Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I'd like to see a Back style that incorporates some kind of furred shoulderpieces. (Or would that be on the Shoulder style? Either way.)

Specifically, I'm thinking in terms of characters like Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, or the original design for Emma Frost. (See pics.) In looking through the available cape designs, so many of them look like they just sort of get implanted at the shoulder, and aren't attached to the shirt or via a clasp across the neck or anything like that.

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. QuantumRawdeal New Player

The only thing I really want is more sneaker styles, especially some high top chuck Taylor’s or basketball shoes
    • Like x 1
  3. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Can you please make an elf/"pointy Eared" skin. I want it for my Sinestro character, but I can see it being used by people wanting a make a fantasy themed character. Something for this Christmas, perhaps? :D
    • Like x 4
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Doesn’t even have to be for Christmas (although Santa’s elves add additional justification ;)). There are plenty of characters with various styles of pointy ears that give precedent for it aside from Sinestro. Sort and Aristarchus both immediately come to mind ;)
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The easiest possible way to do it is to just redo all the Hair Styles to add Elf/Vulcan/Whatever Ears to them, then put them in the Hairstyle Vendors in our HQs!

It would definitely be welcomed by my main character...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

;)
  6. Megzilla Developer

Already got these on the list :)

I totally hear you - I know we want to do it too!
    • Like x 3
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Chest styles we can put larger emblems on.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tocimus Committed Player

Some of the first styles in the game were biomech. Not much since.
    Could we get some more?
    We have tons of slimline, tech, and magic.
  9. TalosStark Level 30

Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Emblems, costume pieces.... it's an unatapped resource so far.
    • Like x 4
  10. Megzilla Developer

Yes! We are exploring this!!! A lot of it comes down to the styles we need to create for content but we are working in bigger emblems where we can.

It would definitely be cool to get back into this genre. If there are any characters you can think of it might be easier to see if I can do it. I have Jamie Reyes' Blue Beetle on my list which is like.. kind of close.. but if there's something in particular you're thinking of feel free to post an image here.

Definitely. I feel like we would need some content related to this though. I do feel like a lot of their styles could be created with our current stuff, so I am not sure their designs are different enough to justify a new suit. But maybe emblems... Or we could just reimagine all the suits to be more modern... :eek:
    • Like x 1
  11. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Why does everything have to be modern? Superman is going back to his classic look.

Classic is where it's at!
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I hope Ted and Dan are on that list too. :D

In all seriousness, maybe Guy Gardner Warrior 90s style.
    [IMG]

Booster Gold Midas Mode from Extreme Justice
    [IMG]
  13. Megzilla Developer

Because the classic costumes don't offer anything unique enough to justify creating a new suit. :) Maybe just single style items or something.

See my response above... Though I don't think we have glove styles as crazy as the Guy Gardner Warrior lol
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah the closest thing is cyborg's hand blasters. But is the same theory as Jaime.

And I want a true inspired booster style TBH. The one we got was something he'd endorse but never wear. It looked like he killed a lot of skeets drones to make it.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i know this sounds kinda simple, but figure why not ask wouldn't hurt, we have an emblem on Shoulders back Chest and head, what about shoes/Feet style?
  16. Megzilla Developer

It's doable just have to have gear where it'd work. :)

Sure, I can write it down :)
    • Like x 1
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

Ok, I'll give this a go.... How about:

1. Denim jacket with cutoff sleeves (bonus points for getting the frayed thread look around the arm holes)

2. Sports masks (hockey goalie, baseball catcher)

3. Update to the Dept of Corrections back piece to make the rotor blades spin
    • Like x 2
  18. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Here's some examples -

Adam Strange -
    [IMG]

We don't have any of his styles in game - helmet, chest, legs, hands, feet, back, waist...all he may be missing is a face or shoulder style. Although you can borrow from later styles -
    [IMG]

Doctor Fate -
    [IMG]

Face style could be his alternate helmet or vice versa -
    [IMG]

Classic Robin has a lot of elements to make an almost full set (shoulders are the only thing missing) -
    [IMG]

Classic Green Arrow (again shoulders, but most modern suits don't have them from the source material either) -
    [IMG]

Exact replicas of these styles are not in the game currently, You have to squint and pretend to try to replicate these looks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Megzilla Developer

Will keep this in mind when exploring slimline designs :)
  20. Moon Light Active Player

Please, please, please bring back the Superman emblem for the 80th anniversary