Aaaannndd they're here.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shark Dental, May 30, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Honestly, they should move towards converting it to a TV show, that’d be the *real* test of how good it is.
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Not going to start an argument here, some people apparently like the base items and cosmetics from the marketplace. I find then to be crap. Also, you're not expected to spend anything. As I mentioned before, you can a) get the stuff from others that bought it and b) you could also just rerun all the catalyst instances again and again. Maybe with RBs.
    Also, as long as others can buy the stuff and put it on the broker, I have no issues with it whatsover. If people want so spend their DBC on stuff to sell, so be it. If it was for me, every single Marketplace Item would be tradable...

Sure people are allowed to complain about how they "have to" spend their stuff on the game. I personally just don't give a cr*p. All cool :)
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

I have exhausted the topic of "pay to win" on these forums. As long as you don't need it, it's not pay to win.
    The devs will not be so stupid to reduce the chances to 0.x% for further artifacts so it comes close to zero. As long as that's not happening, all is good. No need to argue here. You feel like they will be that stupid, I just don't believe it. There were many cases where people thought the end is near. And then it wasn't.

I also don't believe that will will see that many more breakthroughs with our artifacts.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you follow the pattern they're doing, you'll see how people come to the conclusion of more breakthroughs happening:

0-39- white
    40-79- green
    80-119- blue
    120-159- purple(?)

If they go further and make the artifacts gold, it can easily hit 200, don't be so quick to dismiss people's theories
    • Like x 1
  5. Leafy Committed Player

I prefer platinum.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I respect your right to have that opinion, and I also don't want to argue. Thanks for expressing yourself so respectfully and clearly.

How much of a percentage should artifacts have before you "need them?" A 50% boost to supercharge generation? 10% more might than others who don't have them? 25% more power regen than others who don't have them?

Where's the line where the advantage of having high-ranked artifacts becomes unfair to those who don't have them? Or do you mean that they're not necessary because you can beat content, even if your play is severly hampered without them?

I'm not sure if you mean that you don't need these items because you can rerun the catalyst instances, purchase catalysts off the broker (in the case of subscribers), purchase seals off the broker, etc. etc. Well, that's a valid point, currently, for SOME people. You can use alts to farm the stuff, and subscribers (not premium) can pick up seals for about 1 mil, and I imagine if these new items are tradeable, for around 5-10 mil. But not everyone has that kind of cash. So their gameplay should suffer because they can't PURCHASE stats?

At the moment, it's not a huge deal, because even 40% gives you a success rate of about 2.5 tries on average. But at 20% (next breakthrough level, I'm sure). You're looking at a minimum of 5 tries on average. So when will you REASONABLY "need" these guaranteed breakthrough items, in your eyes? Or never?

Please understand the caps aren't shouting, I only use them to highlight certain words, probably should just use bold text maybe, sorry. Again, I also understand and respect that some people like this system, and that's fine. I simply dislike stats and important boosts being tied behind paywalls in the first place.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

I define need as an addition without which you can't perform at all. I don't think this game is heading in that direction. If you ask me, the increase will be only in the one-digit-range. But that is as good as a guess than any.

There might be some rotations that only certain artifacts would make possible (mainly looking at the potential of the Omegahedron) but as long as others work, too, that's okay.

I totally understand the fear that comes with certain changes, and I too think that this could go in the wrong direction. I just don't feel like the devs are that dumb. TCs are one thing, but pushing Artifacts to be real game changers (which they are not atm) would be stupid.

Also, atm I don't feel severely hampered without any artifacts. There is not a single one right now that is absolutely needed for any rotation imo.

Basically - to an extent - yes. Of course everyone is free to play how they want. So if anyone says they will never spend money on these items, then premiums can farm Cats every week until they succeed, occationally spend money to get an unlimited escrow for seven days or - like a leaguemate did it: Give someone else the rare stuff to sell and use them as your bank. I was that bank and it worked really good. He only said me how high I should price items and what to buy for him. Was cool.
    Legendary players can also just farm cats, they will eventually make money to spend on these Seals, they can use their monthly DBC or they can use Sales to get stuff cheaper or spend some extra money regardless.
    In the end, everyone has basically four different choices of whom all individual players can make the choice that fits them most. And in the process accept everything that goes along with that choice.

