Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm0987 Committed Player

Thanks for elaborating lol but like I said, I understand the legendary perks. Did you even read my post. I've subbed before numerous times.
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

That's the thing though, the whole premium status is bs, especially for people who actually buy the dlc. I'm pretty sure dcuo is one of the only games that bars you off from money access like that.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Dcuo is probably the only game that has progression tied to extremely rare collections as well
    • Like x 2
  4. Entrust Committed Player

How is the premium status "bs"?

For players like myself it provides the assurance then when I take a break from the game, be it a month or a year, everything I've purchased is exactly the same when I return.

I also get to select what I want to expand. For myself it was dlcs, inventory, bank, and shared bank space. I didn't need extra character slots above what premium is given, or more broker slots as that part of the game doesn't really interest me.

Premium is an alternative membership option, with clearly stated limitations. If you don't find it an appealing option there is the subscription.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah, it is one of the only games that does that. However, other games offer other features and perks for things that DCUO does not have. For example, (This may have changed in the past year since I have not played this game since then) Neverwinter blocks off teleporting to different areas anytime/anywhere unless you are a subscriber. Non-subscribers have to go back to the main hub to go somewhere else. If DC did that then there would be a huge uproar of only letting subscribers teleport anywhere without having to go to the Watchtower first.
    That is why DCUO limiting cash for freemiums is something that must be there. Because there aren't a ton of MUST HAVE perks for subscribing if you were to take that away then subscribing loses MUCH of the value.
    • Like x 1
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

My wife just resubscribed after being premium for three or four years (had subscribed before that) when she bought DLCs and powers as she wanted them. Why did she subscribe again? Simple - she got fed up with the cash cap but didn't want to quit the game completely. So yes, in her case at least, the cash cap did exactly what it was set up to do.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is simple until the DEVs give a slight increase per DLC bought they are just a bunch of liers to there own pay as you play promise they fed us when this game went free to play to begin with..

and ever since the introduction of Artifacts and time capsules they again changed the profit model of this game to a true free to play game pricing model that also forces you to pay a sub to have access to your own things unlike any other of the free to play mmo's out there

people can defend as they want but they are wrong go play the others and you will see what im talking about
    • Like x 1
  9. Entrust Committed Player

Can you support your assertion that they lied with evidence?

Or are you just being salty because you don't like the cash-cap?
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes i was there when they did the live stream and the forum notes and all the other places they talked of a ala cart payment system that they never supported and made increasingly less effective with every DLC by slowly pricing out all the items to the point were we all had to make a big stink for them to keep items under the cash cap they implemented.

this doesn't even affect me as im legendary and generally pay for the year but it was still a lie told to the player base that they never upheld. and I will hold them accountable until they fix the issue or like I assume will actually happen NOTHING!
    • Like x 1
  11. Hytch Well-Known Player

I have played other F2P mmos that have a subscription option. They all offer different things and prohibit others through subscriptions. For this game, besides access to all the dlcs, the cash cap is the largest incentive to sub up. So if the devs want subs they need to either offer more incentives for subscribers or not remove the cash cap. The devs would be making a very poor business decision if they removed the cash cap for freemiums.
    You may not like it. You are not supposed to. It is supposed to make you feel limited in what you can do. If you don't like it and you feel limited then it is working as intended.
    • Like x 2
  12. Entrust Committed Player

So that's a no, you don't have anything to back up your assertion then?

No links to vids, forum post, or articles that support your claim that they are liars.

You just expect us to take your word for it?

Btw, I've been playing ala cart since 2012. Any item I needed which was priced above $2000 was able to be acquired by alternative means (barter/trade). Plus it had the added benefit of encouraging interaction with other players and developing relationships.

It's looking less and less like they "lied" and more like they simply failed to live up to your expectations.
    • Like x 2
  13. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Lol, I have always felt that there should be a cash cap increase with dlc purchases. I personally bought the first 10 episodes before I subbed. These days the cash cap removal is pretty much the only incentive to sub, so unfortunately I don't think it will ever be removed.
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This is what I was trying to get at lol. Its not gamebreaking, but maybe, another "small perk" for spending extra money on the game.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It's designed to make you uncomfortable as a premium player to entice you to subscribe, the developers want you to subscribe.

It's not a scam because you can either remain where you are as premium (not paying a whole lot to play) or you can subscribe unlock all features or remain premium and buy escrow tokens.

The options are already there sub or buy escrow.

Didn't we have this thread a week ago too.. oh that's right we did.
    • Like x 3
  16. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Well i havent done sonda about it however i know few people who played this game for like 2 days and they quit its not hard to guess why :)
    no trade system for free players you can count that in as well .
    To be honest now there is no point of grinding in this game .I mean since all those glitch abusers made trilions in game cash they own in game economy but devs are to blind to see it .All they care it real cash aspect and in game economy means nothing .

Now we got people who spend a lot of real cash on stablizers and many people who spend 7 years on farming to get a lot of in game cash then we got glitch abusers who spend one afternoon to get same amount of in game cash and then ofc we got devs who unban those glitch abusers without taking back items and money they got from abusing this glitch .

There is no hope for this game even if it was totaly free to play so lets talk about styles new auras and BS like that :)
    • Like x 1
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Actually it is I had a couple of friends join DC, 1 actually subbed for 6 months, played a couple of days then quit. 1 kept getting stuck in walls, stuck in rocks, and kept falling through the floor then he quit.

How would a new player to DC know what a Phoenix feather is or what a Super boy Statue is?

My only answer is if you don't like something I can pretty much guarantee that it will come off as a very negative thing to your friend.

I also believe that a friend was probably playing a different game and you invited them and they already were involved in the game they were playing and looked for any excuse to go back to what they enjoy.

The cash cap discussion is a topic that comes up when someone wants to go premium but wants to still play the broker game. Yeah sure they start by asking for some minor change like extra 500 for each DLC, but that is just to open up for starters.
  18. Wildboy Committed Player

Working as intended. No changes needed.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Im with fatal, if I had to go premium, I simply wouldnt play. I dont understand how you guys do it.

But, back when I was a new player, the cash cap was THE REASON I went legendary to begin with. And from what Ive heard, I am far from alone in that. It is meant to be annoying. That is the point. They want you to be legendary. They want everyone to be legendary.
    • Like x 2
  20. useless Well-Known Player

yes i did read,wanted to say just "no",but tought to remind you of benefits,with just 500 lp and 150 rb its not even $15 a month,but like i said its my opinion...
    honestly,wouldnt mind slightly increasing cash cap for premium if it gives automaticly new benefits for legendary
    but thats just me thinking....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.