READY PLAYER ONE

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Dec 10, 2017.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's good to get more details on the film and it looks like it's going to be one heck of a wild ride, but at the same time I gotta wonder how much it cost them to use all those licensed characters for the film. :D
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've read the book and Steven Spielberg just helped getting as much things in there. When they released the first trailer I was already questioning which important licensed characters they got and didnt. The RX78 gundam pretty much awesome to see being it was part of the final battle.

Hopefully they get all the mechs in the final battle.
  4. Eve YouTuber

Never heared of it before, looks cool! I will so watch it.
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You had me at Iron Giant and Chucky.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

You had me at the time traveling delorean
  7. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

8. sirzap Well-Known Player

watched this last sunday....

80's nostalgia overload
    • Like x 1
  9. mattyice Active Player

Saw the movie last night, I thought it was pretty good. Never read the book, but I liked all the characters they got to put into the movie. Won't name any just to prevent spoilers for those who go see it. But I thought it had a good storyline and the CGI was really good, which it had to be in a movie like this.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think i was so hyped up for the movie that the whole thing became anti climatic for me. Wasnt bad but wasn't great either. Going to have to wait a few months and watch it again "when I least expect it".
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Will wait till its s vudu rental
  12. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The changes made to the movie, unlike other adaptations, was more than too much for me. I still enjoyed it though, so for non-readers, I think they'll have a decent time too.

Pretty much they grabbed just the MMO VR, 3-keys, easter egg, character names from the book. All fun details were scrapped, which I think, could've made it into the movie without any consequence to the run time.