I for one will be the latter one. I will spend my ingame money (which is absurdly easy to get without playing the broker 24/7) and from time to time I will drop a few bucks for my convenience.

See my personal view above. You can make things happen quicker, or don't. It's all the same to other players basically. The difference between 80 and 120 bonuses (the interesting ones) are very small. So will be the differences between 120 and e.g. 140 and so on.

Granted, I might seem a bit single minded and egocentric and whilte I understand that it can be a hard grind for some people, it is still by choice. The options to hasten the process are there.
    And let's be honest, people who buy the seals and re-sell them on the broker don't do it because they are forced but because they have the cash, don't want to spend it in any other way and want to make some ingame cash. I gladly help them with that.

All good mate. :) I too would like it if the catalysts weren't on a weekly lockout or if they were open wold sources. I really do. Artifacts could have been the first step to a well-thought crafting system that we desperately need. Sadly, we have to deal with them now.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

this is systematic..
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I was hoping so but for the ones that cannot wait and have to have it now. They will be able to buy these things if they want to. I might buy some here and there now. Before this I was camping my artifacts at 80 because of some of the threads about 10-11 fails in a row on a 40-50% breakthrough. Now I will at least be able to break through and know that I can do it with these Seals of Corruption xD. All jokes aside. I was really hoping that they would make the breakthrough percentages adjustable based on the exp earned.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I really like that idea. Instead of having to buy seals, we could have the option to use our nth metal to increase our percentages slightly as we get more nth metal experience. That would be awesome! :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think that they could do that and have the seals. It would help players that are on a budget and give them an incentive to play instead of feeling locked out by a paywall.
    • Like x 1
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

You're welcome. I spent way longer on this than I should have, LOL.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

I always thought the breakthrough chance should’ve been adjustable...

For example:

7 , 6 , 5 (catalysts) = 40% chance

but if you could add extra catalysts...

9 , 8 , 7 (cats.) = 50% chance

**number of catalysts just off the top of my head for demonstration

Obviously it’d get ridiculously high if it went up to 100%, so maybe a max breakthrough at a certain point...but I’d run the crap out of stuff to get the highest chance possible, lol :p
    • Like x 3
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This could've been a cool idea.
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Didn’t Constantine say something about Sunstone shards(or something Superman related) also? We haven’t even seen them yet...
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Those stories about 10-11 fails in a row are edge cases at best. If it was that rampant there would be more threads more often crying about that level of fail rates. Everyone's luck will be different. I've gotten a few to level 100 with only 1 or 2 failures. And for the two artifacts I got to 120 it only took a max of 3 tries. Everyone's mileage will vary.
    • Like x 1
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know that they are outliers just as you do but I don't like the possibility of being one of those outliers.

I can tell you from experience working numbers in certain areas of gambling since the eighties. When more & more gambling / RNG started becoming computerized the outliers started happening a lot more frequently. The deal with that is the people in charge don't really know what is going on. It's the guys programming the RNG that might be doing things in spite. Trying to cause fails or wins on purpose. This kind of thing happens more frequently than everyone realizes. The thing is when this happens no one hears about it because it gets swept under the rug.

For example, If you take you time to research the number of times people from the inside of state lotteries have scammed the system you would be surprised. There have been a couple multiple state lottery scams that happened within the past few months that should have been big news but the powers that be shut that info down ASAP. I'm talking millions of dollars too.

I'm not saying that it happens here but we never know and we would never now because that info would be squashed in a NY minute. xD

The only thing a bad luck limiter would do is keep everyone honest.
    Then by doing that no one could scream...... They ( DCUO ) are trying to swindle all our money with these things.
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Bad luck limiters can be rigged too you know...just sayin'...
    • Like x 1
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's what I thought too. More so with EXP not catalysts but either way would get players playing more to get the percentages up higher on the breakthrough chances.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Just peeked at NW's augment system and got terrified. I really, really hope that isn't what's coming.

Probably not. But I really, really hope not.