What are your expectations for the Superman event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Apr 7, 2018.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

" Funny Pages" turn into paper money before their eyes...every time...and dont worry about the the doll sales...sorry..(cough)..."Action Figure" lines...plastic into credit card receipts...every time...
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since this event is being called "The Death of Superman", I expect him to DIE! MWA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

A return to FOS... a rather uninteresting concept. I understand the use of existing in game locations, but I despise it being done. It's almost like getting a Christmas present that you watched someone else open last year! Gee thanks...
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I agree its a quick turn around, but I don't think they are overly concerned about such things, they want us playing, replaying, and playing again...

Chase the carrot, little rabbit, chase the carrot.
  5. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Open world map in smallville instance
    • Like x 2
  6. inferno Loyal Player

My expectation?:
    Day One: Superman Celebration, parade, gifts, collections in the cities with rewards. (If you listen to some of the collection carefully there would be some current news event.

Day Two: A disturbance in Metropolis, players are getting hit randomly with Flying debris; cars, buildings and getting damaged. Players are getting reports and quest of determining the source. Random drops of base items for participation.

Day Three: Massive creature found wandering parts of Metropolis. Jumping from nowhere; Heroes and Villains alike are pummeled. Open world chaos. Disconnects galore as numerous players pile on this dangerous creature. The creature is unstoppable and would jump out of the area randomly. Random drops of style items for participation and lasting or doing certain damage before mission is complete.

Day Four: B-list villains and heroes join in the fracas as the Creature gets stronger, parts of the city are destroyed. There's no safe place. Missions are abandoned as new heroes and villains are destroyed in an instant. Justice League members start to come in.

Day Five: The entire Justice League has arrived, to no avail. Doomsday is fully revealed and they fall one by one, with player participation. Random drops of posters from Comic book images from the Death of Superman. Doomsday is now jumping in between cities.

Day Six: Justice League falls one by one. Superman remains, more debris falling everywhere, sonic booms as evidence of fighting heard. AT certain times when they create a massive sonic boom as their blows meet, is a one-shot in their perimeter for any players. As everyone is hurled (similar to when players approach a cross-faction facility)

Day Seven: Death of Superman.

A change may be instead of days the events would be spread out to weeks.

That's pretty much my expectation or something similar.

Not really holding my breath.
    • Like x 2
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'm starting to wonder if the Celebration isn't going to start with playable content, but with other new stuff - Base Items, Artifacts, Styles, Emblems, A New Superman Legends Skin, etc as gifts on April 18th.

And then the playable stuff will come in May or June...
    • Like x 3
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sigh, don't be right. :(
    • Like x 5
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

That's what I was thinking because the 18th is next week so they have to do something for it . I do believe we will get a livestream next week for a Superman/Metropolis time capsule dropping the 19th.
    • Like x 1
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

[IMG]
    This is the guy who "expects you to die"...
    • Like x 2
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

But no one does an evil laugh quite like Dr. Evil! ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Ascended Well-Known Player

My expectation is that this is going to be treated like a holiday event, but the daily missions and group content objectives will change periodically as we run through the story. And there'll be a "Water release celebration" thing where we'll get a few Super-related gifts for logging in each week. Mostly it'll just be cool styles, base items, and probably a title or two, with a handful of feats attached and one pain the *** collection that sells for billions on the broker.

It'll be super easy content, because it's not suppose to challenge us it's supposed to be fun and make us feel powerful (right up until Doomsday's TPK) and it's something the whole community has to be capable of finishing.

So really, my expectations are fairly low. I'm not expecting much, Im expecting a good time and a distraction. And that's all I need this to be.
  13. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

We're all justice league members when we hit level 30. The death of Superman showed the JL fighting doomsday well. In the city of Metropolis. Why not face doomsday every 30 minutes of real time in a part of metropolis where many heroes can band together to him down.
    • Like x 1
  14. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I hadn’t really thought about it, but we’ve never seen Clark Kent, have we? Let’s see him throw down a smoke capsule and change his armory to Superman.
    • Like x 2
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Considering it’s supposed to last until June, I’d say weeks is more likely (also, that would account for people who for various reasons can’t log in every day and would otherwise miss out on most of it)

But this would be the PERFECT way to do it!

Week 8: Superman’s funeral.

Week 9: Metropolis mourns.

Week 10: Superman returns/reappears. Metropolis doubts, thinks he’s a fake/pretender.

Week 11: Superman saves Metropolis. People begin to believe and trust.

Week 12: Massive city-wide celebration of Superman’s return.

(Thought I’d finish out the story for you ;))
  16. Agent Flores Committed Player

Mr. Migraine is always right. Our league have know this to be true. :p
  17. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

2 days before Superman's actual anniversary and no news or update has really lowered my expectations
    • Like x 4
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The lack of any information (not counting the new Doomsday model) has me starting to wonder if maybe “Death of Superman” isn’t code for “shutting down the servers” :/

Come on, Mepps, throw us a bone here...

I’m starting to get worried.
    • Like x 1
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do think we'll get a post tomorrow about a livestream Wednesday talking about whatever box with the redesigned t1 Superman style and the new Metropolis time capsules. I do think questions about the event will be answered with the standard "We're just here to talk about the time capsules and Superman anniversary box we'll have a livestream when we have more to share".
    • Like x 1