What are your expectations for the Superman event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TestReporter, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

How about you sunstone crystal control console and each time you interact with it Jor-El's head comes up saying something intelligent about krypton.
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The endgame content is for when they turn the Superman anniversary event into a episode next year.
    • Like x 2
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

they plan to unload the whole tier 9 with this superman stuff why is dcuo still at tier 8 who knows why are we not at tier 20 yet who knows. all i know is the devs should skip the bullcrap and stop putting a cap to artifacts set the next rank to 500 buff npc to account for rank 500 and call dcuo dcuo 2. with that said we better see a crit artifact next or ima poop my pants
    • Like x 1
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Probably appease these fanboys with a dumb emblem they been pining for since game started. Nonetheless, i will only care about feats as my desire to look like 100s of other people in this game is as bout as strong as glass joe’s jaw!
    • Like x 2
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

It may be in poor taste as you put it, but have you ever known of an episode/event to be released, and it not have better gear than the previous episode/event?

I get your point of view, but I highly doubt better gear will not be included. This is their primary means to force players to play and replay content. This is also part of the reason I have been playing significantly less during Deluge. I think I have ran the duo twice, and perhaps a few of the daily's is all... a far cry from the 3-4 hours I used to play daily back when I was addicted.

The only progression they see is gear progression. Our powers and abilities are for all intents and purposes the same as when we hit level 30. Only our gear has changed, we are wasting away in a get gear, feed greed game.
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

I hope this "events" doesn't mean we will not see another episode till November. Considering Deluge content was mostly already released for free last year, I think we should have a new fresh and huge episode coming this summer and later on, another Aquaman episode around November along with the Aquaman movie.
    • Like x 1
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We’re still on track to have three more new DLC this year. Let’s look at last year’s schedule:

April 5, 2017 through May 31, 2017 - Starro Major Event

June 1, 2017 - Age of Justice

September 20, 2017 - Riddled with Crime

November 15, 2017 - Earth 3

The Superman celebration is scheduled to end in June which would match up with a new DLC hitting right after Superman ends (thus keeping a similar release schedule to last year). Of course, there is some argument over how much of a DLC Riddled with Crime was; so one of the remaining three for the year could be a DLC- lite. We’ll see.

I’ve been expecting Superman to have content something like the Starro event or the DCUO Anniversary event; but the Superman anniversary is now 8 days away and there’s still nothing on test. My hopes are fading.
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

3 more this year? Highly doubtful. Its April, and technically while we got one, it was more rehash of Starro than new content, and yet it took almost 4 - 5 months to get out? 3 more seems highly unlikely, especially with the new motto of we will release it when its ready.
    • Like x 1
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I expect the same thing from the last couple of episodes, 4 open world mission, bounty, and kill 300+ bad guy weekly thing. Tired of the 300+ killing already, gets old and boring real fast and very tedious. Basically the same thing just with different content.
    • Like x 3
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't expect but do hope, the guys get a Superman outift and the ladies get a Supergirl outfit.
    • Like x 1
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

I want Rain of the Supermen.

When you go out into Metropolis, little Supermans are falling from the sky.
    • Like x 1
  12. Megzilla Developer

I want this to be our whole event
    • Like x 10
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

15. Ully Committed Player

I hear what you're saying man, but you're missing my point. Deluge was released on March 29th and the Superman event is expected to drop later this month. According to my knowledge, there has never been a short turn around time for content this quickly. To me, I find introducing newer content with better gear and stats in the span of a month to be problematic and trivialising, especially when the following content is temporary. Simply put, introducing another set of gear to grind, weeks after Deluge's release is something I find to be extremely distasteful. Of course, you and I are simply speculating and it'd be nice if a Dev could comment on this particular topic, because I'd like to see some clarification moving forward.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

• Like x 1
  17. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’d say that most likely, the first thing we’ll see is a Death of Superman TC, since the Resurgence TCs stop dropping on the 18th, if only as a stopgap while they finish getting the actual content ready.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You beat me to it!
    • Like x 1
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a stupid something you can only get if you open gambleboxes...a "super" aura....and all the "Kryptonian" characters will freak...cause supeneeds...What do I WANT...
    [IMG]
    SUPERBOY ROBOTS.....WHEN do I want them...NOW!!!
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I think we will see FOS again.. maybe as a new "outside world" solo world scenario

kinda like the starro central city solo/outer world etc