Login Issue - May 22, 2018

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACLATIN1 New Player

Um yeah this isn't the first or second day its been like a week now. If they don't know what's wrong by now maybe they should hire someone that can. Instead of working all this out on my dime. Sorry not a brown noser. I like to get the services I pay for.
    • Like x 1
  2. RavenSW Well-Known Player

I would hope that this will give cause to extend events a bit, and throwing something to players that have been effected. Yeah, it stinks that this is happening, but it shouldn't be to difficult to make things right. Extend events, maybe something like a ten pack of stabilizers should be sufficient compensation. Maybe extend memberships a few days. Doesn't cost the company much to keep players happy.

I say this as a former player that had walked away for a few years, I have been impressed with the way they have brought this back, at least for me. I believe they can and will make this right.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ra1ph Hink1ey New Player

If H1Z1 is causing the problems then why don't they take it down so everything else works fine. It's an open beta and clearly there are issues that need to be resolved.
    • Like x 3
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You just don't get it. First of all, this is something they did not foresee. When you release something to production/public beta you believe you have all of the major issues worked out. Unfortunately there are some issues that are not revealed until you put the product under the actual stress of a production environment. There is only so far artificial load testing can accomplish in a QA environment. Right now, you probably have the VP of Operations with every one of his or her direct reports on some kind of conference call. Add to that a bunch of team leads who are all sitting there trying to analyze stuff while upper management is not only looking over their shoulders but breathing down their necks. Those team leads and their engineers are sitting there wishing they had 5 minutes to just go for a bio break, and maybe for some space so they can try to figure out what's going on and not have management asking for updates every 2 minutes.

Now, when you're talking about the upgrade of a product, they can roll it back. When you're talking about the launch of a brand new one, to roll the change back would basically mean shutting it down or restricting access. This is not what anyone wants to do, and believe me... if it comes to that there will be a very hot spot for someone or several someones... they can choose to occupy it in a seated or a standing position.

In the meantime, if you send me an address I'll send you some salve for your hurt butt... because you are quite obviously incapable of attempting to even understand what is going on at DBG right now.
    • Like x 3
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

DCUO would not be the only property impacted by this. If you look at their server status page you will see that they have DCUO, EverQuest, EverQuest II, H1Z1, Just Survive, and PlanetSide 2. Likely, all of them (or at least any PSN-related parts) are being impacted. That would mean they've got a lot of disgruntled customers right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shotti Bloodangel New Player

This was stupid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mister Der New Player

Looking at the server status of all of Daybreak's games, we are not the only community filled with ire and despair. I do hope we get some compensation; I bought a month's subscription to unlock a bunch of promethium lockboxes.
  8. sayow55 Well-Known Player

530pm Az time, still can't get on. Any updates?
  9. MACLATIN1 New Player

MACLATIN1 Inbox 2 Alerts 26 Log Out

Home
    Forums
    >
    Daily Planet News
    >
    Announcements
    >
    Forum Guidelines
    Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status: Not open for further replies.
    Watch Thread
    Mepps
    Sr. Community Manager

Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines

1) Be respectful and courteous - The purpose of these Forums and other official, Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels is to create a positive and constructive atmosphere for discussion about Daybreak Games Games and topics meaningful to our communities. While we may at times disagree with one another, it is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect so that all voices may be heard. Disagreements with others are acceptable, but must be expressed in a reasonable and polite manner.

2) Communicate constructively - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.

A few examples of non-constructive communication are as follows:

Off-topic commentary for specific forum - topics or conversation inappropriate for a particular area is unlikely to be seen by the intended audience and can spawn distracting and non-productive discussions, as well as splitting otherwise useful discussions into multiple channels. Political, religious, or legal discussions are considered non constructive on Official Daybreak Games Forums.
    Spam - communication without meaningful content that does not add to the conversation. Some examples are: +1, first, bump, /agree, etc.
    Cross-posting - posting the same topic or conversation repeatedly and/or across multiple avenues of communication in an attempt to gain attention for an issue. This splits conversation into multiple channels. If a conversation is relevant to multiple groups, players may post a link to the main conversation. We also do not allow posting a new thread on a topic that is already being discussed, as it spreads conversation out and makes it harder to gather the appropriate feedback.
    Naming/Accusing - Openly accusing another player or group of misbehavior results in non-constructive discussion and is not allowed. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not allowed. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please submit a ticket to Customer Service for investigation.
    Disrupting Official Threads - these are created to gather feedback on specific issues or topics relevant to Daybreak Games. Do not post about other topics, or use the thread as a platform to attempt to advance another agenda.
    Polling/Petitioning – The creation of petitions or polls are not permitted in Daybreak Games communications channels.
    3) Do not troll or make personal attacks - Trolling and attacking others is not allowed on Daybreak Games Forums or other Daybreak Games-maintained communication channels.

Trolling is posting provocatively with reasonable expectation of provoking an emotional response (intentional or not). Trolling can include:
    Non-constructive feedback or comments.
    Nerf Calls - Openly calling for "Nerfs" (blanket reductions to abilities) is not allowed. If you feel something is overpowered or needs to be toned back, post your constructive comments and explanations.
    Accusing Others of Trolling - Calling someone a troll or accusing them of trolling is a form of trolling in itself. If you feel someone is behaving in a manner not consistent with these rules, please use the "Report this post to a Moderator" function on the forums.
    Excessive Reporting of Posts - Using the "Report this post to a Moderator" function of the forums to draw attention to a specific cause, to target an individual or to bypass a forum suspension or ban is considered trolling, particularly if it is used frequently for the purpose.
    Personal attacks - Do not insult, degrade or criticize any person or group of people. Personal attacks are hurtful, often lead to response in kind and destroy useful discussion.
    Examples of personal attacks include calling someone stupid, saying "You suck," "I wish you would die," or "You should be fired."
    Attacking groups of people, companies, and other countries is similarly prohibited.
    Attacks specifically regarding race, religion or sexual orientation are grounds for immediate suspension or banning.
    4) Do not reveal account information- While most areas of our games are valid topics for discussion, Customer Service (GM) interactions are sensitive, due to privacy concerns. If discussing CS interactions, the comments must be kept constructive, civil and without revealing personal or account information.

5) Profanity - Because Daybreak Games appeals to a broad audience, the use of profanity is not permissible in any Daybreak Games communication medium. Do not intentionally evade the word filter or partially mask profanity by the substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear. Either use all symbols or find another word choice (preferable). Do not include profanity or inappropriate links or images.

6) Signatures are welcome - Daybreak Games forums allow posters to use custom signatures. The current maximum size allowed for a signature is 350px tall, 500px wide (including any text) and1500KB. Any signatures considered inappropriate may be removed. Repeated violations may result in the removal of your ability to use custom signatures.

7) Abide by moderator direction - If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Contact a member of the Community team and clearly state your concerns.

These rules are not comprehensive and are provided as a general outline of conduct for Daybreak Games-maintained forums and communication channels. Failure to follow these rules or any direction from Daybreak Games staff or volunteers may result in your posting privileges being suspended, either temporarily or permanently.
    Like x 41 List Like
    Mepps
    DCUO Community Manager
    @DCUO | Facebook | Twitch TV | YouTube | Contact Support
    Mepps, Feb 14, 2013 Report#1Last edited by Mepps, Nov 28, 2017
    Mepps
    Sr. Community Manager

New accounts will only be able to post on the forums if that account has logged into the game at least once. New PlayStation and Xbox One players will now find a PSN or Xbox login option at the top of the page.

Existing accounts are not impacted.

We have made this change to prevent spam and other issues that arise from having virtually unlimited access to new accounts.
    Like x 3 List Like
    Mepps
    DCUO Community Manager
    Mepps, Feb 1, 2017 Report#2
    Mepps
    Sr. Community Manager

Players who accumulate an excessive number of warnings/guidelines violations may have their forum access restricted, up to and including suspension and permanent bans. Please review the forum guidelines above if you have any questions, and take the time to read any warnings issued.
    Like x 5 List Like
    Mepps
    DCUO Community Manager
    Mepps, Apr 18, 2017 Report#3
    (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
    Thread Status: Not open for further replies.