Things I learned with Infinity War:

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Helderman, May 14, 2018.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

1) Silly is the new epic
    2) Blonde Widow is the most powerful being in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She has the power of feminism.
    3) Hulk is a big bully who picks on the weaker and chickens to the stronger
    4) Thanos is aware he is in a movie. That's why he spared the six original Avengers for the sequel.
    5) The sheep herd will cry on fake deaths
    6) Marvel is too cheap to keep Paul Bettany in full Vision makeup
    7) To a Russo Brothers movie work it's required the characters to act like idiots
    8) Strange took the idiot ball on not severing Thanos' hand with one of his magic portals
    9) Scarlet Witch took the idiot ball on not burying Thanos in the center of the Earth with her gravity powers. She pwned a robot god with the same powers in the previous movie. That's inexcusable.
    10) Josh Brolin really likes comic book movies
    11) Chroma key is never too much
    12) Elizabeth Olson has two facial expressions: inexpressive and fish mouth
    13) CGI characters are more real than actors
    14) Robert Downey Jr. is in the league of "not too old to be an action star"
    15) Henchmen are just sparring targets
    • Like x 1
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh come on, seriously? Why are you doing this? I've said it before, we get it you don't like the MCU, now can you move on?

I will comment on a few things though.
    3) Not even close, Hulk is pissed at Banner, so he is refusing to cooperate. There's no bullying or fear, plus the only person who is stronger than the Hulk in IW is Thanos and he attacked him.
    5) Sadly this is true. They weren't deaths but whatever.
    6) So you think Vision has no interest in blending in, especially when he's with his fugitive girlfriend?
    8) Way to pay attention to the dialog. Strange saw over 4 million possible futures and only 1 had them win. What happened is a part of the plan for that 1 possibility, as noted by Strange's last statement to Stark.
    9) Scarlet Witch doesn't have gravity powers. She has psionic powers, both telepathic and telekinetic. Also, again if you had been paying attention it didn't matter what she did to Thanos, he had the power to change anything she did.
    • Like x 2
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well at least some people can make some funny videos out of Infinity War
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This was atrocious to read. If you didn't like the movie just say you didn't like it
    • Like x 1
  6. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Things I learned FROM Infinity War.
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

Why do you hate the MCU?

Some things you got wrong: Bettany was barely in human form; Strange know the only way they could win is if he gave up the stone (I figured that was obvious); Scarlet Witch couldn't do anything to Thanos by the time he showed up and Ultron is nothing like a god.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

You were on point (well and the OP is just wrong about a lot of things but from reading things he's posted before about marvel movies I shouldn't be too surprised) up until the highlighted part.

Scarlet Witch's powers were alluded to being psionic powers of telapathy and telekinetic. This was done in the original call to seperate their character from the X-Men which was previously being "shared". However, and I will grant you no one has officially confirmed this, they slightly veered off base of this in Civil War when she interacted with his gem (I suppose we could claim that her psionic powers affected the mind gem and that's how she caused him to lose control).

I wouldn't be surprised from how she displayed her powers in this movie (not to mention Vision's remarks about her abilities) that by her next appearance her abilities will be referred to as "hexes" or go into a surprisingly new "detail" that folks didn't realize (and therefore the waiving away will be, well it appeared to be this but this is kind of what you've "really" been doing all along).
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

10. RedDeth1998 New Player

I feel like this is overly harsh and I'm a dude who has been very cynical about the MCU since it hasn't been the same and taken a dive in quality since Civil War. However, I think the franchise is going to regain the amazing sense of direction and balance that it used to have with the likes of Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Thor, and so on. Black Panther and Infinity War have put the franchise on the right track to potentially redeem themselves.

I say this as a guy who has been a die-hard Marvel fan more than even a DC fan.
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

So you consider the following movies to be downfalls in quality of the franchise:

Dr.Strange
    Guardians of the Galaxy volume two
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Thor: Ragnarock
    Black Panther.

Those were the only movies we had in between than and now (and only four if you count the fact you try to take it back a little bit by saying Black Panther helped redeem the franchise).

Dr. Strange did well considering it had to deal with the most unknowns of the entire franchise (and was received well to boot). Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians I could possibly understand (while I enjoyed Guardians... well I could see arguments for that one easily enough) but Spiderman was loved as well.
    • Like x 1
  12. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I want The Goddess of Death to make a return.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd love to know what you thought of BvS and JL...for me I learned:
    1) you can take one of the best comics in history (The Dark Knight) and make it a boring drag that only pays off after a few Characters show up who were add on's in the movie (WW and Doomsday)
    2) There can only be one person in the world named Martha....WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME....sorry Bats.
    3) CGI can also be terrible....Thanks Steppenwolf for looking worse than the original Hulk in the Eric Bana movie version
    4) Kal Drogo is apparently an aspiring comedian...don't quit your day job Drogo...oh, yeah...you died in season 1 of your day job
    5) Jessie Eisenberg is the king of over acting where over acting is not required
    6) Lois lane can hold her breath a really...really long time.
    7) Superman can't even swim when near Kryptonite....except when he's flying across a long battlefield....then plunging that Kryptonite through a nearly indestructible monster.
    8) When intergalactic bad guys are trying to reclaim their most powerful objects to take over the universe, they will come to your house and detain you, then ask you questions over a few days....they won't get too rough though....c'mon they aren't THAT bad of bad guys.
    9) there are no bomb sniffing dogs in DCU capitol hill...and you can cram a lot of explosives in under a wheelchair motor
    10) and talk about 'fake' deaths.....Supes was not even dead 10 minutes before they indicated he was not dead by floating the dirt off his coffin. At least at the end of Infinity War, if you never read the comics (and don't realize half the dead people have upcoming movies) the MOVIE itself plays as though they are dead-dead.
    11) by henchmen...do you mean Para-Demons? Cause yeah....those were pretty much sparring targets too. BTW...welcome to superhero entertainment....henchmen are always sparring targets. I guess you could have some random guy succeed where Joker/Riddler/Lex/etc... have failed and kill Batman or Superman, but that seems kind of silly too.

