Yearly Skill Point Reset/Race.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by silversuitcase, May 13, 2018.

1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The way I'm reading this thread a lot of people are on the fence.

Instead of a signed photo, what if Meeps came to your house to sing Happy Birthday?
    • Like x 2
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

uhm yea, NO
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. SuperBell Loyal Player

DCCUO: DC Communist Universe Online.

"I'm Joseph Stalin and I approve this message".

"Liberal Arts College - Not even once"

"Mamma's, Don't let your babies grow up to be Marxists"

Looks like someone recently read this fine article from the NY TImes:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/opinion/karl-marx-at-200-influence.html
    Spoiler Alert! He wasn't

I'll stop here. I have so many jokes I want to make, but I don't want somebody to come and take them and give them to everybody else.
  5. Chicken Well-Known Player

Please step away from the bottle.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think this is an awesome idea. Can we co-ordinate the kick in date for the first annual reset to be a few weeks before my 1 year sub runs out?

I'll finally be cured of my unhealthy addiction I've had for 6 years....you, my friend, are a mad genius.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

This idea is SUPER GREAT!

/sarcasm
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You guys have never heard of Zaxbys?!

The 20 piece Sweet and Spicy Boneless Wings are HEAVEN
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

^ Only good to come out of this thread ^

...besides unanimity in replies...which is also hard to do around these parts.
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Maybe I should start my own thread and get everyone in on this party :p
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

As long as every year we all don’t forget everything and have to start over :)
    • Like x 2
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have no idea why I am even attempting this because he doesn't listen to anyone.. except himself of course. But let's TRY to explain just how insane this idea is one more time. The OP wants to yank everyone SP away every year and make them start over.. Because some how in his mind people with higher SP stand a better chance at RARE auras and Material. lets start there. Now while all those much coveted rare auras didn't come from them a good number of the newer one either came from buying Booster Bundles or from Time capsules. The same can be said of a number of the special materials. Now since neither of those are influenced at all by SP or CR exactly how does it help to be CR 235 with 350 SP? It is all based on a roll of the invisible dice Daybreak has and CR/SP does not influence that at all.

But lets get into the totally insane idea of removing all SP.

There are more than 40 SP availbale to be earned just from leveling a character from 1 to level 30 and keep in mind some of those are not even obtained by completing a feat.. As a player levels up every other Level obtained hand that player another SP. Explain to us exactly how we go back to level one and start all over again? Now the rest of those feats that add up to Sp are obtained through things like doing all the Booster Gold Tours in Gotham and Metropolis .. each hands out 50 Feat points for a total of 1 Skill point. So for any of us thet endured that boring tour of two cities you expect the Devs to reset the consoles in the safe houses so we can listen to Booster blab again every year? While we are on the subject how about exploration badges? 10 feat points for every zone in Metropolis and Gotham we explore. Again you want the dev team to reset those every year?

How about all the ones inside missions .. and don't forget these include defeating every final boss with dying .. 10 feat points AND defeating that same final boss without using a soda or Super Charge attack. That does not even includes the ones you grab by doing things like clicking on all the safes in part 2 of the Intergang arc at around level 25 that hold counterfit cash, destroying venom containers inside the Lighthouse before defeating Bane... and on and on and on. The speed feats for the alerts and duo should be pretty easy to grab if your running a level 9 Area 51 alert with a CR235 alt.

The thing is its not JUST a question of taking away everyone's SP.... The Dev team then needs to recode the entire game so we all have the ability to go back and earn those things all over again. I am not a computer tech but that sounds like an awful lot of code being redone and then it has to happen all over again every year? Most of US enjoy getting new content every couple months... Trying to do what YOU are asking could result in another 6-8 months with nothing new to do while they set the game up so we can all lose every single Sp we own and start all over again. Now imagine how frustrated that dev team will be when the accomplish all of that.. and then a huge number of players quit and then game is shut down because its not making a cent anymore? i didn't even bother with the ordeal over taking away Sp from styles earned since it was already covered but THAT alone could cost the game a lot of players that worked for years to obtain a very rare style drop.

In case you have not noticed this thread is 5 pages long and no one agrees with your idea. Now I fully expect some sort of giify replay with yet another quote because nothing anyone says makes you understand the idea is not a good one .. but I have no plans to even lok at the thread again so i really don't care
    • Like x 3
  13. Wildboy Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

if I see a
    [IMG]

fit through a
    [IMG]

Then you'll have a believer out of me. I think exit this thread and sip some koolaid made from Peter Popoff "miracle spring whater"
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

He doesn't need to sing. Just write me a happy birthday and send me a pack of rubber chickens. :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

I guess it's a US thing^^
    • Like x 1
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

WORST IDEA EVER!!!!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

It is ... :(
  19. Dene Devoted Player

I'm in Australia.. Had never heard if it till you mentioned it...Travelled to the US a few times.. I once contemplated starting a petition to get Popeye's here LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. calvin_0 Dedicated Player