PSA: Anti-Gold Seller Initiatives Begin Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, May 3, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

From the thread ‘CASH BOTS’:
    • Like x 4
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Sounds like the next cash cow: pay 5$ only to break the ToS a minute later and get banned. Here's to hoping DB gets a lot of repeat business with these guys :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol...they’ll complain about something else!
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People who will defend gold spammers and spamming will defend anything.
    • Like x 2
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

it seems to have cut down ty for effort i see difference
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lol, it's both hilarious, and sad at the same time.. ..wow.

They should have done it by level instead of membership. Most games have a requirement of level for chat. I assume for this very reason. The spammers have cash, so whats 5 dollars to them. But do they have the time to get to level 30?

Plus, Mepps, youd get way more cash if they skip to end game to spam chat lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It was probably a lot faster, easier, and less likely to need extensive bug testing/fixing doing it this way. And Mepps has said they’re looking for/working on getting a better solution in place. So what they have is pretty much a stopgap while they work on it.
    • Like x 3
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Was a spammer in the EU watchtower this morning. Just one.
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

Working well on EU side , however it has shown just how dead LFG is though.

Restricting f2p messaging in public channels is fine , perhaps people will be more likely to join a league if they haven’t already to be more sociable.

Nice to see something positive being done none the less.
    • Like x 1
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

While we are at it.. since the VILLAIN side is more dead than anything, can we reduce the time to repost on LFG ? Just to make players feel like their is a population on the villain side.. MY default(LFG) chat which IVE ENABLED SAY,SHOUT,TRADE,etc(at this point lol) does not move like it used to.. At least let us feel like we are not the only villains left. Reduce the LFG reposting time and merge XBONE servers, its SUPER lonely over here..:oops::oops:
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

Anyone who opposes this is a gold seller.
    • Like x 1
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I usually play 3-5 am est and I saw 1 spammer. It was glorious. Chat was pretty active for that time too. It was weird.
    • Like x 1
  13. trekkie New Player

Found a AOEAH.com spammer in the Watchtower today.
    They sent 5 messages logged out and logged back in sent 5 more, rinse and repeat.
    Might be a small bug with chat restrictions.
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

Certainly they've slowed down. I did see one today and put on ignore. That said I think part of the problem is that the process to report is not clear for most and too tedious for the rest. I get that if reporting was added to the social menu it would likely be misunderstood or straight up abused resulting in a drain on team resources to vet reports. I would almost say an option to specifically report spammers, with the caveat that you get a warning dialog after say you report more than X in period Y that false reports are also bannable.

On the back-end you could take a number of tactics from the low tech (some staff or even players given the ability to review the post log and block there and then) to the more technical (an algorithm that looks at account life and post frequency coupled with parsing the posts themselves from that account for keywords and automatically bans the account pending review).
    • Like x 1
  15. Selkie New Player

That explains the lack of cybersex in the watchtower.
    At least I didnt feel like I needed a shower and bleach.
    • Like x 2
  16. Irmensul Well-Known Player

About time they thinned out those annoying gold sellers
  17. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Raise premiums to 15 bucks or so that they have had to of been legendry once. Make more money off the jerks. Any premium player now has easily spent more than 15 over the years anyway, so it wouldn’t affect any premiums out there now. Nobody just spends 5 bucks and plays free lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

most of these spammers are free to play i mean come on ...
    who uses a names like this ? ( dghf , hhjhj, kilkj)

Update: i still see some but WAY less than before .. Thank god man!
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Well, it tells me a lot. Tells me that the devs realize how big of a problem it has gotten. It might not stop 100% of them but it sure as hell will put a tremendous dent into it. Kudos devs.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Whoa! Stop talking about Kilkj like that! Haven't you heard of him?!