102 pvp gear

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by fm0987, Apr 11, 2018.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

I'm just finishing up the 101 gear finally (2 pieces left), do you think we'll see a new set any time soon (or ever, lol)? I'm sure this has all been discussed in depth already, but anyway I mean obviously before any new gear there needs to be some major adjustments to arenas in terms of balance and power spam, unblockable abilities etc etc, which idk if it's even possible with the changes from the stat revamp I'm just curious because once I get the full 101 set, it's not like I'm gonna keep grinding pvp in it's current state. And at this point I've pretty much lost all interest pve wise. Every episode feels more or less exactly the same copy and paste formula they all follow, nothing feels new or creative really. If pvp isn't getting updated anytime soon, I might as well just delete the game at this point, not really even sure why I'm bothering to finish the 101 set since it seems like that's the case. Anyway, enough rambling lol. I was thinking if they do ever update it, some new maps would be cool, or somehow a new open world map or something where you could also earn marks instead of arenas or legends all the time.
    • Like x 2
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

I doubt PVP is getting any significant updates in the short term considering how long it's taking to do things like style unlocking.

If Devs did just toss out a set of 102 head w/o addressing any of the remaining problems in PVP, that would be a pretty serious error.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Nah. Need something else to do. It's not the PvP we want, but it's PvP. :)

Legends really isn't that bad compared to arenas.

Plus, it has been to long to have nothing to work towards with PvP. The suicide squid movie was the last time they gave us a new set of gear. I still have VIII mods in them.

Regardless of content or fixes, there needs to be something to work towards. Months, and years of nothing is getting old.
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

I disagree only as a matter perspective. To me, journey is just as important as the destination. If all you care about is getting the next thing and you don't care how crappy the road....then okay, you're right. But if having fun along the way matters, then no, just moving the goal means getting back on a crappy road. .Hard pass for me.
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I get it, but if you've been here since the beginning of this game. Broken or messed up content or play is just adapted to. I mean, we do the same thing in PvE. We ran AF3 while the revamp was going on. We didn't stop playing even though electric and nature dps were broken.

If we didn't run content because things were broken, we wouldn't play this game. Majority of us play it because we love it. So yeah, even as broken as PvP is currently. I know there would be plenty of people grinding for the gear, just to have something to do. It's really no different that the 101cr gear. Littlerally just something to grind for.
    • Like x 1
  6. AllanPage Committed Player

There are so many problems in PvP right now, I don't know where I should start. It's all shield shield shield spam iconic powers. I used to have fully modded pvp sets and maxed out marks in legends and arenas. I haven't bothered to pvp in a few years still stuck on 100 gear.

We don't want new pvp gear, styles, maps or anything, just fix the damn mechanics like they were!!!
    • Like x 3
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

For me my main gripe with pvp (arenas) right now would probably be healers heal way too much. I had to switch to jackhammer spam just to be able to take them out. Which doesn't feel like pvp at all lol.
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

Well.. it's 1v1. In 4v4 healers are not "that OP".
    1v1 is not hte best way to balance around simply because it would kinda destroy 4v4 or 5v5 pvp if healers are useless.
    But there are too many issues with pvp at all. I mean, you see that you can beat healers, by fighting spam with spam.
    I can even beat leaguemembers that are waaaaaaaay better in pvp with elec by being healer and spam teslablast (singletarget burst).

Besides all the stuff that would need a fix (entire PvP) some new gear and maybe raising the win feats on maps could revive it a bit. Prime mentioned it in a thread earlier.
    Also Prime is right. Legends isn't tooo bad. Not as bad as arenas. Did some testing. Many many legends are actually good and fun to play in legends (talking 2v2 and more). Batfamily bb is broken though. Love to play ursa or all the lanterns currently in legends.
    • Like x 1
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah basically the team with the most batarangs wins lol. But batman is almost the only legends I use. In before batarang spam lol. Idk i just like the martial arts and loadout set up. Kyle rayner too I like but never use, almost exclusively bat.
  10. Twinks Level 30

You HAVE to be kidding me, right? You had to be dealing with a controller and TWO healers because one healer can not withstand the Atomic, Gadget, Earth, and Rage onslaught that is PvP. You spam jackhammer because that is your modus operandi. Fyi, burst healing is all but dead in PvP. However, burst damage is not. THAT is why people see so many shields in arenas.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm actually ok with the way shields work in PvP. We are just missing the RPS system to be able to counter them. Shields were always part of PvP. My old, old, very old school friend Antboogie was a boss mental troll in pvp back in the day. I liked to snipe from the sky with his rifle, and rotate as many shields as he could. The difference was the RPS between roles.
  12. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Have you seen Electricity? Water? Nature's dog form? They may not be as common as the powers you mentioned nowadays but healers are still severely broken. Someone who knows the cheese spec for these powers can be nigh-invincible in PvP and that really hasn't changed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Blight KOBRA Commander

Hopefully, and probably not. PvP is pretty much dead and being in the state it's in it's already too hard as it is to collect the styles that are available.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

The problem is players damage is not decreased when activating a shield, but players can spam shields without any penalty.
  15. SGS_JonLegend Well-Known Player

Hell yeah! They're up to 101 now?? Can't wait to get back in there and get my new set.

I wouldn't count on 102. Took years to get 101. Years...
  16. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

No they don't need to add any new gear to pvp they should just add item drops and random non tradable styles and items to reward the need to pvp in a broken system that is easy to fix remove all support role abilities , shields , absorption , trinkets and have it just pure weapon , power , gear and skill related and nothing more no special object laying around to debuff no barrels of soda just pure 100% team vs team and PVP would be fine.
  17. TheBlackBond New Player

Give us a reason to go to open world and fight again I promise its what fun was you ranked up got all your sp then took it to free world to strut it off now power spamming and no real reason outside the feats that most of us finished years ago I miss the precision base fights might was strong but you needed skill to win ....hook PVP up Pleeeeeeeeease
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

They need to fix Super Speed's Vortex Trap spam, Rage Outrage cheese power-set spam, Nature Dog form, Tanks being OP; (I hate Atomic) and Iconic powers 1st. Also 1v1 should only be DPS role.