Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Dice-Knight New Player

Anyone remember Control Freak? That villain from the "Teen Titans"-TV show? He had a Quad-Bladed Lightsaber, which would make for an awesome staff style.

[IMG]
    I am not a staff user myself, so I don´t know whether or not, the blades might clip through a characters hands or anything while attacking, but there´s also possible copyright issues.

Probably unlikely, but what do you think?

(P.S. Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my native language)
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I think I speak for several a few at least a couple other people here when I say that crotch-mounted guns would be HILARIOUS! :D

[IMG]

What? Don't blame me, blame DC Comics for creating the villain Codpiece! :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

Don't make me take away your posting privileges lol
    • Like x 2
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I prefer the Section 8 that was loosely based on Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers...

[IMG]

Sadly, after making 2 video games that are pretty much the closest thing we've gotten to a video game adaptation of the novel Starship Troopers, with powered armor very similar to what Heinlein described, the developer (Timegate Studios) went out of business in 2013. So there will never be any further games in the franchise. :(
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

My apologies, every once in awhile, I find myself amused by one of DC's Bat-Crap Crazy ideas that they've had over the years. Which would be why I set out to recreate the infamous New Guardians villain SNOWFLAME!

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Megzilla Developer

I was teasing haha. :)
    • Like x 3
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

only one style I would like to see, Sword of Grey Skull, one with and one without the crystal
  9. Megzilla Developer

I know He-Man was included in DC Comics but I think he would be considered more of a crossover than part of the DC Universe
    • Like x 3
  10. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Just noticed the cool plant Bow that one of the plant themed prisoners at Strykers Island was using and would love to see it available for player use.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I believe that's in the MP, there is a Nature themed weapon set and all of the weapons are plant based.
  12. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

It is different from the "Organic" style bow in the market. The market one is sort of aloe leaf / cactus looking.
    [IMG]

The Stryker's island one is more branch like with small leaves from what little I could see in the fight.

And it was much better looking than a third plant like bow I've seen that is also available for players.The Tree Branch Bow is not very good.
    [IMG]
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah some npc’s have some really nice exclusive weapon styles... I’d love to get those SMGs that certain dual pistols adds use... Penguin gunners in the new duo, SWAT agents in Earth 3, Mercenary grunts in the Legends Of Tomorrow based stuff...
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Just like I want violet energy construct weapons...
    (Pretty sure every other Star Sapphire fan wants them, too)
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah. While I’ve been quite vocal about what I feel is an excess of Lantern content, the whole mist-infused iconics concept totally enthralled me. I’ve whittled away many a spare minute pondering which type of mist would have affected each of my own characters... After time capsules gave us those auras and the emblems... I made mock-ups for funsies. Would be nice to have the full spectrum of weapons to work with. :)
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

welp... here we are. so, ill ask. i want a Butcher Knife 1-handed weapon. they are already used in game by the mental patients. and being that my guy literally wears human skin and is a murderer, it would be fitting.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

But we have Scarecrow's Twisted Cleaver already.
    [IMG]

Speaking of that, Megzilla! can we get the duel-wield version of Scarecrows Twisted Cleaver that the Yellow Lanterns uses? We were promised these long ago but never got them. as I remember, it was added to a vendor but removed because someone opened their big mouth about the style not matching the content and ruined it for everyone.
    • Like x 1
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

why not have both? u can very much say the same about rifle. all rifles are rifles so might as well not add any ever again. but no, theres several types of knives in the world. that would be close to a meat cleaver, which im actually using. but prefer something more explainable to pull out. like a butcher knife
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

would it be possible to get all the WM's "default" weapon styles as your equipped weapon style too?
    i mean the shiny ones. most of them are looking simple but classy, the shiny effect looks cool too!
    just brawling, martial arts and handblast have none so far, because they are bare handed by default.
    well, you could sell all the other WM styles in the MP for a reduced price (because some would miss).
  20. Black Eneas Active Player

I vote for funny weapons like rubberchickens, bottlepop gun,news reporter microphone,stopsign shield,slingshot,voodoo doll, a spatula,newspapper,a 2hand turn around don't drown sign hahahaha
    • Like x 2