Tank aggro

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Cryo boy, May 28, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

That's fine as long as you have amazonian deflection on your loadout so you become rooted in place
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Ohhhh so I just can move! Ok ill give it another shot.
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

So a soda would cancel it?
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Everything that moves you out of block. However I believe you can't drink a soder while in AD, haven't tested it. However if you for example "misclick" and do a ranged or melee weapon attack, you're kicked out of it. Also you don't have auto-control immunity while in AD. So a boss that knocks you back also breaks AD. That's why I always ran with a breakout trinket ^^
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Also moving cancels it ^^ You're stuck in place for the duration but during that time, you're almost invincible ;)
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Just to add. It's a 100% shield that gives you godmode. :)
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Shields have cap even Amazon Deflection. Otherwise folks could block intended game mechanical one shots. It's strong but is more situatuional.

From dev: Moja during revamp notes. "Amazonian Deflection has a cap, but it's very high - higher than other shields (to account for the 6s "channel" time of the ability). For comparison, it should absorb about 2.3x as much damage as Winter Ward."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ats-revamp-1-5-iconic-abilities.285525/page-2
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Also...iirc, if you push the block button, you also cancel it.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  10. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

So last night I was running Demon claws elite and I could not pull certain adds of my healer. It wasnt any of the claws but it was an "elite" add. High health pool and dominance high enough that my pull didnt work. The weird part is I would hit him with my pull like 3 times (I was surrounded by adds so I couldn't just walk over). The add that was on my healer just ignored me until the healer died. This happened multiple times. The healer didnt die everytime but the add would do multiple martial arts combos not just finish his attack and come to me. Is this intended or was there something I should have done.
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Demons plan elite
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Probably intended. Especially if it's the one I'm thinking... power fist or something or other. They get a skull over their head and pretty much ignore anything you do to them, including stuns and knockbacks.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Certain adds you can't pull no matter what.
    Also on the flip side, if there are things between you and the add you many times have to jump and pull.

Assuming you're Ice by your name?
  14. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I am Ice. I have discovered they just bounced off teammates or objects inbetween us. Jump pull is a good tip ill do that. But yeah this add straight up ignored me. Which I know if they are in the middle of an attack and I taunt they will finish their attack. But this dude kept attacking until he or the healer died even thru 3-5 taunts.
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There are probably several factors that can come into play...
    1. Some adds, as you and others have noted, simply cannot be pulled and that is by design (eg, Warders and Asphyxiators in Spindrift Station). These adds also cannot be stunned by a controller, though they can be debuffed. They have scripted missions that they must perform and nothing will deter them.
    2. Sometimes you have something in between you and the add you are attempting to pull, so it makes it that the add can ignore you... again, as you noted.
    3. Dominance close to or lower than the enemy's willpower... which is in the tool tip description of what the stat is used for at higher levels. While your gear should put you above the minimum necessary, some specific adds may need a bit more and that will get them to quote Stompa, "Stop that, you gnat!"
    4. As the guide that Korlik linked in says, maybe also the tank has more than 8 enemies, or maybe failed to renew the taunt within that critical time window.
    Item 1 is the most likely scenario.
    • Like x 1
  16. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I cant recall the name of the add but I do remember noting that it was the same add everytime. So I do think it was one of thlse adds you described.
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah, you likely had an add you can't pull.
    While you can't pull them, You can certainly grab their aggro and if they are doing a scripted attack they will eventually come back to them. Many moves and Ice tank does has a mid sized AOE (about the size of Sorcery's Circle) If there is something between you and the add (teammates, objects etc..) the best thing to do is a jump pull. It will either pull them, or at least in this case get the aggro to you.

Healers and trolls tend to stay back...which is good. BUT when adds appear behind the group the healer is most of the time going to be #1 on their hate table. It won't be altered until 1 of a few things happens.. Sufficient damage is done to them by a dps (thus moving up the hate table) or the aggro is grabbed by the tank (making the tank #1 on the hate table) and thus them coming to you.

My guess is similar to Darth as it was an add you cannot pull. + If there was something between you and the add, if you didn't actually hit it with a superpower you never actually got it's aggro and it went after the highest thing on the hate table.
  18. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

The only part about that I dont get is while I didnt jump pull and it was not an add I could pull anyways I was def hitting it with a super power. I spammed the pull multiple times and did yellow damage to the add multiple times. He just never came my way. I'll just treat it as an outlier for now. I was considering adding an aoe damage move but I'm just not sure what I'd want to take out atm. Maybe shatter restraints and save reflect for when I'm getting juggled.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Some things are scripted.

If you can't pull an add then it's usually because

A. Its resisting this can happen if you over cc or over pull or can just happen from time to time and the npc will usually pull on the second attempt.

B. It can never be pulled

Group members need to be aware of scripted npc or immune ones.

It's not your job to tank stupidity when people don't want to understand they need to move themselves or block etc to protect themselves. ;)

What I like the most is that you're in here showing a desire too learn it's a pretty refreshing change tbh.
    • Like x 3
  20. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Thanks for the info. I'll just start calling those dudes out for the dps to focus fire on. Yeah I was wondering why the healer didnt block too haha.
    • Like x 2