Work In Progress Development Update: Style Unlocking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

one question i feel that may need to be ask, if you had an alt but didn't keep it around but there was a style on them that you want is it possible to regain that style or is it gone for good?
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Phase one will not include the wings of sin, because they weren't in TC 1, 2, or 3. However, they will be included in whatever phase covers that TC. The issue with materials is how they are coded in the system doesn't use the same tech as styles, so they have some back end work that they will need to do to allow it (but they don't have time to fit that work in their plan for a while).

To repeat, wings of sin are not a material so they will be available for unlock eventually (as long as you have them on one character). They just won't be available in this update.
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

While I am excited about style unlocking. Kudos to DCUO for making it happen finally, my only disappointment is not getting materials included in that. Oh well, it is what it is. Again, thanks for making this happen.
    • Like x 1
  4. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

For further clarification, what if I’ve unlocked styles on toons that have been deleted?

(I kinda have an addiction to starting toons I think I’ll like to use, power leveling them them with $$, buying them bases and amenities and armories, unlocking all their feats for 200-350 sp, sometimes switching their powers and body types to a whole different character with a rename, then hilariously deleting them when endgame doesn’t allow for my time to be properly allocate time [see: monstrous essences] to all of them. You’d think I’d have learned my lesson by now, but dozens of deleted toons later, all I can say is “yay money!”)
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Already answered in the second post.

"Q: It's the future, I have just logged into my character, and I see no styles eligible for Style Unlocking. Help!
    A: For a character's styles to be eligible for Style Unlocking on your other characters, you must log into that character after Style Unlocking launches with Game Update 82."
  6. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Nice thanks
  7. EK1975 Well-Known Player

8. Templeton Active Player

This must be THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE STYLES IN THIS GAME AND HEARING THAT I CAN UNLOCK THEM ON ALTS FOR A CHEAP PRICE + AURAS IS AMAZING!!!!!!! INCREDIBILE JOB GUYS!!! WELL DONE<3<3
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG] xD
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Seconded! In fact, I'll say this: On Phase 2, please add all the Rare Styles from the Lockboxes, the Vault, the Boo$ter Bundle$, in-game Mission Reward Boxes, and the remaining Time Capsules! Please and thank you! :)
  11. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

So no material unlocking, that sucks. Will we ever be able to use materials in the way we use colors now? As in three to four materials on one piece of gear?
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Excellent question! Let's ask the Magic 8 Ball!

[IMG]

Well, THAT'S not the answer we wanted! *shakes it up again*

[IMG]

Well, crap! :(
  13. RLManuel Committed Player

I don’t know if this was already answered but, will OP styles also be able to be unlocked?
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

when exactly date wise does this happen??
  15. Ascended Well-Known Player

This is wonderful news.

Thanks devs. It's been a long time coming, but I am very happy about this announcement. Like, jumping up and down happy.

So, vendor gear up to Gotham Outlaw, auras, time capsules 1-3 up to the Qward stuff.....that's it, right?

I will take it.

One quick question; I assume this will include all auras, not just the ones we had at episode 26. This is correct, yes? I didn't see a post about it here, though I might've just missed it.

So since everyone is talking about the next round of style unlocks, which I hope comes sooner rather than later, I'd like to see PvP and collection styles next. I never want to have to farm the Kryptonian flexsuit chest again. And, if it's not asking too much, member rewards. There aren't that many out there; you guys could totally squeeze them in next time. I desperately need to share my Two-Face inspired mask!
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

So what is the exact pricing of all the different styles, since it varies from different types of sets? Wat's the pricing to unlock auras?
  17. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Please do PvP styles next!

Style Unlocking!!!!!! So happy!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

If you read the second post it said that you have to log into the character before you could unlock styles you have on it. So if you deleted the character you won't be able to log in on that one, unless you can recover it now.
    • Like x 1
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

I'm convince this once great game is all abt styles and time capsules which is nothing but abt styles
  20. RaphaelPrime Active Player

Mepps, question regarding the style unlocking of materials. I know in this form of style unlocking it's not possible, but would it potentially be possible if done like the new Artifact sub-capsule? Where unlocking the feat grants the item? (seriously can't wait for GU82)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.