Tank Vs Tank! Revamp Edition

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by L T, Nov 22, 2017.

1. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Thanks LT :)
    From what I noticed if you have Brick summoned and block you will still have the aura that Brick gives you but the icon signifying the Earthen Bond mechanic on your status bar will dissapear to be replaced by the defensive icon signifying block and the increased movement icon. Whether you actually lose the Earthen Bond idk, but the icons definitely change.
  2. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Nah I'll stick with Brick this go around.

Forgive me if these questions have been asked and answered already but:
    -What are your thoughts on Focus choice for an Earth Turtle? Would it be better to spec Superpowered for the passive power regeneration over Hybrid, being that we'll be blocking more than attacking?
    -Does the 10k gain from going full health outweigh the loss in dom (ie loss in strength to Gemstone and HL Shield)?

3. Tilz Loyal Player

I'm actually moer or less a turtle. Except I know that I can go out of my block. It's like the old game. Know when to block an when to attack. :)
    And with fortify on cooldown all time Brick does some decent damage when you block. Nice side effect :)

I am actually superpowered. Both is ok, but as a turtle I feel better with it. Try what fits your style most.

I go full health and then dom, but I actually can go 205 into health and 100 into dom, so i'm more than fine. Haven't played with specs to muhc. But until 100 sp into one node the return is the best.
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I miss Celestial Tanking.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Ahah, i remember it was fun ^^. We was speaking how SC celestial was awsome and Ares have proximity agroo so Duqu said let's try lol.

( i am Savyna on the video ^^)
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Ye i know who your are^^ That video was soo awesome back then. (Tilz -> EU healer here)
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Any update to this? Still very curious on my end on what the results were for this.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Oops!

I did, in fact, re-test! and the tool tip is, in fact, incorrect. When blocking you can clearly see damage being transferred to brick.

Aftershocks Tanking still seems kinda broken to me, even with HL Shield.

Amazon Deflect just doesn't work all that well with Aftershocks (it totally rocks for Fire though).

The Rage analysis is still kinda wrong. It was correct when I posted it, but Moja changed Severe Punishment so that the defense buff lasts longer, and I still haven't updated the charts. It only makes Rage look better, and it's already pretty good.
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I have played with both extensively the past couple months and I definitely understand why they are highly regarded. Rage I feel though has an upper hand when it comes to surviving on their own. Earth on the other hand, I feel like does a great job mitagating damage and kinda being that "sponge". But in terms of surviving, you can only do so much with Envelop, a Soder, and a Supply before getting KOed.

And I agree that Aftershock tanking just isn't as viable. How is Brick tanking assault wise? I haven't dabbled with that due to me having a straight blocking spec.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Oh wow rokyn:)

I think in most content assault should be fine.
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yes, I am still alive and enjoying tanking! Just been lurking for a long time now :p
    Great, I think I may have to make another build to play test assault. It sucks that you have to switch tac mods every single time, though.
    • Like x 2
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

That's great! :p

I'm currently earth tanking but will switch that char to troll very soon, because of the lack of trolls.. :D
    I'm only really blocking when there are like thousands of adds or I need to block certain boss-attacks.
    Otherwise I just play through it.
    PanoE is a great example for a raid with very few blocks.
  14. appocolyps Committed Player

I returned after a 6 month break and im currently hybrid earth tanking (all sp into might power then dom secondry), JH assault active tank and have found tanking all elite content fairly easy along with doing extremely good damage (using dps trinket, supply drop, baby boo and orbital) i completed all elite content at cr218 with ZERO mods in, solo tank solo heal solo troll runs, if earth active tanking is "under performing" then this game has become far too easy!

My mentality is JH to the hills and basically play as a dps ocasionally pulling adds in and shield any spike damage giving your healer chance to burst you, admittedly you need a semi competent healer to play this way and you are healer dependant but the amount of damage you can contibute far outweighs any minimal defensive increase you get from being imo an old school Tanky Tank!

You get more than enough defence and survivability from the gear its self if you are skilled enough to block at the right times and shield when its needed instead of just shielding because you can!

I was never a fan of dps type tanks prior to revamp i was always a traditional TANK but this revamp opened so many doors for tanks its been very fun for me, some will argue a tank should tank, but if you can do that and help the group with some crazy DPS like damage i feel that is now much more beneficial to the group!

I did this before i went on a break
  15. Roocck Committed Player

Has tank specifications and stats changed with this end game updates?
  16. L T Devoted Player

I started reworking the numbers after augments came out. I'll get around to it. It's quite a bit of work.
    • Like x 1
  17. Roocck Committed Player

Thank you LT for the quick respond, will keep watching your thread for an update. Your hard work is appreciated and will help a lot of people to the right direction. This thread is well put together that it is worth the wait.
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Wait wait wait, there was an update that affects tanks? Any other roles/powers changed? I have stopped playing for awhile now but if they changed the game...
  19. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Define "a while."

Game Update 73 was the one that did the whole stats revamp... colloquially known as "stats matter." It came out last year after AOJ was released and before RwC. No more CR Differential. No more Advanced Mechanics. The only thing that impacts your damage out and damage in is your stats and your play style (Weapons Expert, Hybrid, or Superpowered).
  20. Cyro Committed Player

Havent been gone that long, i stopped playing maybe 2 weeks into the dreuge dlc. A few comments up makes it seem like there was an update of sorts