Sorcery Healer - "Surround yourself with a protective barrier" not working

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

If there are more than 4 players in my groups, I am not able to surround myself with a protective barrier using Boon of Souls unless I am one of the lower health members of the group. The power description says it should surround me with a barrier and also surround 3 group members, but it seems to choose to only surround whichever 4 players have the lowest health and disregards the part where it is supposed to surround me.

Is this intended? If so, can we update the description for the power?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Celestial had the same problem but was fixed. Honestly I prefer to leave it as it is. If you're a smart healer you won't need to sheild yourself in a raid.
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Unless I have to pick someone up who went down standing in an AOE. Or does being a smart healer also mean I should ignore fallen group members and focus on healing? ;)
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If the healer has to pick someone up in a raid, your DPS are incompetent.

Alerts the shield goes on all 4 people regardless so it doesn't matter
    • Like x 3
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I agree with you, but now that I'm having to random queue a lot again, I'm finding that to be the case a lot of the time.
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

So a bad group is to blame...
    Not a messed up power?

FYI most pugs suck
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If a slightly glitched group sheild is the cause of wipes, then yes. It's a bad group.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sure. I call them pugs and most pugs suck.
    Still it should work correctly.....correct?
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not arguing it shouldn't, but it's a huge stretch to assume it could cause wipes
    • Like x 3
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

Agreed but there is another thread saying that something not working is OK. 1 can and will lead to another. It should work, and if not it should be addressed by the devs.
  11. Millbarge Developer

A fix for this has been checked in Internally.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 10
  12. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

THANK YOU. Another long outstanding bug since the revamp is being resolved.
  13. Millbarge Developer

I also checked in a fix for Rage: Ire for Rage Tanks everywhere

-Millbarge
    • Like x 6
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While you’re here, is it intended that Munitions: Survival has a much shorter duration than Gadgets: Distract and Mental: Grandeur? Aren’t they all basically the same ability for different powers? :)
  15. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Quantum Tunnel is a similar power that has a significantly shorter cool down as well as being one of the best escapes in the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah but that teleports you. Survival gives nothing in return for its short duration, as far as I can tell.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If people die because a healers powers aren't working right...the power is to blame. If the healer has to stop healing to do pick ups because the DPSes can't stop pew pewing long enough to do a quick pick up, the group is to blame whether the healers powers are working right or not. Solo healers should not be doing pick ups when there are plenty of other members in the group that can do it (4-5 DPS and a troll).
    • Like x 4
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Agreed
    • Like x 2