Why some healers spam dps powers and drain their power pool

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MiLady, Apr 30, 2018.

1. MiLady Well-Known Player

I was in the Starro raid using a controller alt (CR 228). There was a single tank (CR235), healer (CR235), and 5 dps (CR 230+) players. Throughout the raid, the healer would cast a few healing powers as normal, but then continued to spam a dps power. The healer's power pool was next to nothing and I (being the troller) was constantly spamming recharge to keep the healer's power pool up. I even used sodar's to keep up, but the power spam continued. Eventually the other players had supply drops to help with the power drain. There was a few times we almost wiped from a boss super attack and both the healer and troller's power bar was just about empty.

The tank's power was always at least at half or better. I did not have a chance to use my debuf powers because of the constant power drain from the healer. I have over 200 sps and spec'd my skills in critical power healing, power, Vitalization, and some in Dominance. Should the healer use weapon attacks for dps'ing and focused healing powers in their tray? Any recommendation on what to do with this type of healer playstyle?
    • Like x 1
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

A couple things that might help you in that situation:
    1. Compound Omega (for extra power and vitalization)
    2. Energy Soder buff (for extra power)

I've run into similar players, and it has not stopped me from being able to debuff as long as I apply the above to increase my power pool and vitalization a bit. Outside of those things, you just do your best to help the group. If the healer is a friend, you might ask 'em to be a little easier on power and make sure they have enough for healing. Otherwise, it's not really worth the confrontation with most players.
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I've been seeing a good deal of this lately myself. Healers that spend far more time, effort and POWER trying to deal out damage than worrying about keeping the team alive. No clue exactly why... "EDUCATED GUESS"? A life long dedicated highly motivated DPS desperate to get on a team so they grab some healer gear and join the team as the HEALER. problem is they have no clue how to actually assume that role so they just run around like they are still in DPS mode.

Its been happening for a little while now.... With so many teams going 6-1-1 or 5-1-1-1 a lot of the older support players that knew how to actually play their support roles got more into DPS to find teams and progress. Sudden;y there were so many DPS out there the poor DPS had competition for roles and they some got the bright idea to TRY their other role. I have been on teams with Tanks that were using nothing but ranged attacks and were clear at the back of the team. Did they eventually grab aggor? Why yes they did but then, of course, the mobs were trying to aim attacks at them but had to fire through the rest of us. S=kinda defeated the purpose. :eek:

Even seen a few so called trolls .. Had one that around the middle of the raid we actually asked why he wasn't throwing POT.... This was back before that changed and every attack a troll had throws it now. The answer was almost hysterical. OKAY it was if you were NOT on that team anyway. We were informed we didn't need that anyway PLUS he didn't even have it in his attack tray... DIDN'T do enough damage.

There are good and bad players at every role but some players should never be allowed to even think about support. LOL
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Sounds like they're trying to battle heal, but are struggling because of the very limited flexibility healers have, hmm.
    • Like x 5
  5. Proxystar #Perception

You actually need the healer when you had a 235 tank?

I'd just have gone dps finished the alert more quickly and just left him to revel in his or her stupidity.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's a raid
    • Like x 2
  7. Kestral Committed Player

I've had to ask a troll to pot in the last week...
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I'm tired ain't nobody got time to read properly :D
    • Like x 2
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well that's a whole different thing these days. I've been trolling since day one in game and as I mentioned in my other post here.. When the revamp went into affect all those old POT attacks had been removed .. and basically every single attack a Troll has can deliver POT. I think the idea was to make it easier for the TROLL to actually use attacks that deliver debuffs. So we could actually feel like a part of the team and not just the Ever Ready Bunny. Now the Power PUSH still exists but that's that quick blast of power we have to get everyone out of the hole (hopefully).

I normally do not bother to inspect team mates but I am wondering if what you had was a guy with nothing BUT DPS armor on and modding for damage not VIT? Were you getting any blue numbers above your head at all? Even in that situation if he had hit T and switched roles he should have been generating a LITTLE POT. You have me officially stumped LOL
  10. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Too nice, i’d have said, “reading is fundamental”.....Lol!
    • Like x 1
  11. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol...dang i didnt see this before my post :(
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Just for laughs here. What power was the healer?
    • Like x 1
  13. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Ha.

On my new toon I was in Vengeance, the first part with the ghosts. (Know where this is going?)

A healer was spamming the absolute crap out of their heals.....always out of power and healing as if their life depended on it. Everyone just kind of stopped killing the harmless ghosts and just marveled at the healing machine.
  14. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Tanks who use Fortified Assault but keep turtling and while doing it totally forget to press a power sometimes and loosing aggro often enough to have a teammate getting killed.

Controllers who refuse to press the recharge power every once in a while cause its more important to them to keep the Dual Pistol spam up.

Healers who do what is being described in this thread or only heal when their own health bar is dropping or with such a delay that you could drive to him in the meantime and press the button for himself no matter where he lives on this planet cause he is too slow.

DPS who refuse to do mechanics or just moving to the next part of an instance cause he must have to kill that add abandoned in a corner noone would have gone for in the planets lifespan cause the scorecard is more important to them effectively slowing the whole raid down.

One of them applies at least once when pugging. This is the new/next generation of DCUO players teached by a further dumbed down gameplay and I suspect we are still not at the absolute bottom.
    • Like x 2
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Healers use weapon attacks for a number of reasons - if they have a Hybrid setup, they want to regenerate power. Whatever setup they have, they want to time HoTs with particular combos, or block break/knockback to reduce damage coming in, and to use their Restorative Adapter... and if they're going to be doing that anyway, it makes sense to target adds to help mop up - or the boss if there are no adds.

I've been criticized *very harshly* for using weapon attacks in Healer stance - but I know exactly what they're there for. It's part of my rotation that *prevents* me from losing power like an iPhone :(.
    • Like x 2
  16. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

What was the power of the healer? I know that all my powers as a Celestial heal looks like DPS powers but they are NOT. Consume Souls, Admonish, Blight, Virtuous Light all look like DPS abilities but all are for heals and you have to think that some of those HOTs are only 6 ticks long and even after you are running more than one HOT you still have to burst heal because of the tank or a DPS that does not know what block is. I've also seen Trolls that do not want to be trolling but want to DPS and would rather be using their power to damage, not saying that is what was happening with you.
    • Like x 2
  17. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Don't You get me started lol lol I am a great healer and when I see such things happen and also to friends who troll and if dps its one of those wtf moment's like what are you doing have a seat lol.

I have been seeing this to allot like I said and I don't get it,they burn there power by over healing or by some freak of nature are dpsing to wtf *rolls eyes* what about the poor trolls we don't have many left to begin with and this bs wont make it easier .
  18. TheEpicCrash Active Player

Sounds like they spend too much time "healing" in Final Fantasy 14 and then try to play this game the same way.
  19. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Switching to controller role and just using weapons does not generate power over time still. I've seen it twice since the revamp. I'm pretty sure the second time was a guy was trolling in the other sense since I asked him to use a power, and he intentionally used one power and went right back to full weapon use.
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

well its ur fault as troll if u try to satisfy the healers playstyle, u encourage him by doing so and u get frustrated at the same time, i always stop giving power if group health is at max and if i see healer still spaming i tell him that once and second time either me or the healer leaves the raid, in alert i have to tell almost every support class to go dps to dont **** up my run ...lol... sad when roleless buffs are more useful than players but thats the reality.