Stutter and lag on gtx 1080 ti

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by MrSheep, Apr 8, 2018.

1. MrSheep New Player

Hi , I used to play this game pretty well when I had an amd rig despite the 30 fps lock.Some months ago I swithced to a 1080ti and the game seems to stutter a lot and not be fluid at all despite me having always the 30 fps, I also tryed locking the fps at 60 fps with nvidia control panel but the stutter and lag still exist.It only happens in this game.
  2. Blaster_Knight New Player

Did you try turning off Vsync? The in game Vsync is what locks the frame rates. I usually just turn on Vsync in the Nvidia control panel and turn it off in game.
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

hm... my NVIDIA control panel has no option to set an FPS cap of 60, which is why I use the nvidia inspector. This fixed the problem of overload on the graphiccard and screen artifacts. Ingame V-sync seems to have no effect on FPS for me.

Without Triple buffering I get an average of 40 FPS in Metropolis and it will stabilize above 50 FPS with triple buffering.
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Considering that PS4 uses a modified HD7870, I think AMD Radeon card would be way better choice for PC players too. Im planning to swap my current NVidea card for a HD7970 or newer depending on what I can find.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I have had the impression for some years now, that Radeon cards are more energy efficent and their drivers more stable and reliable.

Unfortunately, when I tried to get a Radeon in 2017, none were available for a reasonable price. The bitcoin hype wiped the market clean, so that my supplier couldn't get any good Radeon into stock...

On the contrary, now it might be possible to by the bitcoin cards that are now resold as used cards...
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Thing is that NVidea have good scores upon release of a card and then they purposely sabotage their older cards with drivers that are 99% made for their newest card at the market. So NVidea is a choice only for people who buy new PCs/video cards like every year and dont care much about money.

About an year after release, AMD cards not only catch up in productivity but surpasses an year old NVidea cards that were previously showing higher results.