Style Unlocking...Lets Go! Finally!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Apr 19, 2018.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

This should be good! Real good!!!

+ 100000000 in my book. Thanks Devs!
    • Like x 4
  2. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

It’s update 82 by the way! Let us all rejoice in happiness
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm already using the info released to plan my style purchases for particular characters. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ha ha... good joke, you had me there. :D

Wait... what?!? *reads announcement* :eek:

Yippeeee!!! :):p
    • Like x 1
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

OG plasmics for all my alts!
    • Like x 3
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay trying to figure this one out.... Here is a copy of the image that Mepps used in the announcement.....

[IMG]

So depending of the rarity of the style a chest piece alone can run from 4 Replays to 22... with some style being apparently offered up free of charge. Now to this point we have no indication if this means each of the 8 pieces assigned to each set will run 4 replays or if the cheaper ones like boots and gloves will run maybe 1 or 2.

For sake of argument lets say each piece costs the same number of replays. That means for a player to purchase all 8 pieces of the Aegis of Azarath style the player would need to use 32 replay badges. And the only way to use those replays to BUY those pieces is if another ALT that player has already has acquired the full set.

Now unless that player wants to wear THAT set of gear and is only trying to complete the style for the feats involved that gets real pricey real fast. The most feat points any style I am aware of is 50. Now if that player has a alt that has all 8 pieces of any style they already have the feat for it and that player can use two replay badges and buy the feat points awarded by any style.

Sounds like we need to be really careful about what we buy . If you have no desire to wear it... again using the Aegis of Azarath and assuming it will cost 32 replays to buy all 8 pieces. I don't have a chart in front of me but even if that style awards 50 feat points he'd save 30 replays by just grabbing the style feat and no ever buying each individual piece of the style.

ON the other hand if a player wants say a chest piece from a certain rare style to wear day in and day out and the thing ONLY drop on one particular raid.... Spending 4 replays to just BUY the chest or even 22 (as is show of the picture for the Future Crusader chest). That not a bad deal as opposed to maybe paying GOD knows how many replays to reset that raid and running iyt again and again and again and still not having that piece drop.

Its a good deal but players need to use it wisely. :cool:
    • Like x 2
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I seriously hope that's not the final UI. If i'm switching around 'existing' styles, i really only want to see the ones I have and not have to scroll through pages and pages of ones available for purchase. (or accidentally buy one). Let it be a toggle (to show all) or a separate tab when we want to buy.
    • Like x 3
  8. AllanPage Committed Player

It might be since that's the easiest way they can implement style locking without modifying other things. I'm just happy we are seeing style unlocking finally.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Finally!
    • Like x 1
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

The only big let down for me was that pvp styles aren't included in this phase.
    • Like x 2
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

cross faction in general?
  12. Tilz Loyal Player

Crossfaction should be possible.
    Check out the Dev Discussion thread. :)

From what I understand until Episode 26 and then some TCs and BB 1-3.. well.. read it :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Does this Include styles for omnipotence gear?
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes...but not in the first phase.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

i suppose i will need to have obtained the style at least once? so ppl hwo do not have an OG plasma will not get it unlockable now with RB?
    • Like x 2
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Correct - 1 toon you currently have must have the style through normal means.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, it is called style unlock, not "buy styles you wish you had but dont". ;) I want the OG plasmic too...it's the only aura I don't have (I don't count glimmering, because that is so worthless to me I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy).
    • Like x 5
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

if you think on the broker as somekind of stockmarket, you will see things skyrocket and sold a lot this weekend, while other stuff will become worthless all of a sudden ^^
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

i will sell my blue solar and nimbus now, i waited for them to sell at the day when style unlocking would happen ^^
    • Like x 2
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Heh this game is realy only about styles .
    Ok here is the deal call me when they fix in game economy and PVP then maybe i start to play my main toon not mention my alts otherwise who need this update ohh yea maybe The Sims or Barbi fans .
    From my league next person stop playing thx to Time Capsules so keep up the good work .

[IMG]
    Its funy when people shout finaly we got this update we can now buy styles like paying once for feat was not enought .
    • Like x 1