone in each city. Sure as a hero we should know our way around the city so we know where to go when trouble occurs but shouldn't that be something the JLA sets up and runs us through a tour BEFORE we head out into the city to battle evil?

Let's talk styles shall we? I can and have emailed a new alt I created in game cash and made a trip to the Watch tower and hit up the style Vendors in the war room. Next you hit each and every safe house and but the gear those vendors sell and you can obtain a number of style without completing a single mission or attacking a single thing. You just got feat points for being able to shop successfully. Styles in general .. Yeah the argument can be made that you had to complete missions to get the marks you need to buy that gear .. but when you buy that last piece of a style and get 10, 25 or even 50 feat points for having all 8 pieces.. You git a feat for shopping AGAIN.

The "crystals are there because Doomsday was there.. they show up in the raid and we are even warned to stay away because they will damage us. Seems like a perfectly good idea with that knowledge in mind to find and destroy any laying around in the city.. Hey if they can damage us what will they do to a normal citizen with no super powers? As already mentioned this is no different than clicking on the Starro spores scattered around Central City in the Deluge zone. Are they a huge threat to us at that point? No Is it possible to find and click a whole lot of them without ever engaging in combat? Yes But hey they are spores and if we don't pick them up and do some thing with them will they eventually grow up and become more Full Grown Starros that have an agro range of half a mile? Those things can injure and even knock us out so MAYBE its a good idea to get rid of them before they get bigger and attack even more citizens?

Bottom line is they hand out feats. And with the massive obsession we all have with SP since the revamp the vast majority of players will take the time to complete just about any feat they can to get that SP total higher. Hell at this point if they stuck a little old lady on a street corner in Metropolis and you got 10 feat points to hold her hand and help her across the street.. 10 FP for helping her 10 time , 10 for helping her 25 times and 15 FP for helping her across the street 50 times.. we'd have hordes of players camped out at those spawn points waiting for her to reappear. Titles for the feats? Cub Scout for helping her ten times. Boy Scout for helping 25 times and Eagle Scout for 50 times. God help us Devs please do not take that as a serious suggestion LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

That sounds like the hero version...the villain version would be pushing her in front of a moving vehicle :p
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Might I suggest you howl it to the moon, you're already halfway there :p
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL THAT or you could just run up behind her, grab her purse and knock her to the ground. Cmon she's some bodies Granny .. even most villains have a grassy the love.. MOST not all :D
  20. velvetsanity Loyal Player

What nobody’s mentioned yet is that she’s *actually* Granny Goodness.... (plot twist! :D)