People are okay with these costs for style unlocking????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hoaxone, Apr 29, 2018.

1. hoaxone Committed Player

I'll take the ban.

Your out your ******* minds.525 replay badges to unlock a nimbus aura to another character.thats just ridiculous and greedy.350 for a amber mist aura...negotiations failed somewhere.
    • Like x 17
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Some people will find the prices fine. Others won't. It's that way with most merchandise in the gaming industry.
    • Like x 6
  3. Proxystar #Perception

$10-$15 to get a nimbus aura for an alt or 2bil in game.

Yea I know which one I'm choosing and it's not the in game money.

If you don't like style sharing don't use it, if you weren't expecting a somewhat high price to transfer a style never coming back then you were deluding yourself in the first place.
    • Like x 20
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

All of what you say, true, yes. But 15 dollars is in my opinion ridiculous. Its a one time unlock for an item people already spent a great amount on. Its not like a mp item which is account bound for a price like that. So i can tell we won't agree. But hey.
    • Like x 10
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Did you spend more than $10-15 for your first nimbus, bet most did...

Or is everyone getting ultra rare items out of one booster bundle.

Oh so that's why they sell so many. ;)
    • Like x 5
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You literally just proved my point?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

If your point was that it's actually quite cheap when you consider the items rarity then yes, yes I did.
    • Like x 6
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No. You're missing it. Too late can't be bothered to explain rn, bed time. Nighty night :)
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

omg...why does this feel....systematic.....
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Oh right my apologies because you already spent a great deal on the item you feel more entitled to a duplicate copy than you really should be, ok got ya ;)
    • Like x 5
  11. Vesper Dedicated Player

Every single person who received an Original Nimbus in a Booster Bundle spent more than $10-$15 real money. The Booster Bundle with the Original Nimbus was $20. :D Even with the Membership Discount, they still spent $18. :D
    • Like x 4
  12. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Not necessarily. Some people might have sold rare items on the broker and bought an original nimbus with in game currency, thus paying $10-$15 for membership/escrow unlocks.
    • Like x 3
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

To answer the OPs question, yes. I'm fine with the prices. I will not be unlocking every style on every character, but this is the first time in a very long time that I'm buying RPBs. I just really hope it doesn't take too long to roll out all the phases (and that they actually follow through with including all phases).
    • Like x 8
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't really matter either way the auras are of significant value originally to the extent you're unlikely to get duplicates very easily if ever.

Therefore the pricing is more than appropriate and reasonable.
    • Like x 5
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Some are okay with the prices, and some aren't.

And some aren't, but will still buy the styles anyway, then come here and complain about how much money they just chose to spend.

*shrugs*
    • Like x 4
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

People used to trade $20 PSN cards for nimbus auras years ago and you're tripping over $15 worth of replays?

Don't unlock it then. Get it through the broker or trade if you think 500 replays are too much.
    • Like x 7
  17. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

I don't understand at all why the **** people like you guys keep dishing out these bs responses

to a great concern like that. You're legit giving them a reason to leave the prices the way it is

because your response is saying to them you like that outrageous or maybe even more

expensive price instead of agreeing to making it cheaper and enjoyable for all of us. that's

one of the main reason why nothing ever get resolved on here.
    • Like x 4
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

I think some of the prices are a little bit mean spirited, but in general, I’m in favour of them charging a fixed price where the buyer knows what they will receive for their money. It’s an honest profit compared to most of their other stunts.
    • Like x 9
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Personally, as I said before. I was looking forward to unlocking atleast 6 auras on each of my mains, but after seeing the prices on SOME of them, that was a no go. I still stand by my side as those prices do seem a bit high for myself.

Buttttt. If I absolutely have to speak my common knowledge, when you look at the prices of replay badges, 350 RBs for $10, its not actually that bad. Its just $10 right?

Now dont get me wrong, I dont mind spending $10 on something that Im guaranteed to get. What I do have a problem with is spending $10 x6 for the items I want lol. Itll be alright. I can get them over time. Eventually
    • Like x 1
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I think the real surprise is the people being surprised by this. Have you guys learned anything, like ever?
    • Like x 5