checking on Dots

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Scarlet Morrigan, May 21, 2018.

1. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

How many DoTs can a single player place on a target at one time?
    Do other players with the same power set cancel out each others DoTs? (like 2 Nature players in an duo)
    Can players with different power sets but with same Power Interactions cancel each other out (like Fire and Munitions both have burning PI)?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As many as you possibly can within cooldown and length of DoT restrictions.

No, they stack.

No, they work off each other, two players can utilize the same PI no issues
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

It used to be that two of the same exact power would cancel eachother out. So that's not the case anymore? Two infernos can tick at the same time?
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

Two Inferno, two Briar, two Vine Lash, can't spread other players poisons with your own harvest, two nature healers = six to eight pheromones, can't profit from another players burning PI and you don't overwrite other PIs with your own. Yeah it has been like this for a couple of years iIrc.
    • Like x 1
  5. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

So if a Fire player drops Inferno, and a Gadgets toon sprays Fear Gas and a Munitions character hits the 50 Cal, the Gadget and Munitions players don't deal extra damage because the Fire dude started it all "burning" with Inferno?
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They all benefit from the PI, the fire dps was just the first one to put it out
    • Like x 1
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea i forgot about that update. Nothing overwrites anymore.

I put up a lot of dots with ice sometimes:

Wintry tempest
    Cold snap
    Bitter winds
    Ice devil
    Robot sidekick

Then i pop sidekick and Boo

All that while smokebombing lololol
  8. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

Thanks for the info.