For Those Who've Been Here Since The Beginning

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, May 31, 2018.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What is something you miss about the first few months of this game? For me it was the separate servers and the rivalries between them. I was in No Man's Land(PVP). Also, the heroes vs villain open world battles. One or the other would run up the other's safehouse and a battle would ensue. Some of my favorites happened in Metropolis where the fight would start in front of the Midtown villain safehouse and stretch into Centennial Park. Dozens of players fighting. It was glorious. Also, in the PVP servers, was the sport of ganking lowbies. Hated it as a lowbie but loved it as a higher player but I would never gank a lowbie in a mission area. I miss those days. So much better than now.
    • Like x 4
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

The old Ring War battles! Good ones were awesome!

Fighting through Kahndaq or the Batcave raids when they were TOUGH/LONG

Old PVP mechanics (rock, paper, scissor style)
    • Like x 8
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I miss reading about DCUO from PC Gamer and thinking, "ugh, looks pretty lame."

Then, 3 years later, here I was.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

The raids on police stations were always fun. Start with a handful of people and before too long, you had hundreds going at it.

The "PvP rock" was fun, too. Ganked so many PvE noobs with that one.
    • Like x 2
  5. Saami Loyal Player

PvP was big part of game and better than now.
    I hated Batcave raids visuals, but gameplay was pretty solid. Few irritating bugs tho. Especially in inner cave. Which made it even more harder.
    Less players per server, but more connected. Like a big "happy" family.
    Real life money didnt give you any help. All players were equal when game was pure subsribe.
    • Like x 3
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

You don’t mean the old Moon Base PVP arena with the rock to transport do you?
  7. Saami Loyal Player

I think he means blueish rock you can found (still?) in Gotham. When you picked it up it turned your pvp flag on.
    • Like x 5
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Definitely the raids on Hideouts and the PvP rock in Gotham <3
    • Like x 5
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Those Pvp meteorites were still dropping in Metropolis when I started playing in 2014. I wish I could have seen my face when I first picked one up. :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Those would be the ones, yes. I seem to remember a patch note about them no longer turning flags on.
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

Open world PvP battles
    When content was actually good , challenging and people didn’t complain it was too hard all the time (FOS 2, Nex and Para etc)
    Full , active leagues , league alliances
    When the game wasn’t catered for cry babies and whales.
    • Like x 12
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

^^ pretty much this.
    • Like x 8
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

didn't start from the beginning but did start playing in late 2011...what I miss was no mods for gear. Stryker island was t1 alert but hard, Inner Batcave was almost nearly impossible to beat because everyone would quit on the first boss. PVP was fun, the mechanics were pretty simple and it worked.

What I don't miss, each tier had it's own marks, and the solos you had to go to the watch tower get the mission, then head into the cities and head to the area to complete, then head back to watch tower to get the mark. Trying doing the 500 times, wasn't fun. The solos were basically only tier 1 solos, no t2 or t3 solos.
    • Like x 1
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

separate servers. Blood Will Run 4life!!!

When pvp was actually fun. Now its like fighting neck deep in sewage.

Stealthing in gadgets and disrupting villains doing races and missions.

Raids were actually fun. Raids were actually something to look forward to pre-replay badge era. Missed a week? One week behind on T1/T2 gear etc.

All out assaults at assorted villain HQ and night clubs, or at some random locale.

Gank-o-mania running wild.
    • Like x 2
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Amen.
    • Like x 2
  16. TestReporter Loyal Player

^
    • Like x 1
  17. Masm Active Player

I miss having more activity with the large scale Gotham and Metro, opposed to the instanced off areas.

I would love to see a revamp of that. Perhaps make the Original Episode involving Brainiac part of a AI simulation where they can phase back to that style Goth/Metro.
  18. Unida Dedicated Player

i think the overall direction of the game has just lost people in droves over the last 4-5 years.

in the beginning it was hella fun, it wasnt over complicated, leagues were plentiful, pvp rocked, raids were challenging, people did stuff in open world.... people were out being heroes.

now, its almost completely the opposite.

i sometimes watch the live streams around content (completely avoid the ones about time capsules and all the other stuff that nobody really wants) and am constantly amazed at how underwhelming the content progression is and how overboard excited the presenters are. it's like stockholm syndrome where a bad game has taken over the devs and they love it for it...

we used to have really high active league member count and even the most dedicated have ditched due to lack of interest and questionable direction. the time sink and content locking element combined with tc and weak content have just rekt this game.

so in short, i guess i miss the starting enthusiasm and honesty that existed prior to them trying to get every last cent out of a dwindling user base and all the mechanics that entails. also the extended time between content a couple of years back was a killer too.
    • Like x 5
  19. FaLeX Dedicated Player

This...

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

This has to be one of the most accurate, yet depressing, dialogs I have read in a long time here on the forums. The DEVs should give you a cookie or something, seriously.

I realize the "new" of the game wore off years ago, and what players at one time found enjoyable, may be seen now after years of play, as repetitive and boring, unfortunately far too often that "repetitive and boring" description could be widely accepted as referring to current content.

Personally, I wish they would focus far more on our adventure, our advancement, making it a rewarding experience to be had by all, and focus less on how we look, picking our pockets with terrible RNG odds to get styles we would like to have.

Sadly, I wish they could find a happy medium between making a profit, and producing a quality product. It seems profit is the primary focus now, with little to no interest in actually giving players a rewarding, fun experience for their monthly bucks...

To make it worse, the DEVs don't respond to threads like these, they don't acknowledge our disbelief in how far the game has fallen, or counter punch against the things that they think they are doing well... continuing down the same path, month after month, missing DLC after missing DLC, the game is becoming nothing but a con mans shell game where they hide pretty outfits and make us guess as to how much we must spend to acquire them.
    • Like x 1