In-Game Chat Moderators?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Thy7th, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Thy7th New Player

Where are the in-game chat moderators? The amount of misinformation and just pure troll like behavior of some of the players I see in the Shout chat is just mind boggling. Then when I try to help someone in chat, the people spreading the misinformation call me the liar which only further confuses the new players. This game needs some chat moderation because the handful of people that spread lies are the loudest people in the in-game chat.
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well, this is an MMO. No matter where you are or how you interact with other people, humans will always lie. Trolls will always exist.

Please know that people who spread lies like that are just spreading lies for lying's sake. They are extremely insecure and are probably dealing with crap from their own life,, so they feel weak, powerless. Their lives are probably unfulfilled, so they troll and spread lies to vent themselves. Don't be angry or frustrated. That's what they want. They feed off from your hatred. Instead, feel sorry for them. Pity them.

Oh and you think lying and trolling in MMO's are bad? Try the White House.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The sad thing is, many of the people who spread misinformation actually believe what they’re saying; at one time they either heard it from someone else, or thought of it themselves and are too invested in not admitting they’re wrong.
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Moderators? What's a moderators, the people they hire are up on the roof 4:20ing it --~
  5. mattyice Active Player

I'll occasionally read the in-game chat, and its usually just some trolls messing with each other. But what I see the most is the spam. It floods my chat and it gets annoying very quickly. I realize a moderator for the game would be hard to control overall all the players, but could they at least try to clean up the spam chat?
    • Like x 1
  6. Thy7th New Player

Yeah, I've had to ignore a few players just this week for all the spam. Something needs to be done to clean up the chat. People aren't even using the proper chat channels anymore lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Thy7th New Player

While I fully understand what you've said, that doesn't explain the lack of in-game chat moderators. This game isn't a Beta MMO, it's 7 years old. It isn't just the false information spreading and confusing new players that gets to me, there's more. The false information, the spam to get people to buy things from various sites, people using the wrong chat channels, racial slurs being thrown around, etc. If they don't want to hire someone, they can just implement a bot to keep the trash out.
  8. Thy7th New Player

It's insane to me that people don't take the ~30 seconds to find the source of the information to read facts about the details in this game. So much could be solved by just using a search engine.
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well, then that would be violating the 1st Amendment. No game does this (that I know of). The closest I've seen is in Wizard101 and Pirate101, where getting reported for racial slurs will get you banned, or at the very least, you'll have your free chat privileges taken away (you would then have to use menu chat, which is just a bunch of regulated words and phrases ready made for use).

The racial slur thing, you should report. But other than that, you just have to deal with it. Banning someone for lying or misguided information can put Daybreak in court. And they don't want that.

But I understand what your saying, and I fully support it. I would love chat moderators. But we're never going to get any.
  10. Thy7th New Player

I didn't say anything about banning people. Just look at a game like Warframe, also a free to play game. They have a system in place where if you say a racial slur, for example, you're immediately blocked from using the chat. They also just generally have in-game chat moderators.
  11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Not being a lawyer, or American, maybe I'm wrong...but I thought the 1st amendment was around government restricting free speech.

Daybreak is a private company, and can ban you for any reason they want. It's probably even stated in the EULA.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

It probably comes down to sheer size. DCUO might be too big for that to happen.
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

You know as soon as I dragged politics into this I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of it. Yeah, your right. My bad. :D
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It’s mostly that you tried to compare apples and oranges with the link ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Warframe also goes out of the way to communicate with their community while DCUO doesn't so I can see them putting the effort into fixing things that the Dev's on DCUO wouldn't even think about .