I'd put up a few more notes from these movies, but honestly I've mostly purged them from my memory to make room for more awesome MCU movies, or even just the commercials for MCU movies (which are also better than BvS or JL)

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Aquaman and Shazam! look good though... It's not too late for DC
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Christ, I dont think ive seen this big of a "Marvel Fanboy lashing out" post in years lol.

The movie was what it was. Entertaining but flawed to some. Besides, Marvel and DC both have yet to come out with an actual "Superhero" movie tbh, considering DC has characters who never kill killing, and Marvel took it further and actually joke while brutally killing.

The Movie has one fatal flaw in logic that no Fanboy has been able to logically answer though. If the Gauntlet can do anything, why didnt he just create more Resources rather than wipe out half the universe? Both are as temporary of a fix as the previous, just one is pretty ridiculous senseless genocide while the other does what he claims he wanted to do, save the universe.

Im sure someone who never accepts that a flaw in DC movies are explained in comics will probably turn around and explain that the answer lies in a Marvel comic but not the movie. Thus the double-standard will continue.
  16. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

That flaw is covered in the comics and lore but not quite mentioned in the movie (so if you're just a movie watcher you can argue it's a flaw) . If you possess all the stones you have "limitless power". The problem though it is limited by your imagination and and knowledge (just like every power has an achilles heel). Unless he knew the exact calculation of what every single world would need (including exactly what they would need) it's easier to calculate that worlds would run out of resources and the easiest way to make it "liveable" would be to get rid of half the population of each planet.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That thought would have never occurred to him. He had proposed the "eliminate half the population" solution to the leaders of Titan long ago, and the fall and destruction of Titan only convinced him that his idea was the way to go. On top of that, the results of his campaigns on other worlds only solidified that belief of his. He even used the results of his genocide on Gamora's homeworld (he claimed it was a paradise there now) in his discussions with Gamora in the film as proof of him being right.

Him suddenly getting the idea of using the Gauntlet in the manner you suggested would have been completely out of left field and totally out of character. It might be something that could work as a resolution or end point for Thanos' story arc in the next film (seeing the error of his ways kind of thing), but going the route you suggested in Infinity War wouldn't have made any sense at all.
  18. RedDeth1998 New Player

They either deviated from the characters or missed who they were and lacked tonal balance like BP, which I love.
  19. RedDeth1998 New Player

You do realize every version of Batman has killed exceot Clooney, directly and indirectly. Reeve threw Zod down a whole and laughed after because it's impossible to do an accurate Superman who is more than just cheese and bright colors.

It's a double standard but nothing new and people once ignored and praised those versions.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I do enjoy the MCU movies much more than the DCU ones, I'm not sure I qualify as a full blown fanboy since I only really said one positive thing which was that even the MCU trailers are more entertaining than the DCU movies....which I stand by. I was posting this over the top reply to the OP's over the top and way more fanboy list. A true fanboy would have been the one who created the first post(or similar). As I said when I saw BvS the first time. You could have had 2 hours of black screen build up to the Batman/WW/Superman scene and the DC fanboys would still have left the theater completely satisfied. "Totally worth it!"

I mean really....he sited 'henchmen=sparring targets' as part of his 'points'. Duh....That's almost the definition of 'Henchmen' ....I guess 'Cannon fodder' would be a good one too. You don't think that needed a rebuttal?

As far as why destroying 1/2 vs doubling all the resources is a better solution...logistics for one. Unless you are going to expand the planet's surface mass(which would screw with gravity, the planets rotation, and a bunch of other 'because science' things), you can't double the land available for people to live...crops to grow... minerals to mine even if you could do it with the snap of a finger. What kind of destruction would doubling the earth's oceans cause? Where you going to cram double the wheat and corn? Also as the technology and facilities are there to support the existing populous, it would be a long while before you'd hit critical mass once you halve the population. Doubling resources would still require facilities to be added (housing, jobs, transportation, etc..), but would leave disease, unemployment, overcrowding and other woes in place to continue at the same rate of growth as before the culling. Out of the 2 options, if you can get over the mass-murdery aspect of killing half the universe, it's the more long term solution.

Reinheld